The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My tooth comes out today. Will have to eat an early dinner before going as I get sick to my stomach otherwise. Ugh. Taking my clove oil, binaural beats music (Sound Healing) and one tiny baby aspirin as that's all I can take medically for my 30 minute drive home. My neighbor's brother will check in on my Mom periodically during that time. Finally I can put that behind me and then schedule an appointment to get the implants needed for my upper dentures. Mom still not feeling well, cats are nervous and scared when looking up at the window to her tv room. Not sure what is going on with that.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New boss at work. He's been in his office since he came in at 7am. I've heard he is a micro-manager and a "my way or the highway" type of boss. Two characteristics that won't go over well in this office. Our last boss was easy going and would take suggestions from us often.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the tooth couldn't come out. Too infected so he put me on antibiotics and the tooth broke even more since Friday and he can't get to the back lower tooth so now I have to find an oral surgeon. Ugh I can't even get a normal bad tooth

At least Treasure and Sopdet were happy to see me when I came home and Treasure didn't pull his disappearing act to 3 blocks away like usual.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he can't get to the back lower tooth so now I have to find an oral surgeon
Why couldn't he pull it? Does it have to be a special sort of dentist? The one that pulled mine was the dentist who does root canals. I forget what she is called. She was very good and got my infected tooth out very quickly.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up about 45 minutes before my alarm would go off and realized I was laying on the opposite side of the bed from my alarm with one kitten asleep on my head and the other sprawled out between me and my alarm. I had to sit up a little and pull the covers over to move Boone and then pull the pillow over a little to move Gracie so I was in arm's reach of my alarm. After all that, I didn't go back to sleep really.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Still haven't heard back about the x-ray for Persia. It has been a week. I called today and the person answering the phones said the vet would call me later. They didn't, and the vet is now closed.
I think you need to find another veterinarian ... this person neglects his patients ... what if your cat was seriously ill and the delay caused her irreparable harm? ...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering why Treasure always has to pull his "stunts" when I'm locking up for the night, going somewhere or have to talk to a doctor. I don't have time for this with him today. I need to change the scrip to my antibiotics as I looked at notes and what he gave me will trigger my reflux to the point of a trip to ER, but now he's closed and it takes MY pharmacy 24 hours to fill. Ugh

And I know he's ok because he was just here an hour ago yowling for food which I was not about to get up wake up my mother to turn off burglar alarm to feed him. He forgets I have cams to watch his every move

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you need to find another veterinarian ... this person neglects his patients ... what if your cat was seriously ill and the delay caused her irreparable harm? ...
Agreed. Even though they got me in right away, maybe that should have been a red flag as most of the other places recommended either never got back to me or cannot take new clients until months out. I set their yearly exams and vaccinations with a different highly recommended vet, and reviews say they are affordable and will work with you, and that is mid October. The only reason why I had to choose someone else for Persia was they could not see her until October when I called last week.

I'm about ready to ask for the radiologist charge back and have them send me the x-ray, so I can find someone who can read it fast. There is no excuse for this. And yes, she can get permanent scarring due to untreated inflammation. My previous vet believes this happened with Isabelle as there was a delay getting her on proper medication that worked for her. I'm tempted to start her on medication for what Isabelle is on for her asthma, but I know it is not recommended to start medicine without medical approval. I did ask them in the message I sent on Saturday during off hours if they want to start medication just in case until we hear back about the x-ray, but no response and I forgot to bring it up when I called. Although, I'm assuming I'd just get the answer to wait for the vet to call me.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Agreed. Even though they got me in right away, maybe that should have been a red flag as most of the other places recommended either never got back to me or cannot take new clients until months out. I set their yearly exams and vaccinations with a different highly recommended vet, and reviews say they are affordable and will work with you, and that is mid October. The only reason why I had to choose someone else for Persia was they could not see her until October when I called last week.

I'm about ready to ask for the radiologist charge back and have them send me the x-ray, so I can find someone who can read it fast. There is no excuse for this. And yes, she can get permanent scarring due to untreated inflammation. My previous vet believes this happened with Isabelle as there was a delay getting her on proper medication that worked for her. I'm tempted to start her on medication for what Isabelle is on for her asthma, but I know it is not recommended to start medicine without medical approval. I did ask them in the message I sent on Saturday during off hours if they want to start medication just in case until we hear back about the x-ray, but no response and I forgot to bring it up when I called. Although, I'm assuming I'd just get the answer to wait for the vet to call me.
is there any other veterinarian available nearby? ...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is there any other veterinarian available nearby? ...
Yup. There are many. I'm in a pretty populated area and there are lots of vets. I asked my town page for recommendations of affordable, but good vets. There were 5 I contacted. One couldn't take me until Oct. (my first choice), others only had messaging contact on their website that I saw and did not contact me, another was able to get me in, which is the one I went to.

So there are lots of vets to go to, but I need an affordable place that has good vets and service. I was hoping if people referred specific vets and places I'd find a good one, but not so great so far...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend offered to call and be very forward and stern that I was waiting too long, and they said the vet would call me in a couple of hours. The vet did call, and confirmed Persia does have asthma. She is starting on medicine, and in a week the vet will follow up and talk with me more. He said it's not too concerning right now, the asthma is very mild. It felt like he was hinting I shouldn't have been so worked about about getting the test results back... Thinking of my past vet compared to this one, I wonder if my last vet could have used a scare tactic to have my buy more services/treatment with the asthma by making things seem more urgent. Persia's frequency is more than Isabelle has had before she started treatment. Although, Isabelle sounds more wheezy when she needs her medicine upped and no wheezing from Persia yet, just coughing. Who knows. I want to trust him though. I'm glad to have yearly check-ups scheduled with my first choice vet at another clinic, so I have other options down the road.

I'm relieved to hear back. I'm trying a couple days with pills (using Isabelle's supply, he said that was fine) and pill pockets, and if everything goes well I will get Persia her own prescription. He also offered liquid, but if she will use pills, I think that will be a better choice. She is already picky sometimes with wet food, so adding liquid medicine to wet may deter her from eagerness to eat wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.