The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My phone just died or maybe not. I had it here on my desk after talking to my son. I then picked it up to turn it on and the screen stayed black, just nothing. I thought maybe it was out of juice so plugged it in but nothing happened. Checked to make sure I did not accidentally turned it off but still nothing. Now what? Anyone? This is an old I-phone 4 but it had just been working and I am really lost without one as I do not have a landline.
First my car breaks down beyond repair, now this, for the last 2 hours I did not have internet I don't know why, then it just came on again, my grandson hooked up a ROKU stick but it turns out I don't like it, my old cat Capucchino has decided to pee on the floor but use the LitterRobot for her poops, I am freezing here in Reno, NV, I don't like it at all with drivers being rude, people unfriendly, my DIL being in worse physical shape than I had been led to believe (she will need MY help instead of it being the other way around down the line) and wish I had never left SoCal, so I am depressed all the way around. Can't move again as I don't have the funds and I am locked into a 1 year lease. WHINE!:mad::cloudy::cold::cold::cold:

Hi!

Try holding your home button and sleep/wake button at the same time to get it to reset. You should see the apple logo come back on if this works for you.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Ok it's working again and I still don't know what had happened. I kept looking at the Apple site and it said to push and hold the side or top button at the same time as the home button until the apple logo came on which it did after quite a while. Nothing wrong with the battery which was over half charged. But I sure panicked with not being able to contact the outside world but by comp, we sure are relying on our phones.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sitting here with my girl draped over my head. She has never sat in my lap but my head is her spot when she needs comfort. She Has had a rough few days in hiding while the bathroom installer has been here so I will let her lay on me a while longer. Here is a picture I took a couple of months ago. Fortunately I don’t usually get a tail in my face.
40B3A697-CDE8-40C7-8ED9-449DBD2A7EDE.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you to all who responded to my SOS for Miss Kitty. She JUST went to the Bridge. I've been texting and calling with HelloMisKitty all afternoon as the doctors tried so hard to save her. Now I need to ask for more beemz and thoughts and hugs across the miles for HelloMissKitty, who is devastated. I doubt I'll sleep much tonight, as I've told her that she can call me ANY TIME tonight that she needs to. But I'll be back tomorrow..

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m very worried about my son. He’s on the autistic spectrum and bi polar. His mania has lasted months this time and it has psychotic features. He’s 27 and on his own (finally). We have blocked him from our phone because of his behavior with us and it’s heartbreaking to us. My husband has multiple myeloma cancer, kidney failure and heart issues and we have to concentrate on us right now but it’s the hardest thing we’ve ever done. Being a parent is the hardest job one can imagine. This has preoccupied my mind and I feel like getting the kittens has been a very therapeutic thing for us. My husband, who has never been fond of cats (and I basically gave him an ultimatum, you want me, then you will have my cats) also loves Jemima and Lucca! A miracle and a calming presence for him now. I’m grateful for this because he needs these kittens too...thanks for listening

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, I think I'm PMSing, but it is super annoying when tour guides who have been talking non stop for like an hour while you're on a bus are like "I've been talking a lot. I'll let you guys have a rest from my voice for a bit." and are quiet approximately 30 seconds before they start talking again. And they all do it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The press ons have allowed my natural nails to grow. But now they don't fit and I don't know how to protect them. I couldn't find a gel polish or silk wraps at Walmart or Sally's Beauty. Leaving them bare makes me nervous because I'm accident prone. Any suggestions? Lari Lari , your nails were beautiful for your wedding. How did you get them to grow so long? I was thinking about purchasing nail wraps.
15781822656971973948992452146944.jpg

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The press ons have allowed my natural nails to grow. But now they don't fit and I don't know how to protect them. I couldn't find a gel polish or silk wraps at Walmart or Sally's Beauty. Leaving them bare makes me nervous because I'm accident prone. Any suggestions? Lari Lari , your nails were beautiful for your wedding. How did you get them to grow so long? I was thinking about purchasing nail wraps.View attachment 316122
There is a product by Straight Arrow called hoof repair. If you can find it, you should get some. Just a dab rubbed into your cuticles and your nails will grow long and strong. I had short brittle nails until I started using it.

ETA: Works over time, not overnight.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I feel like it's because I don't normally paint my nails. When I was like 12 or 13 I was experimenting with nail polish and my nails always seemed to break. And then when I stopped, they weren't as soft and grew. So it might just have to do with genetics in my case, sorry!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I feel like it's because I don't normally paint my nails. When I was like 12 or 13 I was experimenting with nail polish and my nails always seemed to break. And then when I stopped, they weren't as soft and grew. So it might just have to do with genetics in my case, sorry!
I am the only one in my family that has strong/long nails. It's because of the hoof repair.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had a family get together today and Teddy was a chicken little the entire time. The last time we had family over he did fine. But now he acts like he's gonna get eaten and runs to the safety of under my bed every time someone moves or makes a sound. He knows my brother and his family and has never had a bad experience with them so why he's now scared of them is beyond me, but if he wants to be a shy boy when people come over then that's okay with me. But they're spending the night so he's gonna have to get used to them.

Got them a new fountain because their other one just randomly decided to stop working after two-three months. I got the Catit stainless steel one this time and I like it so far. It has an actual bowl design to the top, and it fills up like one instead of all the water immediately draining through the holes. It gives them more to drink. I also like that I can remove the pump entirely unlike the last one so I can replace it if it too decides to pitter out. Though I do miss all the fancy tech the other one had.

Status
Not open for further replies.