The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My area is having wi-fi outages so I'm trying to avoid too many data charges by spending too much time on TCS on my phone. And I'm checking in on Angel.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Lying here. Reading everybody's messages and worried sick over angel.
Nothing from angelsmom today, so far. It's a disgusting disease.
She just updated. Status quo.

For those who have pain issues-google kratom. There's a huge group on Facebook about it and some smaller ones titled natural pain remedies I believe but I've heard many folks who suffer from pain find relief with this leaf from southeast Asia.

American kratom society has more info as well. I know I've found incredible relief from endometriosis and arthritis. The down side is it tastes like a$$. I mix it in Orange juice and gulp it quickly. 20 minutes later ahhhh. Folks at work ask me what that mud drink I drink. I just tell em its green tea :p

Unfortunately its not safe for cats but there are a handful of vets who say dogs can get it. Kratom for kitties is too hard on the kidneys. I wish more people would work on research for this. Maybe down the road they can chemically change it so kitties can take it. But until then...

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually if I can reach my arm back and press on this one spot, the pain just all goes *poof*. It's amazing! Of course I can't hold my arm in that spot forever. Or sitting back against a tennis ball, but that doesn't feel good after a few minutes.

I'm bawling after reading about Angel. Re-living memories that are not that recent yet still too recent to not be painful. And having conversations with Oscar, which reminds me so much of the conversations I would have with Lucky. Of course, Oscar sounds like a pipsqueak compared to Lucky :)

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For those who have pain issues-google kratom. There's a huge group on Facebook about it and some smaller ones titled natural pain remedies I believe but I've heard many folks who suffer from pain find relief with this leaf from southeast Asia.

American kratom society has more info as well. I know I've found incredible relief from endometriosis and arthritis. The down side is it tastes like a$$. I mix it in Orange juice and gulp it quickly. 20 minutes later ahhhh. Folks at work ask me what that mud drink I drink. I just tell em its green tea :p

Unfortunately its not safe for cats but there are a handful of vets who say dogs can get it. Kratom for kitties is too hard on the kidneys. I wish more people would work on research for this. Maybe down the road they can chemically change it so kitties can take it. But until then...
You might want to read up on it's legality in the U.S. and other countries. 

Personally, due to all the negative side effects and it's close resemblance of Opium, I wouldn't risk taking it. It's not regulated and many of the Asian countries have banned it. I sure as hell wouldn't give it my cat. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
These things feel heavenly when pressed on knotted muscles.

My wi-fi came back on unsuspectedly.  I'm probably going to watch the Democratic debates, in between checking in on Angel and TCS.  

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hot baths with lavender Epsom salt are the best. Especially when my hips are acting up along with the fibro. If things get really bad, I take the gabapentin I'm supposed to take every day. I hate gabapentin. It makes me sleep.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know there was a Democratic debate tonight! :D I know what I'm watching now.

Can't do a bath, we don't have a tub. Hot showers are doable sometimes. Depends on how long I wait after hot water was used for other reasons (washer, someone else's shower, etc). I really need to find my heating pad, that's what I need to do.

margd margd , I bought that same thing for my sister-in-law for Christmas a couple years ago. Those suckers are HUGE! I had no idea until I got the box it came in. Couldn't imagine what I ordered that needed such a big box.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to read up on it's legality in the U.S. and other countries. 
Personally, due to all the negative side effects and it's close resemblance of Opium, I wouldn't risk taking it. It's not regulated and many of the Asian countries have banned it. I sure as hell wouldn't give it my cat. 
its legal in most states. I only buy mine through people who recommend this or that vender. I buy from a few small venders on Facebook. Its nothing like opium. Its not even in the same family. I just wish people would be open minded.

There's also turmeric and black pepper together along with grapefruit juice is a really good anti inflammation. I found its almost as good as Advil. There are many other herbs to treat for pain that are not as controversy. I only hope to give people options. Each to their own but I personally have seen this plant help so many people. Peace.

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have read that pineapple is a great anti-inflammatory. Reminds me that I should start making and drinking pineapple water again.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Watching the debate and now I'm craving pineapple. That's it, I'm buying some when I'm at the store again, been eyeballing it the last several times I was there.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could definitely go for some pineapple right now.

I am completely baffled by Onyx tonight. For the first time in my life, I just witnessed a cat turn up their nose at a can of Friskies. My five-month-old kitten doesn't even recognize wet food as food!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm not American and don't live in America. Also I don't have Facebook but thank you very much.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worrying about Angel. I know its for the best. My heart is breaking for all. At work trying to stay distracted. I have only been on here for a few weeks and Ive gotten pretty attached to some of the kitties on here. So glad we have a place to gather who understands how much we love our animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sitting here watching the snow fall trying to decide if I should just keep going out and shovel every so often or wait and attempt to use the snow blower.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here, waiting for my vet to call me back with Maple'd blood test results :nervous: Not that I'm expecting bad things necessarily but she's not had a blood test in... gosh, I'm not sure she's ever had one! Last time she was at the vet before now was when she was pretty young so probably didn't have blood work done then.

However she's is almost fourteen and weighs over 17 lbs. So yeah, I'm still nervous.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. I was in a car accident 30 years ago, and ended up with nerve damage (among other things). So I know all about what you're experiencing.

Going through TCS and listening to Hall and Oates on my MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.