The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hanging on the couch with Fluffy sleeping beside me.  A rare occurrence.  Have to give it up soon so DH can watch the game.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I've been hanging out on TCS while periodically peeking in on the Kitten Bowl.  Hmmm.  Puppies have just been introduced into the mix.   Oh Lordy, kittens AND puppies.  I'm a total pile of mush.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching the kitten bowl too!  I love that they are all rescues and available for adoption.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of the puppy bowl, didn't know there was a kitten bowl though!

Watching the Super Bowl now. Kinda takes away from it when two people are arguing in the room with you :/ hopefully they will stop soon.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Kitten Bowl is on the Hallmark Channel.

WILD is showing the fishbowl.  Which is a small fish bowl with fish swimming around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here watching the snow fall again. It's so windy I'm worried we are going to lose power again.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here watching the snow fall again. It's so windy I'm worried we are going to lose power again.
I hope you don't lose power.   

I'm comforting Chula and Paul, who are freaking out because they are testing the alarm system at my apartment.  They are both very upset, poor babies.  
   And since I didn't get to sleep until three hours ago, they are not the only ones.  I know it has to be done but....

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
It's getting lighter in the morning! yay! I got up at 6 (usual time) and it wasn't completely black.

Little Kitten is poking her stick (lure), and looking at me...

Getting ready to leave (not really, because I'm here), reading about everyone's tattoos. I have two. I really love one of my tattoos--I made it in photoshop, and the guy did a pretty nice job. Not too happy about the location, but whatever. And the other one--not so much.

I have this chop that my grandfather got in China (probably before I was born--he did business over there). I don't know what it says, and sent the image to someone yesterday... and then I had a dream about it last night! A really involved dream. What?!?! Dreams are so strange.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Off today! Trying to do laundry, but the machine keeps stopping *grrr*. So draining it and will try again once that's done. Heard back from the vet today regarding Maple's blood test results, there was a minor miscommunication about which number to call and he called my office on Friday. Anyway, her blood work is all great! :woo: We talked about her litter habits and her little backtrack recently, so we're gonna put her on Prozac and see if that helps with her anxiety. Because this cat most certainly has anxiety issues.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got home from walking to the store. My daughter asked for pizza for lunch so I bought her a slice and I'm really trying to resist eating the other half. The kids are eating now, I will be having lunch soon when they nap.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here watching the snow fall and contemplating crawling in bed with my book and the Boys. 

Maybe I'll play a few rounds of Backgammon online or see what's on TV first? Also, debating whether or not I'm gonna turn the heat on before I go to bed. It's 22F outside, but really comfortable 65F in here right now. I'll probably just leave it off. I'll sleep better when I finally fall asleep and the Boys don't need the heat anyway. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard just brought me into work, since we're getting snow. So I'm sitting here, checking out the board and drinking my coffee. I have to write some letters this morning and it's difficult to start them. Once I actually start, I'm fine and the words will flow. It's just getting started.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
At some point I need to go outside and see if it is worth shoveling what came down after we shoveled last night. I've got to decide what is for supper and if it is worth a trip to the grocery store or not. Aaron took the truck today, so I have the little car and I don't know yet how the roads are.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I am waiting for someone to come over and check out the furnace upstairs. It went out during the night at some point. It was 50 degrees this morning and is now 43 degrees upstairs. Oh, and there's a 20 year old cat up there that belongs to the lady living up there. Couldn't find her this morning, so I went up later, and I found her. Now I can't find her again. Waaaay too many hidey holes and too much STUFF up there so can't get in everywhere to look. I just called the place coming out (again) to let them know it's 43 now and there is a 20 year old cat that is currently alive but may not be for very long if we have to keep waiting. I'm supposedly on some "priority" thing that I pay $8 a month for, dangit.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Sneezing!  I have a horrible reaction to tree pollens and we're having a very early spring here.  It was 82F here yesterday, everything is starting to bloom and the pines, acacia and cedar are releasing clouds of yellow pollen everywhere.  
The hood of my car covered in pollen (it's actually a red car).  

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Repairman just left for the second time today. I waited several hours then turned the water back on upstairs (I'd turned it off to keep the pipes from freezing). I opened the door and felt the cold blast and knew something wasn't right. Sure enough, it was 43 degrees upstairs. No idea how long it was like that again. It's definitely something to do with the breaker in the furnace, he's thinking it may need to be replaced, but they can't do it today for the sheer fact they don't have that exact part. We have electric furnaces which just aren't that common. I'll be going up in about 15 minutes to see if it's still going or not.

So right now, we're in a "wait and see" mode. The really bad part - we have a big freeze coming the next couple of days. Ugh. What timing.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just lying in bed reading all the threads and enjoying them. Blighty has a new game. He pulls my books out of the bookshelf. Always the same books. The Narnia collection. He's such a naughty boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.