The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, if he is a typical man, at at least one more than you already have.

THEY ARE OK! Thank you, everyone, who expressed concern and offered comfort, and especially Margret Margret who actually called me last night and pretty much talked me down off the ledge, as it were. I got up early this morning to change the rice bags, and saw a beautiful blanket of snow everywhere. Pics tomorrow. HOWEVER, this meant that the office is closed today, and that our long-suffering maintenence man came in, shoveled and salted the sidewalks, and left. SO...I put breakfast out, figuring that would get me answers faster than anything. By noon, Little Bit and both kittens had come to eat! I'll just have to breathe deep and trust Mama Cat more. She's obviously born feral, and knows a thing or two about surviving bad weather.
Yay! I knew they'd be ok! A lot of Carey's have survived outside on horrible weather for a long time. If they hadn't, we wouldn't have anymore cats at all. I'm glad you can breathe easier now. Don't worry - I would have been just as upset.

Has anyone else (besides moderators -- I know they notice) noticed the spammers who keep joining the site, getting banned, and re-joining with different user names and email accounts? The thing that puzzles me about them (besides the fact that they're totally unable to actually post a link :lol:) is that they also keep starting threads with names like "Asdghadhdsghsdghd" and messages like "ghdgsdgsdgasdgsdgs" (and yes, these are direct quotes, from my email notification early this morning). Why?! What the heck is the point of nonsensical posts? In this case it apparently got the spammer caught and banned before he or she was even able to post the spam!

(And incidentally, kudos to whichever moderator caught this one early. :thumbsup: The moderators on TCS really are wonderful at what they do. No wonder TCS is so popular.)

Margret
Maybe I just get lucky - I've never noticed the spammers. But, to be honest, I've been very lazy on this site lately. I haven't browsed many posts.

It stinks that you have to keep waiting. On the bright side, Amazon has always been good with customer service - in my experience, anyway - and you won't get screwed out of your money.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 , how frustrating! :alright: :hangin: Deep sympathy.

Margret
Oh, it gets worse. I found a customer service number for the seller. She said, and I quote, "Oh, I remember this order. I substituted the part. Our computer said it was compatible".
So now, I have to send these back and when they get them, they will send the correct part.
If they have the correct part, then why the :censored::censored::censored: didn't they send it the first time!!:fuming:
So now I may get it in a couple of weeks depending on the mail.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to vent. Some time ago I gave my mom one of my ram sticks because something happened to hers. No big deal, I'll order a couple more. But, I had to wait a month to get the funds since they are not cheap. Finally ordered them from Amazon and they arrived within a week. So exited. Until I installed it. My computer wouldn't even boot up. So I double checked the invoice. Everything was right. Then I checked the part number against what it should be. They sent me the wrong part. Now I'm upset. So I contacted the seller via Amazon and now I have to wait 3 days for them to respond.
I should have just ordered it from Walmart. But it takes so long for things to come. I thought this would be faster.
I still have another order for a replacement fan and a usb hub for my computer. It better be correct.
I feel like I want to cry. I really, really needed that ram....like yesterday.
:alright::grouphug::grouphug2::crossfingers::vibes::goodluck:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I took a shower, made coffee and relaxed with my dog for a few. Had to get my blood pressure down before I had a stroke. I just checked my email and there is a message from the seller. They sent me a return slip for USPS so I don't have to pay to return it. They also said to call when it was sent (they can verify this via the tracking number) and once verified, they will send the correct ones.
If the fan comes in and it's wrong, at least that will be my fault. I could only guess at the correct one using the specs from the bad one I have.
I had a really bad day today. It started when my dog had diarrhea and it stuck in his hair. Had to bathe him and cut it out. And the day got progressively worse.
Thank you for all your support. You guys are wonderful.
I'm much calmer now...except my coffee pot is taking forever.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Oh grumble, grumble. Car trouble.
Running some errants yesterday and when I was done with the last one and pulled out of the parking space the car died, just like that. It started again right away, oh well, just a fluke but when I drove out of the parking lot into the street it died again, rats! Again it started without any problems, went to the bottom of the hill where there is a stop sign and it promptly died again, double rats!! Another start, ok, got home but had to slow down at a stop sign (I was going to just roll through it) where it died again, another start, into the underground garage, make turn into parking space - died again, start and pull into space, whew, at least I'm home. Worry about it the next day. Noticed that the power steering leak seems to get worse, oh well, that can wait a little longer.
So this morning I go down to the garage, will the car start? Yep, but it died right away, guess it will have to go to the shop.
Call my insurance where I have towing provided (might just as well get something for my insurance payments) and they send someone over.
Call the repair shop and told them what's the matter, they say ok, have tow truck deliver car.
Tow truck comes, driver starts car to get it out of space, it dies right away but makes a big farting noise, not like a backfire or small explosion, just a fart. It does that several times each time driver starts car and it then dies. He has to push the car out by hand because the engine just does not stay on, hooks the car up and leaves.
It's only about 2 miles but this is not my regular mechanic, this is a shop I use when I have an emergency like this. They have been good to me but my regular mechanic who is 12 miles away and where I have gone for 15 years is much less expensive.
The shop calls me and quizzes me on what had happened, they will call me tomorrow with the verdict. Let's hope that it is something minor, there had not been even inkling of anything wrong with the car at all.
Ok, so the car is old, even older than alicia88's with only 113,000 miles on it but it has been well taken care of, recently had an oil change and the power steering fluid topped off, so I am hopeful that it will not be too expensive. At least I have lots of credit on my credit card, if it's too much to pay off in one month as I usually do I will just have to make payments on the card and pay interest, puh! But I'll have wheels and this car drives beautifully.
This is not what I needed right now. I wanted to have both Capucchino's and Bebe's belly shaved because they got all tangled up when I was sick and neither one will let me mess with their bellies (Capucchino I could brush on back and sides to get a few tangles out, Bebe I managed to shave her back and sides but then she bit me, hard, blood all over, I had an antibiotic packet to put on that and it healed really well without even any redness), and now it depends on how much the car repair will be before I can call the groomer. Panthera has short hair and Chamouti, the Maine Coon, does not tangle at all and his fur is really thick. It has been what we call cold here and he is the only one who will still go out on the patio by his own free will, his fur must really keep him warm, the others stay put cuddled on the sofa among the pillows or on my bed or in their own beds. When he comes back in (I have a cat door to the patio and I live on the second floor) his fur is all puffed out and cold to the touch. Then he comes and cuddles next to me with front paws and head on my leg and purring really loudly. He's such a sweetheart, never thought he'd be this nice when I got him from Petsmart a year ago at the ripe old age of 11 years, still can't get over somebody giving him up because they moved to a smaller place and had "too many cat". He is finally reacting to his new name (he just did not look like a "Jackson", he looked so exotic with his all-red fur with no stripes and cream tail tip that he needed an exotic name) which does not mean he will come just because I call him although many times he does.
So between cats and cars and trying to stay warm in here where it is 68F, wearing my sheepskin slippers, yellow knee socks with a big black cat on each leg, an Irish wool vest over a cotton turtleneck and jeans I am doing ok. I think I'll go and have a nice hot cup of cocoa and grab a book and curl up on the sofa where a big red cat is curled up already. Bet he'll wake up long enough to cuddle up next to me.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I have $200 to spend on a new sewing machine for Christmas and my birthday, and a friend's daughter has a Singer Heavy Duty in good condition that she wants $200 for. What do the people here think? A minuscule amount of online research makes me that it may be overpriced, but I'd like some second opinions on that.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like it's the time of year for car problems. I know next to nothing about cars so I couldn't even take a guess. Maybe it'll be a really cheap and simple fix.
The cocoa and book sound like a great idea!
Question: I don't remember who suggested raspberry tea for inducing labor. Prego brain strikes again. But how much should I drink? I had 2 cups last night. My out of place rib is killing me right now! I took one Tylenol 3. My doctor said I could take 2, but it makes me loopy so I don't want to do that unless I'm about to sleep.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I have $200 to spend on a new sewing machine for Christmas and my birthday, and a friend's daughter has a Singer Heavy Duty in good condition that she wants $200 for. What do the people here think? A minuscule amount of online research makes me that it may be overpriced, but I'd like some second opinions on that.

Margret
I couldn't say. I've always done any sewing by hand - I've never looked into machines so I have no clue how much they're worth.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like it's the time of year for car problems. I know next to nothing about cars so I couldn't even take a guess. Maybe it'll be a really cheap and simple fix.
It won't be. Unless it's a really old car and it's just a vacuum leak. Sounds like either it needs a carburetor overhaul or fuel injector cleaning. Depending on age of vehicle. My old truck used to do this. The throttle wouldn't open so I just wired it to the open position. Pain to start on a cold morning, but it stayed running. Most cars now have fuel injectors though.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe.
Robert Service.

Platitudes aside,I always have a cup of hot tea and a scratch on a kitty(if I can)to remind me of why I put up with all the b.s. that comes with the drudgery of life. Good luck and peace sent,Martin.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
I know nothing about sewing machines. But I looked at a couple of places online and the average price for a new 4423 heavy duty is anywhere between $125-$150. $200 seems high for a used one. Unless maybe it has some bells and whistles that are added.

Status
Not open for further replies.