The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I just want to know if telling someone to stop telling me XYZ because I don't give a :censored: is ok or not. Or if just not responding and dealing with inquiries from the mutual friend is a better option.
If it were me, I would continue to ignore the person. However, if the mutual friend is still a friend, I would tell him/her that I didn't want to hear any gossip and to please not give the other person any info about me (you).

This way, you get to ghost the person and still keep your friend.
If you really don't want to ghost the person, then, yes, it is ok to tell the person. Maybe the person doesn't realize you don't want to know the gossip but doesn't know what else to say but wants to keep in contact with you.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like the mutual friend. The mutual friend had given me a lot of helpful advice and support when I was dealing with the :censored: at the last job and with finding a new job, something the other person never once did.

Part of me wants to respond to the email just to tell her the gossip she heard from an untrustworthy source (and she knows the source is untrustworthy. She told me so herself) is flat out wrong and to tell her the truth about M and why she left the company. But then I think about it some more and I really don't want to get sucked back into all that :censored: again.

I'm going to ignore her emails and texts. I'll block her if needed.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LisaT. LisaT. --I use Purina Cat Chow Complete, but that one has food coloring unfortunately. Hey, I just saw that you live in Syracuse. The NY Statefair is going on this week, right? I used to go every summer. :)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I just straight out tell her to stop telling me everything that is happening at my previous job because I don't give a :censored:? Or do I have to say it nicely, like "Thanks for the news but I'd appreciate if you not continue to give me updates on what is happening with that job / team?
First you say it nicely. If that doesn't work you get more, um, forceful about it. Since you'd like to retain her friendship you only ghost her if that doesn't work.

First you say it nicely. If that doesn't work you get more, um, forceful about it. Since you'd like to retain her friendship you only ghost her if that doesn't work.

My friend told me that it was Friskies. Hmm, I wonder if Purina is tasty and good for them. I wonder that about Friskies too.
Your best bet is something that's grain-free as well. I'm pretty sure Purina One has varieties that meet your standards. I doubt that Friskies does.

Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your best bet is something that's grain-free as well. I'm pretty sure Purina One has varieties that meet your standards. I doubt that Friskies does.
I feed Purina One True Instinct. It is grain free, filler free and the first three ingredients are chicken, chicken by-products and chicken meal.
Unfortunately the store up here (small town) has quit carrying the chicken in favor of fish. So I may switch to Purina Basics, which is also grain free, filler free and first few ingredients are chicken.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, I remember when I used to babysit. I took a taste of the baby food to see if it was too hot, and Yuck! The fruit is pretty good though. :)
There used to be some sort of cherry dessert for infants that was to die for. LOL, I'd buy a jar for Drew and a jar for me.

Can I just straight out tell her to stop telling me everything that is happening at my previous job because I don't give a :censored:? Or do I have to say it nicely, like "Thanks for the news but I'd appreciate if you not continue to give me updates on what is happening with that job / team?
I'd try the second, but only from the "I'd appreciate if you" part.

That works, too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just don't have the energy to deal with this person anymore :thud: It's one thing if she just emails to say "hi how are you". It's another thing to tell me every little thing that has happened since I left the company and what she tells me is third-hand information obtained from a highly untrustworthy source since she has no involvement with the team or department I was previously in.

I have not responded to her email and don't plan to. In fact, I deleted it. I don't need constant reminders of that toxic work environment :headshake:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't have the energy to deal with this person anymore :thud: It's one thing if she just emails to say "hi how are you". It's another thing to tell me every little thing that has happened since I left the company and what she tells me is third-hand information obtained from a highly untrustworthy source since she has no involvement with the team or department I was previously in.

I have not responded to her email and don't plan to. In fact, I deleted it. I don't need constant reminders of that toxic work environment :headshake:
I'm not being nasty. This is just something to think about.
But if you truly don't want to know and don't care, then why are you even reading the emails? Just note this persons email address as spam and delete.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this stupid weather app on my phone. I have it so when a severe storm warning happens, then I know about it. Two days ago I got a tornado warning... that was important. But for 3 mornings in a row it started beeping and flashing red. I look at it. The alert was to inform me that it was 65 and sunny. Really? This is Arizona, of course it's sunny. I don't need these alerts at 5:30 am.
But I'll probably keep the stupid thing since winter is coming and I'll need the winter weather advisory.

Anyone else have a stupid app like this?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this stupid weather app on my phone. I have it so when a severe storm warning happens, then I know about it. Two days ago I got a tornado warning... that was important. But for 3 mornings in a row it started beeping and flashing red. I look at it. The alert was to inform me that it was 65 and sunny. Really? This is Arizona, of course it's sunny. I don't need these alerts at 5:30 am.
But I'll probably keep the stupid thing since winter is coming and I'll need the winter weather advisory.

Check the settings in your app. I had an issue with an app giving me weather warnings for the entire state. I was able to go in and restrict it to certain counties. I am in the suburbs of Chicago and was getting weather warnings for area’s that were hours away. Once I changed the settings the issue stopped. There may be away in your app to set what type of warnings you get.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like a plan. You don't owe her listening/reading time. Not for nonsense.

I kinda wish. I have a cheap government phone, and while I am thankful to have any phone at all, it is NOT a "smart" phone. It is a "dumb as a brick" phone that I have to reboot every 3 times I do anything on it, and that NEVER has any memory at all. I can take TWO pictures. Two. Never mind an app or ringtones or anything fun! Someday, though, someday!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Check the settings in your app. I had an issue with an app giving me weather warnings for the entire state. I was able to go in and restrict it to certain counties. I am in the suburbs of Chicago and was getting weather warnings for area’s that were hours away. Once I changed the settings the issue stopped. There may be away in your app to set what type of warnings you get.
I only get alerts for 2 counties. One I live in (by 7/10ths of a mile) and the other is the closest town. Like I said, I do need it for severe thunderstorm warnings, flash flood warnings, winter weather and even tornado warning/watch. But sunny weather? This isn't Seattle, I know it's going to be sunny.

But I appreciate the suggestion. I have to take the bad with the good. I just wish the NWS didn't need to send early morning advisories to tell me it's sunny.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My son was going to get me a refurbished smartphone for about $150.00 but his sister beat him to the punch and got me a refurbished iPhone 4. It had weather from Cupertino on it (that's just south of Santa Barbara) and New York City, but I now have added Reno where my son lives and Laguna Woods where I live, haven't figured out yet how to get rid of Cupertino and New York. I just had to put in my area code which I expected to give me the little city next door but actually gave me Laguna Woods. Don't know yet if it will give me warnings but it does give temps and cloud cover for a week ahead, still learning how this phone works. I activated it with Consumer Cellular which gave me unlimited voice and text plus 1 gigabite of data for sending pics etc for only $28.00 a month. I already have my computer for $22.00 which I usually use.Together that is $2.00 more expensive than what I had before with just one dumb phone. Bye bye AT&T!

Status
Not open for further replies.