The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom
then we also have to eat canned food) we cook without salt and spices, and cats get all the necessary substances with vitamin-mineral complexes)
That's good. There are ways to provide a balanced homecooked diet for cats. But it's best not to give them things like tomatoes---cats don't process plant materials very well, being pure carnivores.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But what about taurine? This is critical for cats.
Taurine can easily be ordered and added.

Winning the lottery would be great. Unfortunately, they have this silly rule that says you have to play to win and I don't have the money to give to the lottery people every week. LOL
I buy ONE powerball when it goes over 300 million. However, you can enter the PCH (Publisher's Clearing House) sweepstakes online, it's free, and you don't have to purchase to win. That said, they will send you 5 entries to your email a day, some with up to FIFTEEN "search to win" offers per email. I generally search once or twice, and quit unless I have a good bit of spare time that day.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a walking disaster. I get up and take 2 steps and my ankle gives out. I had to grab the computer desk to keep from falling over; tried to put weight on it and couldn't. John had to carry me over to the couch. I didn't do anything to it! I didn't step on anything or trip over a toy. I just put my foot down on the rug and now my ankle and foot are throbbing. I've got it wrapped in a heating pad.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my MIL is being all drama queen. Every time Aislyn is here, she takes her for the day or the weekend as often as possible and never takes Aedan. She used to use her bad hip as an excuse, but she got a hip replacement. So John called her out on it today and told her she needs to take him, too. She has two grandchildren. So she comes out with, "Well, he's always on the boob." Um, he's been weaned for weeks. And for at least the last 6 months, he was only nursing at bedtime. So then she said he's too hard to keep up with. My grandma watched him for 8 hours yesterday while we went to go get Aislyn because we knew he'd be miserable in the car. My grandma is almost 89 years old and had no problem. Yeah, he's a toddler, but he's not that difficult. So then she started saying John was trying to keep Aislyn away from her and "If you try to keep her away from me, we're going to have problems." No one's trying to keep her away from you! He just said you need to spend time with your grandson, too!

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got the stomach flu on Thursday and spent from the time I got home at eleven PM to late Friday morning throwing up every five-six minutes, among other TMI things. Probably the worst case of the flu I ever had. My stomach feels like I did 100 crunches. Doing better today but holy crap worst night ever. There was one point I wondered if I should go to the hospital because I couldn't even hold down water lol

Watched the Witcher on Netflix today and LOVED IT. Can't wait for season two. Henry Cavill's thicc booty in those leather pants needs to grace my screen soon or my thirsty self will combust.

My three-year-old nephew has been obsessed with Anna from Frozen and wanted to wear his sister's Anna dress to my aunt's Christmas party today (wasn't able to go cause I'm still recovering from Thursday/Friday). Of course he wasn't allowed to cause my brother is no fun (I would have because let the poor kid have fun), but he put that dress on the moment he got home (you go little dude, live your best three-year-old life). First of all, he's a kid. Let him play and express himself. Stop worrying that too many "girly" things will "turn" him gay or transgender. If he ends up being part of the LGBTQ+ community it had nothing to do with what toys and dress-up clothes he played with. Second of all, it genuinely worries me if he does end up being part of the LGBTQ+ community because I know his parents, heck his own grandmother, wouldn't give him the support he'd need to thrive as a person and be himself. I swear if he ends up being gay or something else and he gets hurt by his family I'm gonna disown some people (if it's not obvious I am a strong supporter of LGBTQ+). But anyway, he's only three, I used to pretend to be a boy all the time. It's normal. Just hope for his own sake, though, he doesn't end up being LGBTQ+ because he doesn't deserve to get hurt by people supposed to love him. He's too sweet of a kid for that crap.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a crazy year. In May, my husband left me at random and ran away to California. He has depression and anxiety and decided the responsibility of me, the cats, and the dog were just too much for him to handle. We tried to make stuff work, or rather I did, while we sold the house. I moved in to my grandpa's house (he's in a memory care unit) so we share the space with my mom and my boyfriend. In September, we decided to move forward with divorce papers. We signed those about two weeks ago and at the time he promised that we'd stay friends and that he wouldn't just vanish, which was of course a lie. Today he blocked me on the only thing we communicate through. Two days ago he was talking to me like normal. He's never been able to tell me the truth in the last few years, so I don't know why I'm even surprised.

It really makes me mad since my life has actually been so much better the last few weeks. I've been dating this other guy since October who is incredibly sweet and somebody who actually cares about me, wants me to be happy, and is so genuine. I'm mad at myself for even caring that my soon to be ex doesn't want to talk to me. He's honestly so not worth it. He's been such a jerk to me over the years and I've done nothing but support him. I'm so ready for this year to be over.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a crazy year. In May, my husband left me at random and ran away to California. He has depression and anxiety and decided the responsibility of me, the cats, and the dog were just too much for him to handle. We tried to make stuff work, or rather I did, while we sold the house. I moved in to my grandpa's house (he's in a memory care unit) so we share the space with my mom and my boyfriend. In September, we decided to move forward with divorce papers. We signed those about two weeks ago and at the time he promised that we'd stay friends and that he wouldn't just vanish, which was of course a lie. Today he blocked me on the only thing we communicate through. Two days ago he was talking to me like normal. He's never been able to tell me the truth in the last few years, so I don't know why I'm even surprised.

It really makes me mad since my life has actually been so much better the last few weeks. I've been dating this other guy since October who is incredibly sweet and somebody who actually cares about me, wants me to be happy, and is so genuine. I'm mad at myself for even caring that my soon to be ex doesn't want to talk to me. He's honestly so not worth it. He's been such a jerk to me over the years and I've done nothing but support him. I'm so ready for this year to be over.
Sounds like you're on the right track to a better life. Good Luck!!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of them even laughed at me when he saw me on the webcam because I had just gotten up.
Wow, that is completely unprofessional!! Is there a way you can report this worker? I'm sorry you've gone through so much trying to get through this class. School can already be so stressful, then with all the glitches and unsupportive support/staff. Sounds like you are really on top of things and making it work from your end.

How I"m turning 64 years old on Monday and wasn't it just yesterday I graduated from high school.
Happy early birthday!

So, my MIL is being all drama queen. Every time Aislyn is here, she takes her for the day or the weekend as often as possible and never takes Aedan. She used to use her bad hip as an excuse, but she got a hip replacement. So John called her out on it today and told her she needs to take him, too. She has two grandchildren. So she comes out with, "Well, he's always on the boob." Um, he's been weaned for weeks. And for at least the last 6 months, he was only nursing at bedtime. So then she said he's too hard to keep up with. My grandma watched him for 8 hours yesterday while we went to go get Aislyn because we knew he'd be miserable in the car. My grandma is almost 89 years old and had no problem. Yeah, he's a toddler, but he's not that difficult. So then she started saying John was trying to keep Aislyn away from her and "If you try to keep her away from me, we're going to have problems." No one's trying to keep her away from you! He just said you need to spend time with your grandson, too!
Good for John for calling her out. She does have two grandchildren, and it would worry me, too, if the grandson was noticing that gramma wanted to spend time with Aislyn, but not Aedan. Children notice these things, and it can be very damaging to them. You guys put in a boundary and she tried to spin it on you guys. She's making it about herself, while it should be about what it best for the kids, and she was trying to guilt trip you to try to manipulate you. It's one thing for her to make a boundary herself, but since she doesn't spend time with Aedan, it definitely sounds like she is choosing favorites with grandchildren, which is not fair to the children. The children deserve better. <3 Glad you both can see through the bullcrap and are calling her out.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost two weeks into my new job and I'm really enjoying it. At the interview it was mentioned after two weeks a chance for a review and raise, so I will be bringing that up soon. Wish me luck!! My anxiety gets bad, and I wanted to ask for more when hired, but couldn't get the words out.

Also been feeling very lonely lately. I'm a huge introvert, so having alone time is great and much needed. Although, I'm working on low to no contact with my immediate family, and it has been a struggle to make friends here at school. My two best friends graduated last year, and we've been keeping in contact.

Normally I was the one to contact the guy first, and he finally started calling or sending me memes first within the past 3 months. He stopped by for a few minutes while in town a month or so ago. I told him I really liked him because I have for a while and wanted to tell him, in person, in case he felt the same. He had a big smile and said, aw thank you, and then left. He hasn't reached out at all since then, and I was trying to see if he would and give him space if he needed to process anything. I called him last week to say hi and see how he was doing, and we were only on the phone for ten minutes before he excused himself off the phone. So I don't really know what is going on, or if I made things uncomfortable with him. He did know I had a crush on one of his best friends that goes to my school, even though I didn't know why I liked him. The guy f-ed things up while canceling/forgetting plans multiple times with no follow up, so I'm over him now. My best friend crush I had overlapping this over crush, but it was more gradual attraction and actually enjoyed talking/getting to know him. It started over six months ago, but he doesn't know that. So maybe it's weird for him and he thinks I just flip flopped over to another guy. I donno. I'm not really sure where we stand even as friends right now. It makes me sad.

My other best friend was planning to visit in December and never followed up with what time. Yesterday when I left for work, I saw a Texas license plate in the driveway behind my neighbors car, who is also friends with her. My internet was down yesterday, so I didn't see my best friends facebook message from Friday night asking if I was working on Saturday. Thinking it was my friends car, I tried not to think about it at work that she may have come to town without giving me advanced notice. She had said she wanted to stop by for a bit when she came into town next. After work there was a package on the steps, and I knew she left me a Christmas gift. I know she cares, but it really bummed me out she wasn't able to plan more ahead and give me more advance notice. It felt really lonely and that I wasn't important to her, which I know isn't true and she had mentioned in the past few weeks she had really been stressed and struggling with her mental heath, so it may have been hard for her to organize and spread what little energy she had to everyone she wanted to see.

Well, atleast I have three cats.:heartshape:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I wonder why I try. [rant]
I'm cleaning the house. Vacuumed 3 rooms, steam cleaned one and mopped...just so far. There are 4 adults in this house. No one except my son has helped at all. My son is in the middle of setting up a salt water tank but he his still going to do the laundry and take out the garbage. Ecuse me, but are either of the other two incapacitated or something?
I have Muse blasting..and I mean blasting, so that I can hear it in the other rooms. My mom asked me to turn it down. "No problem, if I get help". She now has headphones on.

But the house does look better already.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
told him I really liked him because I have for a while and wanted to tell him, in person, in case he felt the same. He had a big smile and said, aw thank you, and then left. He hasn't reached out at all since
This is why I usually wait for guys to make the first move. They are so hard to understand! It's like they are from another planet sometimes. :rolleyes3:

There are 4 adults in this house.
Oh, I thought you lived alone out in the boonies. Living with other people rots. I wish I lived alone with my cats. :catrub:

Attempted to take pictures with Santa at PetSmart...
Why isn't puppy sitting on Santa's lap? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.