The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think people are bored? Lol. In Sioux Falls, a stalk of corn grew from a crack in the concrete on one of the busiest roads in the city. So people named it Cornelia and gave her a social media page. And then she was found uprooted! (Accidentally/naturally or foul play, nobody knows.) So then they made memorials to her. And then somebody put her in a bucket of dirt and revived her! Now they're taking her around to various landmarks in the city and taking pictures, and they say she'll be planted in a permanent location soon. I think maybe the social distancing has made us all crazy. . .

UPDATE: Sioux Falls’ viral curb corn lives again

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think people are bored? Lol. In Sioux Falls, a stalk of corn grew from a crack in the concrete on one of the busiest roads in the city. So people named it Cornelia and gave her a social media page. And then she was found uprooted! (Accidentally/naturally or foul play, nobody knows.) So then they made memorials to her. And then somebody put her in a bucket of dirt and revived her! Now they're taking her around to various landmarks in the city and taking pictures, and they say she'll be planted in a permanent location soon. I think maybe the social distancing has made us all crazy. . .

UPDATE: Sioux Falls’ viral curb corn lives again
That actually sounds awesome to me!! On the way home, I saw an Amish guy walking his cow across the street and it literally warmed my heart about where I live. :lol:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So people named it Cornelia and gave her a social media page. And then she was found uprooted! (Accidentally/naturally or foul play, nobody knows.) So then they made memorials to her. And then somebody put her in a bucket of dirt and revived her! Now they're taking her around to various landmarks in the city and taking pictures, and they say she'll be planted in a permanent location soon.
:spew:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have Hutterites here, not Amish. They live and farm communally and dress Plain, but they use electricity, phones, cars, etc. And they don't drive horses and buggies. They drive church vans to Sam's Club :D. Where they buy a lot of coffee and other things they can't grow themselves. Such as. .
20200718_144810(0).jpg

(I sent this to my brother captioned "who loves orange soda?" :tongue: )

They speak a form of German, don't send their kids to public school, and have heavily accented English. I know several ex-Hutterites, and apparently they all own a share of the farm and get a pretty decent cash-out when they choose to leave, so even if they lose their community they at least can afford their own place. I don't know if Amish do it the same way.

But, sadly, they don't walk their cows anywhere :lol:.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since my mom had the wasps and yellow jackets sprayed outside, it seems that more yellow jackets are getting into the downstairs of the house. Usually a couple a week, an this morning there have been atleast TEN. Trying to figure out how they are getting in, so I can seal up the hole. Wondering if they found a new spot since their nest was sprayed... I hope not. Anybody have any tips for finding where they are coming from??

Already sealed up a couple places and made sure the fireplace is closed, but there has still been a couple coming in. I've also moved the furniture to hopefully see them earlier than when they are at the window.

Just worried the cats will get hurt. I've found one dead on the floor... so not sure if one of the cats killed it and left it or not....

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate the one in the aerosol can! It seems like I can't get enough out of it to scrub anything.
Really?? I get a thick coating. I love the sound it makes when you leave it on for a few minutes. You can almost hear it penetrating the ick. :lol: And with two teen boys, their bathroom is nothing but ick.

The spray bottle did a good job. Must have had something like ammonia in it and makes my eyes water.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really?? I get a thick coating.
Oh man, yes, I hate it. It seems like I have to spray forever to even get a small amount to cover the bottom of the bathtub. I would rather use dish liquid, at least I can get tons of bubbles.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, yes, I hate it. It seems like I have to spray forever to even get a small amount to cover the bottom of the bathtub. I would rather use dish liquid, at least I can get tons of bubbles.
I use Comet for the bottom of the tub. Can't find that in stores either very often. Luckily I have some on hand right now but will get more if I can eventually find some.

Status
Not open for further replies.