The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does that have bubbles though? I gotta have my bubbles or I don't feel I'm getting things clean.
No bubbles with Comet. It is gritty. I agree with you about needing something to feel like it is getting clean. I need smell though. I need the bleach/ chemical smell (just a hint and not over powering). I tried using a mixture of Dawn/vinegar/water to use on the bathroom because I didn't want the kittens to lick the harsher chemical ones. I never felt like I was getting it clean... and I need the bathrooms to look and smell clean!! I just shut the door for a while until everything dries up.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
UGH... Watching 2 seagulls, on a roof, doing a mating dance... ugh... One is a regular light grey and white gull. The Male, is a dark grey gull---unusual coloring around here. I almost thought the grey one was a crow. ugh.... just what we need, more seagulls... and me watching the 'dirty deed"... yikes! On a Sunday Morning...

Ok... dirty deed is done.. they are gone... ugh

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I need to make a Walgreen's run today. Went to flip on the kitchen light and 3 out of 4 bulbs are out in the chandelier over the table. It was only 1 a few days ago. Guess I didn't notice when the 2nd one went but sure did when the 3rd went. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UGH... Watching 2 seagulls, on a roof, doing a mating dance... ugh... One is a regular light grey and white gull. The Male, is a dark grey gull---unusual coloring around here. I almost thought the grey one was a crow. ugh.... just what we need, more seagulls... and me watching the 'dirty deed"... yikes! On a Sunday Morning...

Wow, what an exciting morning!

Another day with over 20 yellow jackets so far found in the house and let outside. After feeding the cats and heading to the living room and finding five within a minute, I knew it was going to be another exciting day... Set up my web cam to film different places along the windows and walls. It's hard because the camera isn't great, so I can only catch the little guys when they have landed and are walking. Everytime I catch one by the window, I rewind the video and see if I can tell where it is coming from and adjust where the web cam is pointing. Not sure how close I am yet, but ruling places out at least. Hoping I can find where they are crawling out of to get inside this room. Wish me luck!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Another day with over 20 yellow jackets so far found in the house and let outside. After feeding the cats and heading to the living room and finding five within a minute, I knew it was going to be another exciting day... Set up my web cam to film different places along the windows and walls. It's hard because the camera isn't great, so I can only catch the little guys when they have landed and are walking. Everytime I catch one by the window, I rewind the video and see if I can tell where it is coming from and adjust where the web cam is pointing. Not sure how close I am yet, but ruling places out at least. Hoping I can find where they are crawling out of to get inside this room. Wish me luck!
Gross.. If it were me, I would not be in that house!!
artiemom said:

Wow, what an exciting morning!

Yup, and they we periodically back during the day!! Jeesh! Female was waiting all day for male~~ How many times do they do the dirty deed? ugh....

Gotta go... lightning outside, heavy wind and rain... we have a sever thunderstorm warning...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They might be coming from the fireplace!!! I taped up a lot of holes, and stuffed packing paper in larger crevices. There were at least 5 more after that, but realized there was a tiny spot I missed or they moved the paper. Shoved more paper in and no more so far, except one flying around in the fireplace that hasn't found a way out yet. We'll see tomorrow morning as they seem to be very active earlier in the day.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more came through, or maybe it was the one that was flying in the fireplace earlier. I was getting my speakers set up, which is to the left/in front of the fireplace, above it, and one flew and landed ON MY SHORTS. Oh geez, haha. Swished it off with an aquarium net I use to move them outdoors, and then caught it in the net and let it leave out the window. I checked and there was a tiny hole again where the paper either shifted or had not been placed properly, so restuffed paper in there. My mom made some home-made playdoh that she said was fine to use to fill up the spaces between the fireplace. I will pull the paper out tomorrow and work the playdoh in. It should harden and work to seal the spaces better.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This morning there was a lady not wearing a mask on on the subway. No one did anything of course. I predicted what stop she was going to get off at judging by her hairstyle and clothing, and I was right, lol. Thankfully it was just a few stops after I got on, but still. *aggressive eye rolling*

They are now mandating masks in public from today (it has been required on transit since May), but I think this is less of an issue in Seoul where probably 95% of people were voluntarily wearing masks already. I know people have said that outside of Seoul hardly anyone has been wearing masks since most regions had like no outbreaks for weeks until this latest one. It's so weird, the government is hovering between stricter lockdown measures and just keeping things at status quo. Like, should we panic or not? I feel like I'm at the right level of concern and yet, so many people are still posting their group dinners, their vacations, etc. I sometimes feel like I'm living in a different reality than most other people, and yet I know there are people who are doing even more than I am to stay inside and away from others. The thing that really got me was when I went to get coffee to-go the place I go to is usually full of gabbing women without masks on (it's right near a big street market) but yesterday everyone was wearing masks while they sat and chatted. It made me pretty happy (but also like oh dang, if they're finally taking it seriously, you know it's bad)

The megachurch that started this outbreak (so far over 800 cases tied to them and another 130 tied to the anti-gov rally they participated in) are now suing the government. They've camped out at their church to prevent the authorities from getting inside and finding info on the rest of the congregation that are refusing to come forward to be tested. It's really lose-lose. If none of them die from Covid, they'll claim God protected them and that they were right all along. If they do die, they'll probably claim it's the government's fault. 🤦‍♀️

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel really bad. There are atleast 2 in the fireplace, and not sure if they know how to get out. Wished I would have thought to put a bowl or water or something in there in case they get thirsty... It will be really sad if many come in, but get stuck because they don't know how to get out again since the pathway into the living room is hopefully closed. Poor little ones... <3

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thunderstorm warning. Noticed an almost constant light dancing outside and checked the weather. Yup, lightening! The thunder is rolling in. No wind yet, but could get some strong winds and hail. Kitties and I have hanging in the bedroom, in case I have to get them in the carriers quickly. Looking at the radar, it may be just about passed.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am seriously wondering if Boone and Gracie's Momma got a little freaky with a dog and these "kittens" are the result. :lol: They act like puppies more than kittens most of the time. I don't remember our other cats a kittens grabbing stuff off counter and ripping them apart. I do remember our Alaskan Malamute puppy doing this though.

This morning when I was getting ready for work, I saw Gracie jump up onto the sink and grab the Dixie Cup my husband uses and take off running. Didn't think much of it as I was almost done and would pick it up on my way to the kitchen when I fed them. Got into the living room and Boone and Gracie each had a Dixie Cup and had shredded it. Gracie must have grabbed the other cup while I wasn't looking and let Boone have it. :rolleyes:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Two very hungry and ragged cats returned. I don't understand with over 10 colonies in a 16 block radius why they don't just eat at one of them like their buddies from the hoarding situation do when they are stuck away from here?

Sopdet is in 7th place on that contest (sorry can't share link due to forum rules but just wanted to update).

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel really bad. There are atleast 2 in the fireplace, and not sure if they know how to get out. Wished I would have thought to put a bowl or water or something in there in case they get thirsty... It will be really sad if many come in, but get stuck because they don't know how to get out again since the pathway into the living room is hopefully closed. Poor little ones... <3
you are so kind :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two very hungry and ragged cats returned. I don't understand with over 10 colonies in a 16 block radius why they don't just eat at one of them like their buddies from the hoarding situation do when they are stuck away from here?

Sopdet is in 7th place on that contest (sorry can't share link due to forum rules but just wanted to update).
they love your food :) too bad you didn't win this money ... but there is always next time :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
about dentistry ... next time they try to impose treatment on me instead of removal in order to make more money from it, I'll just go to court ...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wondering what kids will do this year since they cant trick or treat like normal ?
My kids don’t trick or treat. They usually go to the church that hosts a big community event with bouncy houses and games. They give out popcorn and bags of candy.

So I think we will recreate something at home. Like old fashion carnival games and marshmallows and popcorn over the fire pit. The best part will be not having to sort candy to get rid of peanut stuff. The worst part will be not getting rid of the peanut stuff by eating it. 🙃

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosquito truck out again. I put the food and water inside the tents. Treasure acts like I’m abusing him now. 🙄

I hope he comes back. Looks like Sopdet is gone again. And Treasure left me too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.