Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
That looks good!

It's just funny that I put in tomatoes, carrots, and onions and it doesn't taste like tomatoes, carrots, or onions :dunno:. And the cinnamon from the garam masala smelled really strong when I put it in, and I thought, ugh, it's gonna taste like waffles or something. But nope, can't even taste the cinnamon now. How come other cultures didn't learn how to blend spices like that? Maybe India is just really good at growing the right spices.
Cinnamon gives it a woodsy taste. I use it all the time. I love Indian spices. Cumin. Curry. And of course a touch of cayenne pepper.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping it won't flood when it starts raining later today. Nowadays, it seems like we have to worry about trying to keep water out of the house if someone so much as spits into an intersection. Thankfully, at least hurricane season is almost over for the year.

And why in the heck do people stock up on perishable items before a hurricane if they don't have a generator or an ice chest? I've never understood the logic of stocking up on milk, cold cuts, and other items that need to be refrigerated when the power usually goes out as soon as the outer bands get here. *scratches head*

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor son. Yesterday he had classes then went immediately to work and pulled a 13 hour shift. He just got home and is catching a 4 hour nap so he can go to his classes today. He is supposed to go get his car serviced, but I am going to take it and he can use my car so that he can sleep the extra hour.
I know that a lot of us worked our way through college, but when it's your child, you can't help but feel bad for them.
At least he can sleep when he gets home until tomorrow when he has to go take his mid-term and then pull another 13 hour shift at work.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You are a very good mom.

I remember when I was living at home, had my own car; and was going to my clinical rotation—basically 8 hours of work, 2 days a week, full time college, and working part time with pneumonia. I took only 2 days off from work.

I would fall asleep, in bed, with a book in my hands, lights on. My mom or dad would just come over and shut the lights off.

When I was a second year, I did 3 days clinical, 2 days 3/4 days at college, did a voluntary clinical at another hospital—- after classes, and worked weekends at another hospital. I had one day off every 2 weeks.

When I was studying for finals, my mom would bring me up a cup of hot chocolate .

So I understand. Your son appreciates you. And loves you for doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.