The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Static electricity can cause gas /fumes to ignite if you slide out of your car, so stay outside. Lightening can hit you too while standing outside, both are about as rare. If you worry about things like this, you don't know the things that can kill you that are much more common, falls,choking and irate spouses. I have pumped my own gas for 45 years, at the cheaper price for doing so, and have NEVER seen anyone blow up yet!

At the first sign of a cold, I take Oscillococcinum, a supplement that I saw on TV as being common overseas to ward off colds and flu. I bought it at Walmart. I have come down with the sniffles, cough, sore throat, etc., twice this winter, took it and was fine the next day. I read the reviews on it and it said it did nothing!? But it sure worked for me! Anyone else try it?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually take allergy meds in the winter because they're not too bad then and it seems like they work better in the other seasons if I've taken a break from taking them.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a cat at the shelter I got Selene from who just doesn't seem to be wanted by anyone. She's a black adult with a sweet face. They keep posting her picture on FB, and someone even generously covered her adoption fee, but no one's interested. I feel so bad for her, but I don't think I should have three cats in my tiny apartment :sniffle:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh, I have 4 cats in my tiny one bedroom. They don't take up much room. Lol
I had a dream where I broke Aislyn's arm. I was taking something to her - don't remember what - and my leg cramped up really bad causing me to fall on her and break her home. Now, I'm irrationally scared of standing too close to her because it seems entirely possible. Grrr.
John just went out and checked the car - it started just fine. But I still want to take it auto zone after my appointment to have them test the battery just for my peace of mind.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta hand it to Amazon. They said I'd get my book today, and I did.
I'm pretty ticked at Amazon right now. I saw a balaclava mask I wanted, ordered it, watched my bank account. Amazon sent a couple of emails that they had tried to take payment but my bank said no they didn't, and then they cancelled my order.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried those foot peel things from Amazon? You stick your feet into these plastic booties filled with a solution and then you wait a while. As the days progress, a thin layer of skin peels off.

Or a face peel? Any peel at all?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lazy when it comes to girly stuff like that lol.
Well, the battery was bad but it was replaced under warranty. Unfortunately, the starter is also going out. So we'll have to figure that out. It's an old car - 2001 - so it's not entirely unexpected that something went bad in it, but the timing is terrible.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm cheap. There's no way I'd pay extra to have someone else pump my gas.
I'm cheap too, but I would gladly pay extra for full service or to have someone pump my gas. I am partially disabled and I dread pumping gas. I only get gas about once a month so paying extra does not make much difference money wise. My car is almost on empty and I need to get gas tomorrow with the snow and freezing temps.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still not very dilated but I'm having contraction like pains in my legs and I know someone who's labor started that way, so anything is possible. Just gonna wait and if the pains move up to my abdomen, we'll head to the hospital.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm being extremely nosy, but was Aislyn induced? I had a friend that went to the hospital thinking she might have started labor but wasn't sure. Turns out she was in the end stage and didn't know because the first kid was induced and hurt a LOT more.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn isn't mine so I don't know. My sister didn't know she was in labor with her 2nd because it was in her back. She ended up not being able to get anything for pain because by the time she went to the hospital, they didn't even get her blood work back before it was time to push.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Birthday party? I hope you wait a whole day. My sister's and my birthdays are 2 weeks apart. Having a shared party at the 7th day between us was fun when I was 11. Having a shared party was misery when I was 16.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF, we're a chatty bunch just now!

So when does H. Renee say her career is going to start paying enough for her to buy these things for herself?
She doesn't. Nor does she inform me of just what this "career" is. That's her money. I am responsible for all daily needs. Why? Because she is the cat!

One woman even said it should only be done by specially trained individuals.
LOL, grew up with attendants, and when I think of those "specially trained individuals," I laugh my arse off.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty ticked at Amazon right now. I saw a balaclava mask I wanted, ordered it, watched my bank account. Amazon sent a couple of emails that they had tried to take payment but my bank said no they didn't, and then they cancelled my order.
You may want to switch to PayPal. They seem to be better at keeping track of the details.

Still not very dilated but I'm having contraction like pains in my legs and I know someone who's labor started that way, so anything is possible. Just gonna wait and if the pains move up to my abdomen, we'll head to the hospital.
If you disappear for a day or two we'll know where you are and will be sending you and your little one lots of good vibes. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: :mommy:

Birthday party? I hope you wait a whole day. My sister's and my birthdays are 2 weeks apart. Having a shared party at the 7th day between us was fun when I was 11. Having a shared party was misery when I was 16.
I can easily believe that! Alicia88 Alicia88 , you said "belated birthday party." Just how belated is it?

Margret

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looking at the forecast for the rest of the week... big snow storm:eek2: Luckily I don't have to work tomorrow:yess: Friday is my normal day off. Because we're essential personnel, there has to be people in the facilities doing the bare basic work. Two people on my team have volunteered. Those who volunteered to work during the storm are being put up in a nearby hotel tonight and tomorrow night. I can't volunteer since I have no one to feed Leroy his post-dinner snack, both cats' bedtime snack, and their (4am :doh:) raw breakfast. And clean the litter box.

I got my Amazon pacakge today:) That was fast considering it was only shipped yesterday from Kentucky. I'm expecting a package from eBags on Friday but the storm will likely delay it until next week.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want to switch to PayPal. They seem to be better at keeping track of the details.

If you disappear for a day or two we'll know where you are and will be sending you and your little one lots of good vibes. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: :mommy:

I can easily believe that! Alicia88 Alicia88 , you said "belated birthday party." Just how belated is it?

Margret
Her birthday is December 28. So we were about a week late. Their birthdays are gonna be close, but if I have my way, they'll always have their own parties. They should each get their own special day. It just wouldn't seem fair otherwise.
The pains have slowed down - I had a couple in my abdomen but I haven't one in more than an hour. The doctor said we coukd consider induction next week. I would rather not - I know that increases the risk of needing a c-section and my doctor agrees - but I was crying from the leg pains earlier. I got some raspberry tea tonight. Maybe that will work. Whatever happens, I just want a healthy baby. My doctor gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3 because the pain has gotten so bad. I've had a broken back, kidney stones, and a lacerated spleen and kidney and the pain I'm having now still rates pretty high on my scale - and I had strong pain meds with all those. So I'm really at the end of my rope here.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon and the pain eases up.

BTW, did she ever decide she wanted to be 5?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn't complained about it since! But she's really getting on my last nerve tonight. She missed her nap today. I had my doctor's appointment then we had to handle the battery issue and pick up my prescription and by the time all that was done, we were late for her party. So she's being cranky, mouthy, and a bit bratty. She's going to bed an hour early tonight. She's normally a really good kid, but when she doesn't get her nap, all bets are off. She says her mom doesn't make her take one. Either she's fibbing to try to get out of it or her mother is a glutton for punishment! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.