The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat LUNCH at 8pm. I go to bed between 3-4am, get up just before noon, and have a late lunch around 8pm.
That's interesting. What time do you eat dinner? 🌭

Hekitty has found an empty box under the daybed and is frantically trying to fit her rotund little self in it.
Awww, I can just picture this. I love her. 😍

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For Halloween, my dumbass boss wants all the female housekeepers to dress up as that vintage housewife with the headscarf flexing her bicep and then pose like that for a stupid picture he will post on this stupid company's stupid website.

I don't have a problem with dressing up and taking a goofy picture with my coworkers. I do have a problem with the company and the people I work for. They take the potential fun out of it by being toxic, gross people.

Do I have to do this? Probably not. They can't force me. But I don't want to deal with my boss' nagging if I tell him no, so I'll pose in the stupid headscarf feeling uncomfortable with my coworkers who will also be uncomfortable. No one will be having fun because we all hate the person who came up with this idea.

Really wish the vet clinic I take the boys to needed a housekeeper, but I'm pretty sure the techs keep things tidy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Really wish the vet clinic I take the boys to needed a housekeeper, but I'm pretty sure the techs keep things tidy.
Spose you could always ask...

I just heard and saw a flock of Sandhill Cranes and then some Canadian geese, headed south. Migrations like these are incredible!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My lips are all chapped and I have a really sore bump on my bottom lip.
Can you try Burt's bees or some other lip balm? I use that on my thumb in the winter as well, it helps to keep it from getting so incredibly dry.

Big Poppycat reminded me how l-o-n-g he is. Unusually for him, he decided to check out the lunch on the kitchen table by simply standing on his hind legs and getting his upper chest and front legs on the tabletop lol. What a cat!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is weird. It's only 19 degrees outside, and the snow on the driveway is melting!
Besides the asphalt maybe retaining heat, the radiant heat from the sun can melt things even when it's cold, too.
that vintage housewife with the headscarf flexing her bicep.
That's Rosie the Riveter and she represented women who took factory jobs during the war.

I hate it when bosses want to do group stuff like that and nobdy else thinks it's a good idea, ugh.
I hate when the seasons change. My lips are all chapped and I have a really sore bump on my bottom lip. Every season, it's the same thing.
My lips don't get too chapped (thanks to frequent Burt's Bees application), but my hands just fall apart every winter, and nothing I do seems to make much difference. The cracks hurt! It must be the dry air, although it never seems to happen during dry weather in the summer.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's Rosie the Riveter and she represented women who took factory jobs during the war.

I hate it when bosses want to do group stuff like that and nobdy else thinks it's a good idea, ugh.
That's who she is. I honestly had no idea who that woman was and thought she just represented housekeeping or something lol learn something new everyday.

But yeah, he is the only one excited for this... doesn't help that we all hate him.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My certification exam is next Friday. My program director told me that most people don't pass it on the first try, but then said she just *knows* I will. That's what everyone is telling me. I'm really feeling the pressure now :bawling2:

The one bright spot is that there won't be any change to my program completion date if I don't pass this. One of the graduation requirements is that I just have to sit for the exam.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My certification exam is next Friday. My program director told me that most people don't pass it on the first try, but then said she just *knows* I will. That's what everyone is telling me. I'm really feeling the pressure now :bawling2:

The one bright spot is that there won't be any change to my program completion date if I don't pass this. One of the graduation requirements is that I just have to sit for the exam.
Good Luck!! Study everything you've learned even if you think it may not be on the exam. That's all you can do.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had my appointment today. Official due date is June 6. The big cyst is 2 inches. My ovaries are also full of smaller cysts. So that's fun.

And baby is already a mover and shaker. No arms or legs yet, but little one was wriggling his/her torso back and forth.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a lot of Instant Pot Indian food recipes, and I've been on a real kick lately. It's amazing how you can throw a lot of random veggies and weird-smelling spices in, and it somehow all melds to end up with something so yummy.
I discovered this when I was vegetarian and forced to make my own food most of the time. I made a pot of I don't even know what. It had a lot of vegetables in it and Indian spices. I called it "Vegetarian Crisis".
Samsung228.jpeg

Samsung227.jpeg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks good!

It's just funny that I put in tomatoes, carrots, and onions and it doesn't taste like tomatoes, carrots, or onions :dunno:. And the cinnamon from the garam masala smelled really strong when I put it in, and I thought, ugh, it's gonna taste like waffles or something. But nope, can't even taste the cinnamon now. How come other cultures didn't learn how to blend spices like that? Maybe India is just really good at growing the right spices.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a lot of Instant Pot Indian food recipes, and I've been on a real kick lately. It's amazing how you can throw a lot of random veggies and weird-smelling spices in, and it somehow all melds to end up with something so yummy.
What have you been making?

Status
Not open for further replies.