The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always very careful with medications - especially pain meds. If it helps me to get a good night's sleep for once, I'll be more than thrilled. I'm really feeling work down. And it's not like I'll be doing a lot of sleeping after he's born.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is almost midnight, and I'm terrified. I was just outside, changing the rice bags in the shelter, and it is empty. Last night, at least one kitten was in there, I brushed fur as I changed the bag out. But not tonight. It is frigid out there. The trees are coated in ice, and a steady, freezing rain is falling. About half of the second feeding is gone, so SOMEONE came, and left again. But it is so cold, and the kittens are so small. WHERE ARE THEY? Are they trapped somewhere, afraid of the frigid rain, huddled together, slowly freezing? I just want to weep. I'm setting my clock so that I can change out the rice bags every four hours, in case they can make it to me. I feel like I have utterly let them down. Why haven't they come? Oh, where are my babies?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might be surprised. My son was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks.
My DD slept with us for 3 nights after she was born then went into the crib. She never kept us up at night. I was told to wake her every 2 hours for a feeding. The first time I did that, I got told off. I never woke her up again. I can count on one hand the amount of nights she kept me up and have some fingers left over. She will be 23 in March.

This is one of the many reasons why we never had any more. There is NO way that would have happened twice! :lol:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not pump my own gas, for a variety of issues. One, the smell, if I get it only hands, really bothers my allergies and asthma. The other reasons is that I do not have much strength in my hands: carpal tunnel..

Yes is is cheaper, but for those reasons, I pay more money to have someone do it for me..
heck, I cannot even correctly put air int eh tires because I cannot bend my right knee, and the strength in my hand is not even to keep things constant. The last time I tried, I let out the air because I was not consistent with the pressure.
:alright::grouphug::grouphug2:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It is almost midnight, and I'm terrified. I was just outside, changing the rice bags in the shelter, and it is empty. Last night, at least one kitten was in there, I brushed fur as I changed the bag out. But not tonight. It is frigid out there. The trees are coated in ice, and a steady, freezing rain is falling. About half of the second feeding is gone, so SOMEONE came, and left again. But it is so cold, and the kittens are so small. WHERE ARE THEY? Are they trapped somewhere, afraid of the frigid rain, huddled together, slowly freezing? I just want to weep. I'm setting my clock so that I can change out the rice bags every four hours, in case they can make it to me. I feel like I have utterly let them down. Why haven't they come? Oh, where are my babies?
:alright::grouphug::grouphug2:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
There's a cat at the shelter I got Selene from who just doesn't seem to be wanted by anyone. She's a black adult with a sweet face. They keep posting her picture on FB, and someone even generously covered her adoption fee, but no one's interested. I feel so bad for her, but I don't think I should have three cats in my tiny apartment :sniffle:
:(:sniffle::sigh::vibes::vibes::vibes::bigeyes::catlove::catrub:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , :alright: :chillpill: They got through the flooding because Little Bit knows the best places to go. They'll almost certainly get through this, for the same reason. And if they don't, it won't be because you let them down. You have done everything you can think of for them, given them the kind of care and loving they deserve. It's time to forgive yourself for not being omnipotent.

Margret

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Her birthday is December 28. So we were about a week late. Their birthdays are gonna be close, but if I have my way, they'll always have their own parties. They should each get their own special day. It just wouldn't seem fair otherwise.
The pains have slowed down - I had a couple in my abdomen but I haven't one in more than an hour. The doctor said we coukd consider induction next week. I would rather not - I know that increases the risk of needing a c-section and my doctor agrees - but I was crying from the leg pains earlier. I got some raspberry tea tonight. Maybe that will work. Whatever happens, I just want a healthy baby. My doctor gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3 because the pain has gotten so bad. I've had a broken back, kidney stones, and a lacerated spleen and kidney and the pain I'm having now still rates pretty high on my scale - and I had strong pain meds with all those. So I'm really at the end of my rope here.
:hearthrob::hugs::redheartpump:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna pray for them. Cats are very resourceful so try to think positive. Many survive outside winters every year. Try not to get overly worried cuz that won't do you any good. Just pray, if you believe in God, and send positive thoughts out.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , :alright: :chillpill: They got through the flooding because Little Bit knows the best places to go. They'll almost certainly get through this, for the same reason. And if they don't, it won't be because you let them down. You have done everything you can think of for them, given them the kind of care and loving they deserve. It's time to forgive yourself for not being omnipotent.

Margret
:yeah:
Can't think of anything better to add. You've doneso much for them already. And you've been feeding them, so they're strong and healthy. You've given them tools to survive.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs:

Are you sure that no one else takes care of them? Could they have another shelter that they use nearby?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 any news? I am going to think positively that they have found their own, natural defense spot.. or perhaps someone took them in.. for just the night?

You have said that others are helping take care of them.. perhaps someone took them in.
They are almost tame.

If they are out there, they will be around for food.. as soon as they can.. Perhaps the storm is really scaring them, hence they are finding their own shelter.

It is NOT your fault.. You have done so much for them.. They are ferals, with a natural instinct to survive...

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they will be okay. Little Bit is certainly with them so she'll keep them warm.

And yeah, maybe someone else decided they were tame enough to capture and has them all safe.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many times do I have to prove John wrong before he starts listening to me?
He's off work today so he was sitting out here with Aislyn to make sure she actually went to sleep instead of sneaking up and playing while we took naps. I told him that he couldn't have the t.v. on or she wouldn't go to sleep, then I laid down. An hour later, I woke up to get a drink and he'd dozed off on the couch and she was still awake watching cartoons. I told him to go to take a nap, turned off the tv, and she was out in 10 minutes. Silly man! Now I'm off to finish my nap.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, if he is a typical man, at at least one more than you already have.

THEY ARE OK! Thank you, everyone, who expressed concern and offered comfort, and especially Margret Margret who actually called me last night and pretty much talked me down off the ledge, as it were. I got up early this morning to change the rice bags, and saw a beautiful blanket of snow everywhere. Pics tomorrow. HOWEVER, this meant that the office is closed today, and that our long-suffering maintenence man came in, shoveled and salted the sidewalks, and left. SO...I put breakfast out, figuring that would get me answers faster than anything. By noon, Little Bit and both kittens had come to eat! I'll just have to breathe deep and trust Mama Cat more. She's obviously born feral, and knows a thing or two about surviving bad weather.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, if he is a typical man, at at least one more than you already have.
:yeah: I refer to it as "testosterone poisoning." It goes along with refusing to ask for directions and being convinced that men are better drivers than women.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else (besides moderators -- I know they notice) noticed the spammers who keep joining the site, getting banned, and re-joining with different user names and email accounts? The thing that puzzles me about them (besides the fact that they're totally unable to actually post a link :lol:) is that they also keep starting threads with names like "Asdghadhdsghsdghd" and messages like "ghdgsdgsdgasdgsdgs" (and yes, these are direct quotes, from my email notification early this morning). Why?! What the heck is the point of nonsensical posts? In this case it apparently got the spammer caught and banned before he or she was even able to post the spam!

(And incidentally, kudos to whichever moderator caught this one early. :thumbsup: The moderators on TCS really are wonderful at what they do. No wonder TCS is so popular.)

Margret

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to vent. Some time ago I gave my mom one of my ram sticks because something happened to hers. No big deal, I'll order a couple more. But, I had to wait a month to get the funds since they are not cheap. Finally ordered them from Amazon and they arrived within a week. So exited. Until I installed it. My computer wouldn't even boot up. So I double checked the invoice. Everything was right. Then I checked the part number against what it should be. They sent me the wrong part. Now I'm upset. So I contacted the seller via Amazon and now I have to wait 3 days for them to respond.
I should have just ordered it from Walmart. But it takes so long for things to come. I thought this would be faster.
I still have another order for a replacement fan and a usb hub for my computer. It better be correct.
I feel like I want to cry. I really, really needed that ram....like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.