The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in my usual position. Thinking what can I tell you about whatever. My mind's a blank. Bought a lot of clothes this week. My hair needs colouring. I want to change the colour. Put in highlights. Have about 1" cut off. That's it really.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally!

I purchased concert tickets for my daughter a few days ago so she could go see Mike Stud's Back 2 You Tour for her birthday! 

Well, after I printed them out, something didn't look right to me. I had purchased the VIP tickets (which includes Admission to the show; Early entry to the venue; Exclusive meet & greet with Mike Stud; Personal (autographed) photograph with Mike Stud; Copy of Mike Stud’s new album; Limited edition poster; Official meet & greet laminate; and possibility of an appearance on NBC’s upcoming Mike Stud television series).

Nowhere on the ticket was it indicated they were VIP tickets! So, I called TicketMaster (who they were purchased from) and they told me the tickets I had were 'General Admission' tickets! WHAT? I paid the extra price for the VIP tickets and had proof of that. Their Customer Service rep informed me that "sometimes people have a hard time ordering tickets online, but since I agreed to their Terms of Agreement there was nothing they could or would do!"  They refused to refund or exchange the tickets and advised me to try to sell them online. Are you kidding? No one would buy general admission tickets for the price I would need to recoup my money... and neither was I!

After 3 hours of phone calls - I spoke to three customer service reps and two supervisors (who all refused to help or compensate me), I contacted my bank to get a stop payment on my card. They couldn't do anything until the payment cleared and with it being the weekend, it most likely wouldn't clear until Tuesday of this week. In the meantime, they would mail me all the forms I would need to fill out. Great! 

I even contacted out local news station and sent an email to their 'TroubleShooter' reporter who investigates Fraud. Their response was, "We'll look into it". Of course, it's been six days and I have heard nothing! 

Yesterday, I called the establishment hosting the concert and emailed them copies of the tickets. Their rep informed me that the tickets did not indicate they were VIP tickets. So, I emailed them a copy of my receipt showing the price I paid for them. He would contact his manager and get back with me. Guess what? Twenty-four hours went by and I got no response! 

I called him again today and he apologized and said he emailed his manager three times and hasn't heard back from him...yet. The concert is scheduled for tomorrow night - 25 hours from that time. Ohhhhhh, hell no! 

I got in my car and drove 40 miles to the concert hall with tickets and receipt in hand. I was going to get the tickets I PAID for! The poor guy was flustered and, again, asked me how I placed my order. I explained it to him and then asked him if HE would place the order ONLINE. He said, Sure! I can do that! Well, guess what? He did the exact same thing I did and ended up with General Admission tickets! OOPS! My fault, eh? Even the ticket agent couldn't figure out what went wrong!  He placed a call to his manager and got his voice mail. So, now what? I told him I was NOT leaving without VIP tickets! 

​In the end, the rep apologized again, made an Executive decision and printed out VIP TICKETS (at no charge) and handed me a Free Parking pass! I double checked the tickets to be sure they said VIP on them. So, I now have the right tickets!

While I appreciate what he did, I should have NEVER had to go through all that crap; especially since it was TicketMaster's fault! Anyway, my daughter will be going to the concert tomorrow night on her birthday and she is thrilled! (I might be old, but I AM feisty!). She just stopped by on her way home from work and picked them up and I am finally breathing again. 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter, Nicolette! 

View media item 328935

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Birthday Nicolette!! I would have done the same for my DD who is turning 21 on 3/12/16
Where does the time go? Just yesterday she was a baby and I was 25

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lord, but I am cold. 
 It was 7 degrees F when I came to work this morning. And the wind! Heavens. Got into work and I see that it's about 58 degrees in my cube. Evidently the system must have switched back over to AC......again. It's simply freezing in here and I can't warm my hands at all. I've already texted one of my co-workers to tell him to bundle up. Sweatshirts for everybody! And that's not even enough.

And I'm really worried about Muffin. I think she has a UTI and I'm not so sure she isn't beginning to block up. I called the vet last night; they had no open appts at all and the earliest they had today is 2:45, so we're going in then. She's eating OK, but I watched her this morning and don't like what I see. It could just be me, but I think there's a problem.

ETA: We just found out that the boiler has broken down. Again. It's blowing COLD air. And nobody is concerned enough to turn the flippin' thing off. Just shoot me now.

The latest rumor is that they may allow us to go home. We are now at around 53 degrees.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
for Muffin.......

and ((hugs)) to you  for caring so much about your baby

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am about to get up, feed Artie, and start getting ready to go outside to face the bitter cold...9 degrees right now.

Brrrrrrrrrr.....(((shudder)))

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, @Artiemom. I am worried about her.

I noticed earlier this week that there were spots of pee next to the litter box in the bedroom. And I started watching the cats to see who was doing it. With six cats, it can take a while. Well, everybody seemed to be in the boxes and some of them won't go if they know you're watching them, so I started discreetly checking after they'd leave the box. And I noticed last night that Muffin is in the box, but she's having some problems. Called the vet right away. And I spent the morning keeping a close eye on her, too. 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you caught this in time...see, the constant scooping and watching does pay off..

You caught this early...that is great....

I watch Artie each time he seems to be in there for too long. With one cat, and the litter box area, (spare bathroom) and living in an apartment..makes it so much easier.

He has learned to tolerate watching him...I have been through 2 episodes of iFLUTD with him....

Keep us updated, ((hugs))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:vibes: for Muffin!!

SUPER cold here too and it is only supposed to get colder over the next few days. I'm going ot head out to gt a bunch of errands done, so I'm making a lot of lists.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you, @Artiemom. I am worried about her.

I noticed earlier this week that there were spots of pee next to the litter box in the bedroom. And I started watching the cats to see who was doing it. With six cats, it can take a while. Well, everybody seemed to be in the boxes and some of them won't go if they know you're watching them, so I started discreetly checking after they'd leave the box. And I noticed last night that Muffin is in the box, but she's having some problems. Called the vet right away. And I spent the morning keeping a close eye on her, too. 
Poor Muffin. I hope she's OK.

I bought the kids a Weazel Ball for Christmas and I put the battery in just now and put it on the floor so they could play with it. Yeah right. They are all sitting or laying around it. Sophie and Lilith are grooming themselves. Henry is laying by the coffee table watching it. Well, he was. He just got up and walked away from it. I didn't expect much from him though. Toys don't do anything for him including wand toys. The dog is afraid of the weazel Ball.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending 
  for your Muffin!

right now, we all just finished our (approx) noon snacks and i'm now snuggling little deedee while sitting in my chair at the computer. deedee is a 'heat seeker', like i am.

it's quite cold here too!
  but tonight through monday morning is when it'll be frigid like Antarctica here -- saturday's day and night time wind chills are forecast to be -25 degrees F! 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

sending 
  for your Muffin!

right now, we all just finished our (approx) noon snacks and i'm now snuggling little deedee while sitting in my chair at the computer. deedee is a 'heat seeker', like i am.

it's quite cold here too!
  but tonight through monday morning is when it'll be frigid like Antarctica here -- saturday's day and night time wind chills are forecast to be -25 degrees F! 
we are in the fridgid zone also.....Sunday morning is supposed to be the worst; record shattering.  definitely at least -4 degrees during the night/early Sunday morning. 

I had to turn the heat up a bit last night. I had to turn it up a bit more late this afternoon...and it still feels chilly in here....

not a fan of cold...

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's cold here too! Supposed to be -7F with a wind chill of -16F tonight! Five more weeks 'til Spring!  YAY!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's in the 70's here.  I'm feeling  guilty for not taking Eclipse out. The last time he caught a bird he was hoping to get another one and hung out near the bush for weeks.  I have no desire to stand by the fence and not be able to get him down if the birds come nearby.   I'm only 5'4" and the fence is 6' tall.

Eclipse is still mad at Kim for taking the bird away.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
It's absolutely freezing here! :cold:

I'm so excited - my best friend is adopting her first pet as an adult, and it's a little kitty! I don't know much about it or know what it looks like even. She thinks it's under a year old, and it's a boy. I'm trying hard to help her with everything she'll need and hoping I didn't overwhelm her with all of it. Also trying to help her find a low-cost spay/neuter clinic. The one I went to looks like they are only doing spays/neuters for the shelter for now because they are trying to finish up a move to a bigger facility. Makes me so happy though that my donations are being put to good use :D Anyway, I found another one for her in the meantime.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
7° here, not including wind chill. Waiting for my second tattoo! My bestie invited me to this $20 tattoo event a shop is having for Valentine's day. Waited in line (outside in the cold!) for a couple of hours to get our names on the list, now we're killing time until it's our turn. They estimated 5am, but they've been updating the Facebook event and it looks like they're running ahead of schedule :)

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
9 degrees in the North Shore tonight.

I decided to try and get out of my funk (and to try and wear out the kitties) by busting out the cat dancer toy. Took so many pics of them and it was so much fun! Except their mommy got all worn out and they got even more riled up :lol3: And Miss Grumpy Maple is here growling at them most of the night when they get too close to her bubble.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
9 degrees in the North Shore tonight.

I decided to try and get out of my funk (and to try and wear out the kitties) by busting out the cat dancer toy. Took so many pics of them and it was so much fun! Except their mommy got all worn out and they got even more riled up :lol3: And Miss Grumpy Maple is here growling at them most of the night when they get too close to her bubble.
Would love to see the pics! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.