The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sick of snow. LET THE SKY DANDRUFF END.

At least the creepy security guard moved to another hospital. He followed a young female nurse into a locker/dressing room once. I have never seen a security guard get so excited to walk me out to my car before...
Dtn8pffV4AEl4a9.jpg

Good riddance Thumb from Spy kids, you will not be missed. Sincerely, every female in every building ever.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so out of it. Pupils very dilated. He's walking around like he's lost and bumping into things. Staring at the wall. Falling over. I tried to keep him still but he won't relax. He's never reacted like this the last 2 times.
Isabelle gets anxious from anesthesia, too. Makes me anxious watching her as she is so restless and I try to keep her in my bedroom with the door close, but she would just beg at the door or sit there with her nose up against the door crack... I'd try to get her to snuggle with me, but she was too anxious to sit still. Hard to see our babies like that.

Getting my new hearing aids today! They are compatible with my phone, so I can hear calls directly through them, and adjust the volume using my phone! That's going to be a huge help! Leaving for my appointment in about an hour, now!
Nice! Wait, so the hearing aids action kind of like earbuds that have a microphone and speaker for doing handless calls? If so, technology has gone so far! Blows my mind.

Excited to do an interview this week through one of my money making apps. There has been a couple that were pet related, and I finally qualified for one! Not exactly sure the topic as they do not share details beforehand, but the screening was about cat toys and such. I'm interested to see what this one is about as it should be enjoyable! In the past, the opportunities allowed for feedback on products, websites, and new features, so guessing it will be about some type of pet products!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sick of snow. LET THE SKY DANDRUFF END.
Agreed! I have never wanted to just get outside so much before. I assume because I can't get out and do my normal indoor winter activities this year. It's sad when going to do a grocery pick up or going to the pediatrician is maximum excitement.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been getting a lot of 'nuisance' snow lately- not enough to justify firing up the snow blower, but too much to leave on the sidewalk, there to be trampled into a skating rink, just waiting for a slip-and-fall lawsuit.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have something on my mind which will not go away and it's scary. I hope it's not happening where you live, but here in Germany during lock-down people have been buying dogs and cats as if there were no tomorrow. Shelters are (at last) almost empty except for truly hopeless cases. Unfortunately it has become a case of supply and demand. Good looking cats are being stolen, and the price of cats being sold through advertisements on eBay and other sites has rocketed sky high. Simple moggies are being sold privately as Persian-Mix, BSH-Mix, Bengal-Mix, etc. for prices 5 times the amount a responsible cat shelter would ask. There are far more tom-cats for sale which makes one wonder what is happening to the females - obviously they are being kept for breeding purposes. Many people have realized that their cat could now be sold for so much more than they paid for it so there is an abundance of fairly young moggies now on sale as half-pedigrees because the owner suddenly, out of the blue, has too little time, a new baby, an allergy.

What will happen after lock-down when people start wanting to go on holiday again? There will be even more cats than normal just left behind to fend for themselves or "deposited" in the woods or somewhere on the highway. The surplus of kittens will cause more suffering and a lot more work for cat shelters. Prices will go down and the "value" of a cat for many owners will also sink - another reason to dispose of the unfortunate creature.

Please tell me this isn't happening and I'm just imagining things!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have something on my mind which will not go away and it's scary. I hope it's not happening where you live, but here in Germany during lock-down people have been buying dogs and cats as if there were no tomorrow. Shelters are (at last) almost empty except for truly hopeless cases. Unfortunately it has become a case of supply and demand. Good looking cats are being stolen, and the price of cats being sold through advertisements on eBay and other sites has rocketed sky high. Simple moggies are being sold privately as Persian-Mix, BSH-Mix, Bengal-Mix, etc. for prices 5 times the amount a responsible cat shelter would ask. There are far more tom-cats for sale which makes one wonder what is happening to the females - obviously they are being kept for breeding purposes. Many people have realized that their cat could now be sold for so much more than they paid for it so there is an abundance of fairly young moggies now on sale as half-pedigrees because the owner suddenly, out of the blue, has too little time, a new baby, an allergy.

What will happen after lock-down when people start wanting to go on holiday again? There will be even more cats than normal just left behind to fend for themselves or "deposited" in the woods or somewhere on the highway. The surplus of kittens will cause more suffering and a lot more work for cat shelters. Prices will go down and the "value" of a cat for many owners will also sink - another reason to dispose of the unfortunate creature.

It's a thing, I'm afraid. :( It happened in Australia after our big lockdowns. Things are far more open here now and people are realising the repercussions of their actions,

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise

We're preparing for this here at our shelter. We do the best we can to vet the people adopting, but the reality is some people may end up working from home for good (because their business figured out it's actually practical for them) and in that case, an animal adoption would be a great fit.

It's a thing, I'm afraid. :( It happened in Australia after our big lockdowns. Things are far more open here now and people are realising the repercussions of their actions,
But you are both right. People will go back to work. Kids will go back to school. Unfortunately, this means many animals who thought they had a loving home are going to be sent back to shelters, or worse, left to fend for themselves. While I have no control over other countries, other states, or even other areas of my own state, I'm questioning everyone I can that much harder about thinking long-term. That's all I can do. We can't fix people (unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.