The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really ready for the weekend. This week has been so hard. My dog ended up passing away at the beginning of the week. I am so lucky to work at a dog kennel where everyone gets it and I was able to be covered for my shift and to trade shifts on the day after.
:alright: :grouphug2: :hugs: So sorry to hear this. I'm glad you have supportive coworkers; it's just a tiny bit easier when you don't have to defend your grief.

I just noticed that it no longer says where you're from under your avatar. Mine always had the date I joined and my location. I wonder why they took that off.
Darn! You're right! I hadn't noticed that before, either. And here I've been going under the assumption that if it isn't there it's because the member chose not to share his or her location. I'm going to have to start checking profiles when I want to suggest something that only works in certain places.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have class Monday-Thursday, I only work on Friday now. I'm dreading it. I'd rather stay home and do schoolwork :ohwell:
Understandable, but as long as you actually have enough time for your school work it's probably a good arrangement for you. Working gives you a little bit more money, which as I recall is a perennial issue for college students, plus which it means you're seeing different people on Friday, and maintaining the relationships you've already developed at work.

Margret

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Understandable, but as long as you actually have enough time for your school work it's probably a good arrangement for you. Working gives you a little bit more money, which as I recall is a perennial issue for college students, plus which it means you're seeing different people on Friday, and maintaining the relationships you've already developed at work.

Margret
I've been unhappy with my job for months. I'm either kept busy with repetitive, unrewarding tasks, or otherwise staring at a wall for four hours. My boss has been behaving erratically. I'm reaching the breaking point.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been unhappy with my job for months. I'm either kept busy with repetitive, unrewarding tasks, or otherwise staring at a wall for four hours. My boss has been behaving erratically. I'm reaching the breaking point.
Time to start looking for a new one, then.

Did you call your doctor?
Sitting here watching television (which I shouldn't be - I need to get going), and breaking news just popped up: another school shooting, this time in Texas. 8-10 dead, one person in custody, another "person of interest" also in custody and being questioned. This time it was a 17 year old student at the high school, killing his classmates. Possible explosive devices found both at the school and a few miles away.
:censored: :cloudy:

Margret

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to start looking for a new one, then.

Did you call your doctor?
Sitting here watching television (which I shouldn't be - I need to get going), and breaking news just popped up: another school shooting, this time in Texas. 8-10 dead, one person in custody, another "person of interest" also in custody and being questioned. This time it was a 17 year old student at the high school, killing his classmates. Possible explosive devices found both at the school and a few miles away.
:censored: :cloudy:

Margret
I intend to call when I get home.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: :grouphug2: :hugs: So sorry to hear this. I'm glad you have supportive coworkers; it's just a tiny bit easier when you don't have to defend your grief.

Darn! You're right! I hadn't noticed that before, either. And here I've been going under the assumption that if it isn't there it's because the member chose not to share his or her location. I'm going to have to start checking profiles when I want to suggest something that only works in certain places.

Margret
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. What a loss for you.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just noticed that it no longer says where you're from under your avatar. Mine always had the date I joined and my location. I wonder why they took that off.

What type of device are you using to view the forums? I can still see the location on my desktop, but not on my phone. It does shrink the profile section and remove some info on smaller formats.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see locations under the avatars either, I also have to see the profile. Maybe you can because you are a moderator?

PS I'm on a PC.

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of device are you using to view the forums? I can still see the location on my desktop, but not on my phone. It does shrink the profile section and remove some info on smaller formats.
I'm on a laptop and can't see locations. Date of joining is still there, along with number of messages and purraises received, and things like badges, "Top Cat," "Moderator," etc..

Margret

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
So we've been a little low on grocery money since late Jan-early Feb. Nothing critical but things like cleaners and light bulbs and some "not urgent right now" pantry staples have been put off, and smaller quantities of other stuff have been bought instead of economy size, which is cheaper in the long run but more expensive up front. "Not urgent right now" has caught up with us, but so have the hours at work, perfect timing.

I printed out the Ultimatest Grocery list as I can never remember all we need and it does great at reminding me, and right now I need to know exactly what all we've been putting off. There's a little picture in the corner of a crumpled post-it note with a few things written, you know the typical short grocery list that you grab on your way home. On it is written "vodka, milk, ice cream, lighters". To me, it sounds like someone is buying the ingredients for a molotov cocktail, with ice cream to celebrate after. I've got such a warped mind, lol.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't see locations under the avatars either, I also have to see the profile. Maybe you can because you are a moderator?

PS I'm on a PC.

I'm on a laptop and can't see locations. Date of joining is still there, along with number of messages and purraises received, and things like badges, "Top Cat," "Moderator," etc..

Margret

Yep, I just logged in as a regular member and I can't see them. I'll ask about this.
Could this be a privacy issue? I can't see them, either. But knowing what area someone lives in can be invaluable in finding help, sometimes. I'm not seeing them as a Forum Helper, either.

I printed out the Ultimatest Grocery list
Now, how did I not know about this? Just downloaded the editable version. MAN, this will come in handy!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could this be a privacy issue? I can't see them, either. But knowing what area someone lives in can be invaluable in finding help, sometimes. I'm not seeing them as a Forum Helper, either.
With the spam attack yesterday, and the temporary hold on new registrations, I was wondering that as well.

Margret

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
To the best of my knowledge, no , it’s not a privacy issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.