The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...which is the Sturgis, South Dakota motocycle rally, held every year, rain shine hail tornado or pandemic.
Yep. I understand why they went ahead with it, because the bikers were going to show up whether anybody liked it or not, and if they weren't prepared for them it would have been a disaster.
Some tribes aren't letting riders drive through their lands because of Covid concerns.
They aren't letting anybody in. They have a roadblock and will only let you drive through if you promise not to stop anywhere on the rez. They've had the roadblocks up for months.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
To be fair, clothing doesn't go on the conveyor belt, the bagger doesn't have to touch it, etc. I can see why they'd want to avoid reusable bags right now.

I know Walmart asked people not to use them for a while but I don't know if that's still in effect or not.
I have had heavy duty reusable bags, all insulated, that I use all the time for the last 10 years or more, ever since California first proposed to get rid of plastic grocery bags. If they get messy I turn them inside out, scrub the inside, rinse them thoroughly and hang them up to dry. I just have to bag my groceries myself, the checkers, or baggers if they have them, are not allowed to touch them which is fine with me. No big deal, I don't want any more plastic in my house than I absolutely have to and they don't have paper bags here but at Trader Joe's. I even bring my produce bags back and put my produce in those. If we all did that we would save Mother Earth before she is terminal, I do my part, how about you?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Yes, the ban was lifted last month but wasn't really made well known through local media. At least, I never heard of the lifted ban until I Googled it just now:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few years ago people were getting sick because they weren’t washing their reusable bags. I don’t see why washing them now should be any harder.

I liked some collapsible crates I saw once but I didn’t get around to purchasing any.

School starts Monday. Instead of setting up our space and books I spotted DH while he cut down our damaged tree himself. I didn’t want him out there and up a tree with a chainsaw alone. He did get the tree down safely. DD and I helped make piles ofb the branches; but clean is going to take a while. The yard already looks so weird without that tree. Even after losing 2 sections over a few weeks.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Harvey somehow managed to open a capped bottle filled with $30 worth of treats and ate every last piece. I'm thinking he needs to be caged at night and when no one is around. He just started getting access to the rest of the house and all he's been doing is going through the garbage, knocking down things, and stealing food.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet still hasn't called back about the x-ray results. Told me next day and when I called since I hadn't heard anything, he told me next day again and that it is unusual for it to not be next day. I've tried being patient, but it has been over 4 days now and I sent a message today through their website as they closed early yesterday. Won't hear back until Monday as they are closed Sunday. Like, since they haven't heard back, have they even checked to ensure the radiologist even received the x-ray??? I'm worried about Persia and want to start medication as soon as possible, if she does have asthma. My previous vet believes Isabelle has scaring in her lungs due to a delay of getting on the correct medication, and I'm worried the same thing will happen with Persia if this keeps getting put off. She's coughed multiple times this week and last night seemed like the coughing had been rougher and it was harder for her to cough. :frown:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to decide if I should do surveys or watch more Pluto TV. On the one hand I"m tired from earning all the time but on the other hand the cats will need food by Tuesday at the latest.

Ack just realized that I have my writing class to do. It's 4 days in. My google and Microsoft calendar failed me. I'm not going to work on my One Riddle Man I plan to finish this year but rather I may try my hand at a children's story about the cats. The missing cats will be out on some quest or mission. And since the cats won't sue me I'll just use the names I already gave them.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to decide if I should do surveys or watch more Pluto TV. On the one hand I"m tired from earning all the time but on the other hand the cats will need food by Tuesday at the latest.

Ack just realized that I have my writing class to do. It's 4 days in. My google and Microsoft calendar failed me. I'm not going to work on my One Riddle Man I plan to finish this year but rather I may try my hand at a children's story about the cats. The missing cats will be out on some quest or mission. And since the cats won't sue me I'll just use the names I already gave them.
By that I mean I'm not using One Riddle Man for the course. I want to try the idea of a children's story around the cats only during the writing course. I still plan on finishing One Riddle Man during NaNoWriMo in November though.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Here we go again. My mom just got discharged from a senior care center on Thursday, after her second hospitalization and rehab stay since March. In March it was Crohns, last month C-Diff infection, and yesterday she was admitted for congestive heart failure, something she was hospitalized for two years ago. She refuses to move permanently to a nursing home but really really needs to be in one. It’s exhausting.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Here we go again. My mom just got discharged from a senior care center on Thursday, after her second hospitalization and rehab stay since March. In March it was Crohns, last month C-Diff infection, and yesterday she was admitted for congestive heart failure, something she was hospitalized for two years ago. She refuses to move permanently to a nursing home but really really needs to be in one. It’s exhausting.
I’m sorry you’re going through this. We had a similar situation with both my husband's mother and my father. Plus you have the virus complicating everything and raising the stress—and danger—level. Come here and scream whenever you need to. :grouphug:

My mother, bless her heart, begged me to move her to a retirement home after Dad died which we did. It was a tremendous gift she gave us.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry you’re going through this. We had a similar situation with both my husband's mother and my father. Plus you have the virus complicating everything and raising the stress—and danger—level. Come here and scream whenever you need to. :grouphug:

My mother, bless her heart, begged me to move her to a retirement home after Dad died which we did. It was a tremendous gift she gave us.
Thank you. It is really stressful.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the best way to get your dream home is to build it yourself, as we did with our houses :)

Last edited:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here we get sent back to our car if we try to enter any of the stores with reusable bags including Aldi or Save A Lot. I don't know about Walmart because frankly I don't like Walmart that much.

Not getting anything done here. Binging on Classic Doctor Who on Pluto TV. Trying to occupy my mind til they get this blasted tooth out of my mouth.
if the bags do not touch the conveyor, this is the same as the ban on reusable clothes ... anyway, one of us is waiting for the other at the exit with our backpacks ... and the second of us is using the shopping cart ...

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well considering I don't make the rules for my stores I can't just defy them and walk inside with a reusable bag when they have signs not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.