The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf You really stress yourself out over stuff that you can't control. That can't be healthy for you. You really need to focus on yourself and getting you healthy than over what a bunch of stray cats are doing. You have said in the past that there are numerous other people who feed the strays. Stop putting the weight of the world on your shoulders and relax a little. :hugs:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I thought I said above that the don’t. Hence coming back after 2 or 3 days being thin and hungry. I know there are other colonies but only 2 of the 10 cats that were here with me are still here and these 2 only eat here. Other colony caretakers do not see them. It’s all residential here.

And I am supposed to be a colony caretaker which means take care of.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I thought I said above that the don’t. Hence coming back after 2 or 3 days being thin and hungry. I know there are other colonies but only 2 of the 10 cats that were here with me are still here and these 2 only eat here. Other colony caretakers do not see them. It’s all residential here.

And I am supposed to be a colony caretaker which means take care of.
Ok. I was just concerned because you come on here and say the cats are gone, the cats might be dead, you are a terrible caretaker and need to find somebody else to take care of them, etc. Sounds like you are stressing yourself out but I guess I misunderstand your posts.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well yea. Injured wild turkey that really cannot survive out in the wild.
Oh, you didn't say it was injured. Poor thing!

We have tons of wild turkeys. They do exactly whatever they want, lol. They're big enough not to have to worry about many predators so they're pretty brave.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure giving me the look this morning because of hiding the food in tent due to mosquito truck coming through. He knows where the cams are. Silly cat he also so me put the food in the tents last night yet he acts as though I was abusing him or something.

The look.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody know how long I can keep Almond Butter? I am getting a bday gift card from Walmart. There are 3 Almond Butter flavors that I want to try. I can't see the expiration dates on the jars. Do you think it's wise to order all 3 at once? Here's the flavors, don't they sound yummy? :yummy:

MaraNatha Dark Roast Creamy Almond Butter, 12 Ounce Jar - Walmart.com
MaraNatha Banana Peanut Butter, 12 Ounce Jar - Walmart.com
Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter, 12 oz - Walmart.com
Those look delicious! I agree with W Willowy 's link. It's likely like peanut butter that's shelf stable when not yet opened, and lasts a good while even once opened, especially in the fridge.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody know how long I can keep Almond Butter? I am getting a bday gift card from Walmart. There are 3 Almond Butter flavors that I want to try. I can't see the expiration dates on the jars. Do you think it's wise to order all 3 at once? Here's the flavors, don't they sound yummy? :yummy:

We buy the maranatha brand all the time. I keep it in the refrigerator when it’s open and the pantry before that. I often buy 2 jars at once. So I guess it depends how fast you use it. But we’ve never had it go bad and we often have several open at once.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

whoo, whooo! Banana peanut butter? May have to sneak that into the next walmart grocery order. Has anybody tried it? I used to cook wraps with peanut butter and bananas while at school. Yum yum.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did one of the hardest things in my life. While outside feeding Treasure I heard a familiar long meow and looked up to see Cooper who went missing first of March. I immediately was filled with happiness that he came. It was with mixed emotions though that I had to walk away after spending 20 minutes with him as he has a collar on which means he has a home. I didn't want to encourage him to stay and cause the new owner worry and concern like I was for him all this year since he was a dumped pet and didn't grow up outside like Treasure and Sopdet did. While I'm so happy he found a home I know that I will miss him dearly. But I know that it's safer for him to be inside then out and I wonder if he came to say goodbye or ran away from whoever put the collar on him. Treasure is upset at the moment but so far no fighting.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just so :frustrated:with that problem tech at work. Long story short, the boss was informed of a recent serious issue and she's going to get the door badger reader log from security to see if the tech actually did enter an area to do the assigned work or not. What happens next will depend on what the log says. The problem tech isn't a bad person. She just sucks at the job :frustrated:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Hope you guys in California are safe from the fires.
Really out of control there.
Keep safe!!
The fires are mainly in the northern part and the smoke gets blown into Reno, NV where I now live. The sky has been brown for days, visibility was 2 miles and there is an "unhealthful air condition" warning. Even with the everlasting wind the skies did not clear until somewhat today, it looks blue sort of but the underside of the clouds is still beige. At least it has cleared that much, for days there was no difference, the sky just looked a dirty brownish-beige.

Status
Not open for further replies.