The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt

I am so sorry you are so depressed. I didn't know Reno got cold weather. Will you
have to buy a new car? I'm wishing you well and trying to think of ideas for you
to be able to like it there. Please take it one day at a time.💖

susanm9006 susanm9006 OMG, that pic is soo cute, ha!! Baby on mama's head!!

Lari Lari Awww,, I thought you were homesick :hugs: . Only a few more days.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Mia6 -
It's really high desert, where I live is probably at 5,000 feet and the snow on the surrounding mountains which are not that much higher stays almost all year. In the summer on the other hand it gets blazing hot (high 90s a lot) which isn't so bad as the humidity is very low and the wind blows quite a bit of the time. There is skiing on the mountains and Tahoe is only 30 miles away where there are lots of ski runs and in the summer is a great tourist area with that absolutely gorgeous lake, too bad it's very expensive there and I like to be close to a relatively big city and driving over the mountain with snow on the passes during the winter is not something I want to do.
Yes, I will have to buy another car, can't afford a new one and I actually saw a very nice used Subaru Outback, a bit of sun damage on the hood which is common here if you don't have a garage or carport, my son went inside to get the keys for a test drive and there was a man in there just signing the papers where he had bought it, oh rats. That car had been advertised since the beginning of December and even had dropped $400 in price for the last week and I was actually just minutes late to get it. All the other vans/SUVs I saw were way to big and gas guzzlers or had too many miles on them.
So back to looking. Unfortunately I cannot buy a car without my son looking at it first or I will be stuck with a clunker and he is not home a lot and usually does not know until ca 2 days before when he will be home and for how long. In the meantime I have to rely on my DIL to take me around, at least she does not mind although I don't care to be around here much. I will not impose on her more than I absolutely have to.
I am still trying to like it here and perhaps once it gets warm again and I have wheels and can go places I will get to know people it will be better, so I am keeping my mind open but will also not be too disappointed if things do not get much better.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a product by Straight Arrow called hoof repair. If you can find it, you should get some. Just a dab rubbed into your cuticles and your nails will grow long and strong. I had short brittle nails until I started using it.

ETA: Works over time, not overnight.
Do you think it would work with big ridges on the nails? They split wherever there is a ridge and then peel.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think it would work with big ridges on the nails? They split wherever there is a ridge and then peel.
I have some ridges on my nails. I just take an emery board and file the the top (flat part of the nail) and then buff them out. This stuff makes them grow, so the ridges eventually grow out and a flat healthy nail replaces the bad part.
It's like working out. Takes some time to get results, but without this product, my nails would still be nasty bad.

I don't have a before picture, but this is the end result. Unfortunately, they are painted and you can't see the health. But they used to be short, craggy and brittle.

IMG_20200104_184829.jpg

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the US so I am trying to keep my mind on your beautiful fingernails today and as far away from the national and world news as I can possibly manage.
Thank you for the compliment. They would probably look nicer (shaped properly) if there was a manicurist up here and I were to actually go to one.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 Your nails are beautiful! Maybe you can plan an outing to the closest town with a salon, have a nice lunch and get a manicure. Then just keep doing what you're doing. I love having them but cannot afford them often.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Your nails look beautiful as well, fancy!!

segelkatt segelkatt I think once you get another vehicle you'll feel better. You can get around see whats there. You could even pack a lunch and go to Lake Tahoe once it gets warmer. Hang in.

So the little bit of snow we had is gone, now it's just brown. Wish we'd get more but not enough to cause problems on the roads.

So, I've only seen 2 Star Wars movies. How did Yoda become a baby again?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've only seen 2 Star Wars movies. How did Yoda become a baby again?
It's from the Disney+ show the Mandolorian (I haven't seen the last episode yet - no spoilers) and it's not actually Yoda, just a character of the same species, but since no one knows what his species is called, the character just got called baby Yoda over the internet.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's from the Disney+ show the Mandolorian (I haven't seen the last episode yet - no spoilers) and it's not actually Yoda, just a character of the same species, but since no one knows what his species is called, the character just got called baby Yoda over the internet.
Brilliant idea. I wonder if there is a plush toy I could get for Cal.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Lari. Excited to becoming home soon?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Travels going well. Almost no traffic for a change!

When I arrived and started planning all my trips, the DMV website now says that they are closed on Mondays...??? :crackup:So I'll need to go Tuesday morning and then leave and will probably hit traffic heading out. Have to get back on Wednesday, since the cat sitter is only there through Wednesday morning, so I have to make it work! haha

My laptop screen has had the edges popping off, so I was planning to pick up my old desktop computer while at my mum's for when my laptop became unusable. Well.... when I took the laptop out at my mum's.... the screen is now broken and unusable, haha. Had to hook my laptop up to the tv and get my school and resume/CV files onto a flashdrive so they are safe now. Welp, at least mydesktop is still working, so I don't have to buy a new computer! (Knock on wood...).

I've been in a fairly relaxed mood, so luckily finding things funny/ironic.

Had a nice time at my Aunt's, who let me stay at her house overnight and fed me. My other aunt also joined. She lives a little more than half way between school and my mum's.

My mum and I are actually getting along, mainly because I'm in a decent mood and not taking things so personally and finding things more amusing than having them bother me. I just find it hilarious that my mom is still worried I failed classes this semester. After mentioning I added on a couple more classes for 16 credits at the beginning of the semester, she exclaimed. "Won't that be too much for you?? That's a lot of credits." I rolled my eyes in my head because the same thing happened at my last semester at community college when I added on a late start statistics class for 17 total credits because I was awarded a full scholarship for my last semester, so why not add a class that was needed at my transfer school since it would be paid for?

My brother's wife started it by exclaiming how statistics was so hard for her and she had so much homework. Everyone agreed and no one acknowledged all the amazing things I had just shared, like the scholarship and that I left my retail job to start volunteering to gain experience in my field to better my chances of getting paid summer work.

So when I talked to my mum on the phone a couple weeks ago, she was asking about graduation and if I was still on track to graduate (like she was nervous I failed too many classes and would need another semester :flail: ). I'm still deciding if I want my families presence at graduation, so I kind of avoided the question. Now at home, my mum was asking about my semester at the same time I looked in the freezer and saw ice cream. I made a face, and my mom thought my facial expression was in regard to not doing well in the semester despite saying it went well. She's killing me with these responses,but I found it amusing instead of getting annoyed and just went to another topic. I don't need to prove to her I'm capable because it's not going to change anything. When I went back to school a few years ago, I've earned all A's at my community college, and have only had 2 B's in the 3 semesters at my four year school, the rest A's. (Even with taking 2-3 classes a semester of a harder teachers classes, while other straight A students say they only will take one of his classes a semester because they are so hard.) So despite my track record, she still has in her head reservations about my capabilities, but that is on her. I honestly believe she may be projecting because she has insecurities about herself and not being great at school. Don't put that on me though!

Things are overall going well though. Will be starting a new job once returning to school. I was offered that job that asked me what the minimum wage I'd work at was and was able to match it, and am really excited to start! Cannot wait to show them what I'm made of and show that I'm worth the price! <3

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
In no particular order...

Dentists for hubby
RV for mom
Vet visits & CRF
Home improvements
"Spring" cleaning
Video projects
Estate issues
Neighbors moving
Friends in Hospitals
Antique restorations
Pile o' paperwork (at least 4 years worth)
Finances
Personal health & fitness
Moving dreams

Safe to say, there's a lot on my mind. :runaround:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My first class wasn't so bad. I still don't want to be here though. Just so tired of school.

I've been sleeping about 14 - 16 hours every day because of it (over the break). That cannot be normal.

On top of that, I'm always stressed now. It has weakened my immune system for sure. First semester, I got severely sick 3 times in the span of weeks. That cannot be normal either.

But I'm only venting... *sigh*

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some ridges on my nails. I just take an emery board and file the the top (flat part of the nail) and then buff them out. This stuff makes them grow, so the ridges eventually grow out and a flat healthy nail replaces the bad part.
It's like working out. Takes some time to get results, but without this product, my nails would still be nasty bad.

I don't have a before picture, but this is the end result. Unfortunately, they are painted and you can't see the health. But they used to be short, craggy and brittle.

View attachment 316248
The ridges I have are really bad, I even have them on my toe nails although those are not exposed like my finger nails.If I tried to file the ridges down to where they are flat I would expose the nail bed as the nails are also thin. They did not used to be this bad abut as I get older the ridges get worse and the nails get thinner. My nails are constantly so short that they look as if I chewed them. This really bothers me as I like to wear lots of rings and this just makes them more obvious.
I have ordered the stuff from Amazon that is supposed to be not only for horses but also for people and I will try this and hope that after a few months I will see a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.