The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really great! Looks like things are looking good for you either way.

_._._._._._._

Does anyone here suffer from sleep paralysis? I think I might have it.
Thanks! <3

I've had it happen once, or what I think sleep paralysis would be (not diagnosed). I woke up from a nightmare and felt like someone was sitting on my chest and I couldn't/hardly breathe nor move my body for a few seconds. It was terrifying!

What was it like for you?

disgusting at heart after talking with some people :(
People suck sometimes. Sorry you've had to experience that. What was the situation, if you wanted to expand on it?

Those are adorable!!!! Love the house cats! Did you create those??
I'm going to an urgent care this morning. The pain is back to throbbing :bawling2:
Please do <3 Keep us updated when you are available, too. Sending positive and healing vibes!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
most likely, this is a blockage in the system: (we have electric boilers for heating and heating water, it is a little more expensive, but we consider gas dangerous :(
Yeah, there is a blockage in the system, MY system, ha!! I hadn't paid the bill last month and received a disconnect notice.
I also received a letter from HEAP, the winter heating assistance program. They allocated funds for my heating bill but
haven't yet applied it to my account. They allocated over $140.00 more than I owe. feel badly for calling my landlord and sister
that early but they did give me space heater; I am going to call whomever allocates the funds to East Dominion and ask
why it's taking so long.

Ron's wife spent 3 weeks in Southern China to visit family, Her company made her self quarantine for 3.5 weeks.
Ron and June are also from China but will not allow their parents to go to church or eat in any Asian restaurants.
June said the church has a lot of pot-luck meals. I feel they are taking things a bit too far but I didn't say so.

So not sure when gas is being turned back on, they have up to 5:00pm.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie - I only have these "sleep paralysis" episodes when I fall asleep on my back. Not every single time but if I fall asleep on my back or turn onto my back in the middle of the night, it's more likely to occur.

They always include a dark figure with a strong vibration (if you know anything about spirit vibrations). It feels like I'm dreaming but I also feel like I'm awake at the same time. I can never move and sometimes I can speak very little but that is rare. They sit on my bed or move my body or show me visions. Then, I wake up.

One time when it happened, I was pinned down to my bed (that's what it felt like). This old lady was screaming in my face. But she was all black from head to toe. And missing some teeth too I think. If I remember correctly, her breath was pretty rancid. See, the thing is, I've had experiences and run ins with ghost so it's hard for me to say, "Yes, this is sleep paralysis." Because not all of my "symptoms" always line up with that which is common to those who suffer from the disorder.

All in all, they are freaking and I hate them.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Wound up going to the ER instead. I do have a kidney stone, but luckily it's on the small side and should pass easily.

Now I'm in IHOP because my appetite is finally back and I'm starving :drool:
So glad you went!! DId they give you anything for pain?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there is a blockage in the system, MY system, ha!! I hadn't paid the bill last month and received a disconnect notice.
I also received a letter from HEAP, the winter heating assistance program. They allocated funds for my heating bill but
haven't yet applied it to my account. They allocated over $140.00 more than I owe. I feel badly for calling my landlord
and sister that early but they did give me space heater; I am going to call whomever allocates the funds to East Dominion
and ask why it's taking so long.

Ron's wife spent 3 weeks in Southern China to visit family, Her company made her self quarantine for 3.5 weeks.
Ron and June are also from China and will not allow their parents to go to church or eat in any Asian restaurants.
June said the church has a lot of pot-luck meals. I feel they are taking things a bit too far but I didn't say so.

So not sure when gas is being turned back on, they have up to 5:00pm.
My gas was turned back on within an hour of me paying the bill via phone. The rep also took down
the info that I have a $478.00 credit being applied to my account. This shouldn't have happened.
They are not permitted to shut off services from Oct 15 through April 15. I think perhaps they got
my apartment confused with my ex-neighbors who moved out on Sunday. The rep was very pleasant
and made certain my service would be turned back on ASAP. I'm trying to get a hold of the Comptroller
for the State of Ohio to ask when funds will be applied to my account.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie - I only have these "sleep paralysis" episodes when I fall asleep on my back. Not every single time but if I fall asleep on my back or turn onto my back in the middle of the night, it's more likely to occur.

They always include a dark figure with a strong vibration (if you know anything about spirit vibrations). It feels like I'm dreaming but I also feel like I'm awake at the same time. I can never move and sometimes I can speak very little but that is rare. They sit on my bed or move my body or show me visions. Then, I wake up.

One time when it happened, I was pinned down to my bed (that's what it felt like). This old lady was screaming in my face. But she was all black from head to toe. And missing some teeth too I think. If I remember correctly, her breath was pretty rancid. See, the thing is, I've had experiences and run ins with ghost so it's hard for me to say, "Yes, this is sleep paralysis." Because not all of my "symptoms" always line up with that which is common to those who suffer from the disorder.

Wow, that sounds scary! I don't have any personal experience with ghosts, but one of my buddies last year at school experiences them. She told me one day that she would have overslept meeting me at our scheduled time, but luckily someone (ghost/spirit) knocked on her window of her dorm and it woke her up.... She was on the fourth floor... It surprised me a little as she never mentioned anything along these lines, but I tried not to show my surprise and just said, thank goodness you heard the knock, and smiled at her.

How often does this type of sleep paralysis happen? Do you think ghosts have something they are trying to tell you or some unresolved business that is causing them to react this way?

Fed is dropping rates. I don't need lower rates. They are lower already. Just need housing prices to go down.
:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

have your eye on anything you are hoping prices drop on? Or a special area you are looking at? You mentioned previously you'd love to be closer to a larger town with more amenities. Anything special you are hoping for in your next area you move to?

My gas was turned back on within an hour of me paying the bill via phone. The rep also took down
the info that I have a $478.00 credit being applied to my account. This shouldn't have happened.
They are not permitted to shut off services from Oct 15 through April 15. I think perhaps they got
my apartment confused with my ex-neighbors who moved out on Sunday. The rep was very pleasant
and made certain my service would be turned back on ASAP. I'm trying to get a hold of the Comptroller
for the State of Ohio to ask when funds will be applied to my account.
Thank goodness! Glad they resolved the issue swiftly.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that sounds scary! I don't have any personal experience with ghosts, but one of my buddies last year at school experiences them. She told me one day that she would have overslept meeting me at our scheduled time, but luckily someone (ghost/spirit) knocked on her window of her dorm and it woke her up.... She was on the fourth floor... It surprised me a little as she never mentioned anything along these lines, but I tried not to show my surprise and just said, thank goodness you heard the knock, and smiled at her.

How often does this type of sleep paralysis happen? Do you think ghosts have something they are trying to tell you or some unresolved business that is causing them to react this way?

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

have your eye on anything you are hoping prices drop on? Or a special area you are looking at? You mentioned previously you'd love to be closer to a larger town with more amenities. Anything special you are hoping for in your next area you move to?

Thank goodness! Glad they resolved the issue swiftly.
Well like a lot of millennials I've been waiting for my chance at a recession lol. Nothing specific right now.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I put up a squirrel feeder the other day but so far they haven’t found it. I’m trying to make a little visible trail to lead them over to it. One squirrel was just sitting peacefully on my back steps looking out into the yard today. I’ve never seen one so calm like that. I hope they find the feeder soon. I didn’t want to put it in the same tree as my bluebird house. That already has visitors too.
Trust me; they’ll find it 😆👍🏼

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
When do you think a child is old enough for the top bunk?
Aislyn currently has her own room but has known from the start that she will end up sharing it with Aedan. She asked for bunk beds. We thought it was a great idea. Aedan has been cosleeping with us - long story but he gave me no choice. He wouldn't let us lay him down at all and I needed sleep. We want to transition him to the bottom bunk and put Aislyn on the top. When we assemble the bottom one, we will put on a rail and a ladder. My MIL and Aunt in Law are griping and saying she's too young for a top bunk. I don't think so. She never falls out of bed. And we don't have much choice. There's no room for 2 beds with all their toys. And we have another baby coming in June who will sleep in our room - hopefully please God in her crib. Do you think 7 is too young for a top bunk?
I was 3 when my mom got bunk beds because we lived in a two bedroom apartment. My daughter was 4 when my husband built her a custom bed from plans I drew. If your child doesn’t fall out of bed, and feels comfortable about it, I’d say go for it!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhh I've been missing out on sleep paralysis talk. I don't get it very often, probably once or twice a year. I don't see any shadowy figures or anything because I don't believe in that kind of stuff, but I do feel the panic. My big thing with it is that there's a loud buzzing in my ears when it happens. It sounds like a bunch of cicada took up residence in my ear canals. The worst is when I can bring myself out of it, but then fall asleep and go right back in. Sometimes it even layers, like, I think i've woken up, but then the buzzing starts and I can't move again!

my sleep problems now involve sudden twitching when I'm drifting off. It's the worst when I'm half asleep on the subway...I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally kick someone

--
On my mind today is the fact that I messaged a local drummer to see if I could get lessons from him. He advertised them yesterday but being that I'm a foreign girl, and that I'm somewhat acquainted with others in the local scene, and also a complete newbie...I'm nervous he'll A) mention it to the people we know who are his friends and who I want to eventually be cool with, and they'll think I'm creepy or B) he'll turn me down because I'm a foreigner and honestly it would require more effort for him even though I understand mediocre Korean. Also there is option C) in which he doesn't respond to my inquiry at all and I have to just play it off the next time I see one of his bands play XD

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! <3

I've had it happen once, or what I think sleep paralysis would be (not diagnosed). I woke up from a nightmare and felt like someone was sitting on my chest and I couldn't/hardly breathe nor move my body for a few seconds. It was terrifying!

What was it like for you?

People suck sometimes. Sorry you've had to experience that. What was the situation, if you wanted to expand on it?

Those are adorable!!!! Love the house cats! Did you create those??

Please do <3 Keep us updated when you are available, too. Sending positive and healing vibes!!
our friend draws these cats :) we can only dream of such a talent :(
as for disgusting people... we can’t look through your fingers at some actions and give endless chances :( do you have this? :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

you have a gift :) maybe you should try special devices that do not allow you to sleep on your back :) or start learning how to manage your gift :)

Status
Not open for further replies.