The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind? A possible kidney stone :bawling2:
Oh, I had one last year and so painful! Two things that helped me with the pain. First was drinking a lot of water and the second was lying flat on my back the entire day. My doctor said later that lying flat increases your urine flow which in turn may help the stone move faster. Mine always end with a feeling like a I am about to give birth, strong pressure in the pelvic area which is the stone passing from the ureture to the bladder. At that point you would feel much better.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching Love Is Blind on Netflix and I didn't know a TV show (in which I do not personally know the participant and am not there physically with them) could give me so much anxiety. I told my best friend that it's basically if every Disney princess movie had a baby with The Bachelor/ette.

I'd binge this if I had started watching it earlier in then break but I got work to do unfortunately.

I just find it fascinating watching humans interact with each other in this way. If we wanna get technical here, the psychology of this show's premise basically. It's meant to be an "experiment" in which a set number of males and females talk to each other to determine if they should marry without actually seeing each other. It is only when one of them proposes are they allowed to see each other. They have 40 days to get married I think? Yikes. No phones are allowed, just talking with a wall between them.
Watched the finale last night. Oh my, so much drama!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching Love Is Blind on Netflix and I didn't know a TV show (in which I do not personally know the participant and am not there physically with them) could give me so much anxiety. I told my best friend that it's basically if every Disney princess movie had a baby with The Bachelor/ette.

I'd binge this if I had started watching it earlier in then break but I got work to do unfortunately.

I just find it fascinating watching humans interact with each other in this way. If we wanna get technical here, the psychology of this show's premise basically. It's meant to be an "experiment" in which a set number of males and females talk to each other to determine if they should marry without actually seeing each other. It is only when one of them proposes are they allowed to see each other. They have 40 days to get married I think? Yikes. No phones are allowed, just talking with a wall between them.
Sounds a little like Married at First Sight.
But in that one, they don't even get to see or talk to each other until the wedding.
No thanks. I don't even want to marry people I know. (maybe that's why).

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
“No thanks. I don't even want to marry people I know. (maybe that's why).”
kashmir64 kashmir64 , ROFL, been there, did that. Definitely sometimes the more you know about them the less you want to marry them. I describe my last relationship like this:

The beginning. The sweetest, most sensitive man alive
Early on. Okay, just a tad neurotic but adorable.
Mid. Has issues, good he sees a therapist
Late mid. Does he never shut up about himself
Near end. Just bleeping crazy

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I had one last year and so painful! Two things that helped me with the pain. First was drinking a lot of water and the second was lying flat on my back the entire day. My doctor said later that lying flat increases your urine flow which in turn may help the stone move faster. Mine always end with a feeling like a I am about to give birth, strong pressure in the pelvic area which is the stone passing from the ureture to the bladder. At that point you would feel much better.
How long did it take? The pain is unbearable.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So no more dry food during the day. I've put my foot down because Teddy is now a 6 on the body condition chart, so he's a bit over the ideal weight. Finny is most likely the same. The vet didn't seem concerned over his weight, however. You can still feel his ribs with light pressure, he's just a bit chunkier than preferred, I guess lol

Teddy caught and killed another mouse last night. This poor critter looked like it had been through a rough night based on the multiple wounds. Teddy doesn't bring mice to us, he kinda just leaves them dead somewhere for us to find lol today the "gift" was at the bottom of our basement stairs.

I was wondering why he didn't want to come to bed last night, and also he slept way longer than normal this morning. He had a busy night lol

Giving him his antibiotics has been a pain. He knows it's in everything we try hiding it in. Last night we had to dissolve it in water and syringe it down him. We've already wasted way too many tablets just trying to figure out a less stressful way of administering them. Gonna try asking the vet if there's anything else we can give him that's less bitter and doesn't have such a strong scent to it. We've done everything. Hid it in raw, hid it in canned, hid it in fish oil, and even sardine juice. We've tried crushing it into powder and dissolving it in water so the texture is gone. There's just way too much powder once ground to hide. His pred is easy, it's tiny and doesn't have a strong taste/smell. This is a new antibiotic due to the severity of his infection. Huge tablets we have to cut in half. At least his pred is easy so his legs will get some relief.

If I have to syringe it down him once a day, then I will. But I hope there's another option.

On the bright side, I have eliminated most of the food they didn't seem to do well on and replaced it with the food they seem to do better on. They enjoy Dr. Elsey's Turkey/rabbit and Whitefish flavor well enough. I've tried avoiding fish but until I can find other brands we both like I'll take what I can get. I also add raw as much as I can (usually rabbit). So far they seem totally fine eating foods with Agar Agar. Their litter box sure smells way better. It could be a mix of eating food that agrees with them more and the deodorizer I have. Either way I'm glad I can no longer smell it from down the hall lol

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an inspection on Wednesday, which means I'm going to be spending my days cleaning and organizing. I'm trying to think of it as Spring Cleaning. See y'all when it is all over with!
Good luck! Bet it's going to feel so good when extra clean. Atleast that is how it normally feels for me.

😳 Oh my no. You may not make it! 🤪 30 minutes felt long when I was in labor with my DD. With DS I didn’t know I was in labor so technically I drove myself. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😆 I was having an ultrasound done and the lady was like “Umm... you’re contracting. Can you feel it?” My doctor had her walk me upstairs. Then I started feeling it. 😏
Have you ever seen the show, I didn't know I was Pregnant? Kinda reminds me of that, but you knew you were pregnant.

Holy cow! I could see how that would give you anxiety. How can someone really know someone in such a short time? Has there been any couples that proposed, but you were screaming inside that it felt wrong?

Reality shows in general are too intense or fake for me. I do watch competition shows, like Project Runway and RuPaul's Drag Race, but never was into dating shows or other reality tv. Sometimes there is a lot of unnecessary or made up drama that just tenses me up. I used to watch Dance Moms because I love dancing and the girls were so talented, but the show seemed to have drama just to have drama. Do you have any favorite reality shows? What draws you to them?

Recently, Project Runway has changed the past couple of seasons and they show more of the support and friendship between the competitors, instead of drama. It has been really heartwarming to see, and I really enjoy the change!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow! I could see how that would give you anxiety. How can someone really know someone in such a short time? Has there been any couples that proposed, but you were screaming inside that it felt wrong?

Reality shows in general are too intense or fake for me. I do watch competition shows, like Project Runway and RuPaul's Drag Race, but never was into dating shows or other reality tv. Sometimes there is a lot of unnecessary or made up drama that just tenses me up. I used to watch Dance Moms because I love dancing and the girls were so talented, but the show seemed to have drama just to have drama. Do you have any favorite reality shows? What draws you to them?

Recently, Project Runway has changed the past couple of seasons and they show more of the support and friendship between the competitors, instead of drama. It has been really heartwarming to see, and I really enjoy the change!
Honestly, all of them are giving me that screaming inside feeling. I just cannot imagine myself doing something like this so it's hard for me to empathize with these people. I know they can't show us all of their moments together but I really do wonder how much time exactly they had in each day to talk to each other.

I usually watch these random shows with my best friend but this one, I ventured into by myself. I don't normally watch them and I usually only watch them to pass the time. What draws me to them is the overall craziness of the shows dynamic. The crazier, the more my brain latches on to it.

I haven't seen Project Runway, gotta take a look at it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How long did it take? The pain is unbearable.
Mine was about four days from pain to passing it. But it can sometimes take weeks. Don’t wait, see someone at an ER or urgent care if you haven’t already. The stones
can get stuck and block the flow of urine which is a medical emergency.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's on my mind? A possible kidney stone :bawling2:
Oh no! I've had them several times - back when I was living in the desert with my ex-husband. I haven't gotten any since I've left, thank God. Worse than labor!!! I would definitely go to the ER. At the very least, they'll give you some good pain pills to get you through it. One of mine was big enough that it wasn't passing and I had to have sonic lithotrypsy to break it up. They called it "surgery," but they didn't cut it into me. A nurse came with a mask and said, "Breathe, it's oxygen." The next thing I knew, I was waking up with no sense of time passing, asking how much longer until they did the procedure. I was told it was already done. Major mind trip.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Okay, I have a little story to tell. I can tell it now, because it has been determined that no legal action will be taken against my family. Let me explain.

My foster brother (FB) had a falling out with his girlfriend up in another state, got into some hardcore drugs, got into and out of trouble, and ended up staying here for about a week. One day he showed up with the most adorable little black kitten. (This kitten was smaller than my cats were when they were newborns!) He said he got her from the animal shelter and she had been slated for euthanasia because she'd been there too long and her name was Momo. Then he looked at me and said the magic words, "She has nowhere else to go."

Well, we couldn't kick her out after that. We isolated her in my room so that the cats' could slowly get used to each other. It did not help. Ra and Spot kept going up to the door of my room and hissing. Princess kept hiding on top of the bookcase and at the top of Mom's closet. And Asia refused to come inside. At all. The weather started changing and getting bad and we were physically bringing Asia in (our cats are indoor/outdoor). She'd hiss and press herself against the back door, ears flat against her head, refusing to move from that spot until the door opened and she could escape again. I found out that, during this period that I was trying to slowly introduce the cats to one another, my foster brother was opening the door of my room and bringing the kitten out. And the kitten positively terrified the older cats (they're four as of this year).

We couldn't keep the kitten. We wanted to; she was such a sweet and happy little thing--but the older cats were not getting used to her at all (and we kept her for two months to try and make it work). Well, warned that the animal shelter was a kill shelter by Foster Brother, we took her to the ASPCA which is a no-kill shelter. That we knew was a no kill shelter.

Here's where it gets bad. The kitten was microchipped. Of course she was; it's standard practice for shelters to do that to animals that are being adopted out and we thought nothing of it when they first notified us of it. But that's not all. She wasn't just microchipped, she was registered to Lost Pets Found, a website for people to post pictures and identifying info of their pets (a local site, only for our county). Turns out that the people that Momo (and that was her real name) belonged to had had their house broken into. There had been petty vandalism (not sure what happened; that's just what the report said) and the only thing missing was the six week-old kitten.

These poor people had been looking for their kitten for two whole months, thinking the worst! I couldn't believe it. And what did Foster Brother have to say for himself? Nothing, because he'd gone back up to the other state while we were still trying to integrate the cats.

Sorry for sharing such a horrible story. I just needed to vent.
welcome back, tally, have not seen you in a long time, how is the book going?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 - Cameron and Lauren were my favourite couple from the entire show.

Hard to explain but I love them individually and even more together.

Kind of weird having family and friends there only to say "no, I will not marry you" though.

And I felt bad when Giannina fell and ruined her dress. Also, her mother running after her to look for her and crying.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 - Cameron and Lauren were my favourite couple from the entire show.

Hard to explain but I love them individually and even more together.

Kind of weird having family and friends there only to say "no, I will not marry you" though.

And I felt bad when Giannina fell and ruined her dress. Also, her mother running after her to look for her and crying.
I assume showing up at the altar was part of their contract, as was not telling their partner the choice they would be making. Good for suspenseful TV but a horrible thing to do to people.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother is coming here tomorrow from NYC to bring my mom a car. I hope he doesn't bring the coronavirus with him! I heard on the news there was one case just discovered there. How much danger am I in? Should I get a face mask? :eek2:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother is coming here tomorrow from NYC to bring my mom a car. I hope he doesn't bring the coronavirus with him! I heard on the news there was one case just discovered there. How much danger am I in? Should I get a face mask? :eek2:
Nice brother. I wouldnt worry about the virus. The possibility he would be carrying it is so so tiny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.