The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to just fall instead of trying to break a fall
I have this really awesome habit of falling gracefully, like if I trip on a slightly or more angled surface I will slide naturally instead of plopping heavily. Surprised this happens as I usually brace myself for something more painful!

I did not put a baking sheet or something heavier on top and Sparkle got into the leftovers overnight
Looks like someone enjoyed it! :flail: Compliments to the chef!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think it will be no using my coatie for a blanket upstairs... Sunnie peed on me, on my coat, again last night. Isabelle and I were going upstairs and hanging in the spare room upstairs instead of hanging out on the deck when it was cold, but worried about doing that as not sure if Sunnie is getting annoyed at cat smell in his old age. I do not want him peeing in the spare room because he smells her. Isabelle will just have to be okay with staying down here until it gets warmer, like above freezing, before we can do special trips out on the deck.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess Sparkle says she too likes pancakes. :lol: Noodles would have done the same thing. If I had to leave the room while something was cooling on the counter I would surround it with big things like the jugs of vinegar and boxes of cereal. That USUALLY discouraged her. That's the nice thing about this time of year; I can take things to the garage to finish cooling if I cover them right. We have a mini-fridge out there too. But right now it's cold enough for drinks and fruit and stuff.

Right now I'm thinking how it's Presidents Day and I want to give my kids the day off. I woke having a bizzare dream this morning that wasn't super restful. But I have a dentist appointment coming up and DD has a well visit; so that'll disturb our work enough. Time for coffee. :yawn:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't updated. My notifications quit working and the kids have been keeping me busy.

Mastitis cleared up almost instantly when I got the right antibiotics. The clog is mostly out. My OB told me to start taking sunflower lecithin to make the fat in the milk less sticky. She said with a really stubborn clog right that, it might take as long as a month to completely clear but to just keep working at it and as long as it was shrinking and I wasn't feeling sick, too not worry.
They finally got out here and fixed the leak. Apparently they hadn't properly glued one of the pieces on or something.
Other than that, nothing new going on. Just trying to stay warm in these negative temperatures. Brrr.
20210208_102759.jpg 20210202_161415.jpg b0067843abfd1172f99584ebc0244c63.0.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ali is growing so much!! They are so sweet snuggled together.

I'm missing those days sometimes. I like them at this age; but they aren't always as sweet. When the kids were younger we swapped their bedroom door knobs for ones without locks because they were locking themselves in and out of rooms. Now DS won't leave DD alone when she's changing so DH put her old knob back on so she can have privacy. DS decided to lock her door while she was in the shower today. He came out and said "I wonder what ____'s gonna do when she sees her door is locked." :hmmm: Brothers!! :lol: Good thing I know how to pick those locks. And they know where I keep the "key." But yeah; he's been told not to do that again. And this is why he won't be getting a lock back on his door just yet. ;)

Oh; he just paid DD to clean his room. From his own money. I don't know which kid is smarter... :crazy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She said with a really stubborn clog right that, it might take as long as a month to completely clear but to just keep working at it and as long as it was shrinking and I wasn't feeling sick, too not worry.
They finally got out here and fixed the leak. Apparently they hadn't properly glued one of the pieces on or something.
And I had this hysterically weird moment when I read ALL of that as part of the mastitis, and thought, "HUH??? WHAT???" Then it dawned on me. Sometimes, my brain stutters can be a lot of fun! But I am glad that BOTH OF THE SEPARATE PROBLEMS are getting resolves!

Poor Scamper has been in a fight, but...he has that bad leg, and the local queens are Singing the Song of Love all over the neighborhood. He's ok, just a couple of small patches of fur gone, and some minor scrapes, which he allowed me to medicate. Must step up my efforts to get him to the point of my being able to load him in a carrier and tote him off for preventative snipping! We're much closer than we were a few weeks ago, but not there yet!

Our COVID cases in my zip code (which is my entire tiny town) have doubled in the past two weeks. I may end up being glad that I have almost 6 months worth of food and supplies here. I don't know if I trust going out next month.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I had this hysterically weird moment when I read ALL of that as part of the mastitis, and thought, "HUH??? WHAT???"
:crackup:
Poor Scamper has been in a fight, but...he has that bad leg,
He's ok, just a couple of small patches of fur gone, and some minor scrapes, which he allowed me to medicate.
Our COVID cases in my zip code (which is my entire tiny town) have doubled in the past two weeks.
:hugs:🙏

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't updated. My notifications quit working and the kids have been keeping me busy.

Mastitis cleared up almost instantly when I got the right antibiotics. The clog is mostly out. My OB told me to start taking sunflower lecithin to make the fat in the milk less sticky. She said with a really stubborn clog right that, it might take as long as a month to completely clear but to just keep working at it and as long as it was shrinking and I wasn't feeling sick, too not worry.
Other than that, nothing new going on. Just trying to stay warm in these negative temperatures. Brrr.
View attachment 370190View attachment 370191View attachment 370192
I'm glad you're healing. The pic of Aiden and Ali is sooo cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.