The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sitting here in my fleece pajamas, drinking my first cup of coffee. I have a lot of wash started and hope to get out and shop some later today.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Would love to see the pics! [emoji]128571[/emoji]
Will do in a little while, for sure. I can't NOT share them. Considering I was taking them with my non-dominant hand (the dominant one was focusing on the toy) they came out pretty well, albeit a bit fuzzy in a few of them. Penelopy has some CLAWS on her I discovered!

Right now, finished up my first cup of coffee, about to go for a second. Wait, maybe this was my second and I'm going for a third...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About to head to the grocery store. I found out I won a $25 grocery gift card this morning and then 20 minutes later I also won a valentines day feast from them. Steak, lobster tails, a bouquet of flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and 2 side dishes. I'm going to pick it up and get a few other groceries.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
About to head to the grocery store. I found out I won a $25 grocery gift card this morning and then 20 minutes later I also won a valentines day feast from them. Steak, lobster tails, a bouquet of flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and 2 side dishes. I'm going to pick it up and get a few other groceries.
:woo:

I need to go shopping today too. I think I'll run over to Petsmart and see if I can pick up some "pill wraps" (as opposed to the pockets) since Sara doesn't seem to like the pockets so much anymore, and pilling her has become quite the task. She loves treats, but she just doesn't like THOSE ones. Hoping the Petsmart down the street from me has the wraps that I bought for Lucky months ago (this new one is like a "mini" store), if not I'll have to go to the further one. And then grocery shopping after that.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

we are in the fridgid zone also.....Sunday morning is supposed to be the worst; record shattering.  definitely at least -4 degrees during the night/early Sunday morning. 

I had to turn the heat up a bit last night. I had to turn it up a bit more late this afternoon...and it still feels chilly in here....

not a fan of cold...
we're all feeling like popsicles here today! the wood stove is cranking out the heat, but we can still feel the cold outdoors 'pressing' up on the house. it's currently -2 degrees F and windhere, and the forecast is for a high of 3 degrees F -- not thinking that's gong to happen. i spent the morning using the oven (baking chicken breasts, then a batch of chicken enchiladas) -- may as well generate a little more heat that way! and this afternoon i'll bake a potato, in the oven. this evening i'm thinking i'll whip together a batch of baked oatmeal, which will use the oven again. and tonight, even with the wood stove going, i'll leave the thermostat set at 72 degrees -- so i can actually get some decent sleep, unlike last night.

today, i'm wishing i lived in Florida! 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

we're all feeling like popsicles here today! the wood stove is cranking out the heat, but we can still feel the cold outdoors 'pressing' up on the house. it's currently -2 degrees F and windhere, and the forecast is for a high of 3 degrees F -- not thinking that's gong to happen. i spent the morning using the oven (baking chicken breasts, then a batch of chicken enchiladas) -- may as well generate a little more heat that way! and this afternoon i'll bake a potato, in the oven. this evening i'm thinking i'll whip together a batch of baked oatmeal, which will use the oven again. and tonight, even with the wood stove going, i'll leave the thermostat set at 72 degrees -- so i can actually get some decent sleep, unlike last night.

today, i'm wishing i lived in Florida! 
Get out a big soup pot and boil some water. Once it comes to a boil, lower it to a very low simmer. You can add some orange peels, cinnamon or other aromatic oils to it and your whole house/apartment will be warm and smelling good! The simmering water really radiates a LOT of warmth and humidity so you and your cat's skin doesn't dry out in this cold and crappy weather! You can actually turn your heat down a bit and save money too. 

I do this when ever the temp drops below freezing and it works! You just have to set the timer so you remember to add water to the pot as it dissipates! It's currently 18F here right now but dropping down to 6F tonight. With the windchill it will be colder than a dog's a butt on an ice cube, so I will probably be simmering water later tonight. Right now, I have a roast in the oven so it is pretty warm in here. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally!

I purchased concert tickets for my daughter a few days ago so she could go see Mike Stud's Back 2 You Tour for her birthday! 
Well, after I printed them out, something didn't look right to me. I had purchased the VIP tickets (which includes Admission to the show; Early entry to the venue; Exclusive meet & greet with Mike Stud; Personal (autographed) photograph with Mike Stud; Copy of Mike Stud’s new album; Limited edition poster; Official meet & greet laminate; and possibility of an appearance on NBC’s upcoming Mike Stud television series).

Nowhere on the ticket was it indicated they were VIP tickets! So, I called TicketMaster (who they were purchased from) and they told me the tickets I had were 'General Admission' tickets! WHAT? I paid the extra price for the VIP tickets and had proof of that. Their Customer Service rep informed me that "sometimes people have a hard time ordering tickets online, but since I agreed to their Terms of Agreement there was nothing they could or would do!"  They refused to refund or exchange the tickets and advised me to try to sell them online. Are you kidding? No one would buy general admission tickets for the price I would need to recoup my money... and neither was I!

After 3 hours of phone calls - I spoke to three customer service reps and two supervisors (who all refused to help or compensate me), I contacted my bank to get a stop payment on my card. They couldn't do anything until the payment cleared and with it being the weekend, it most likely wouldn't clear until Tuesday of this week. In the meantime, they would mail me all the forms I would need to fill out. Great! 

I even contacted out local news station and sent an email to their 'TroubleShooter' reporter who investigates Fraud. Their response was, "We'll look into it". Of course, it's been six days and I have heard nothing! 

Yesterday, I called the establishment hosting the concert and emailed them copies of the tickets. Their rep informed me that the tickets did not indicate they were VIP tickets. So, I emailed them a copy of my receipt showing the price I paid for them. He would contact his manager and get back with me. Guess what? Twenty-four hours went by and I got no response! 

I called him again today and he apologized and said he emailed his manager three times and hasn't heard back from him...yet. The concert is scheduled for tomorrow night - 25 hours from that time. Ohhhhhh, hell no! 

I got in my car and drove 40 miles to the concert hall with tickets and receipt in hand. I was going to get the tickets I PAID for! The poor guy was flustered and, again, asked me how I placed my order. I explained it to him and then asked him if HE would place the order ONLINE. He said, Sure! I can do that! Well, guess what? He did the exact same thing I did and ended up with General Admission tickets! OOPS! My fault, eh? Even the ticket agent couldn't figure out what went wrong!  He placed a call to his manager and got his voice mail. So, now what? I told him I was NOT leaving without VIP tickets! 

​In the end, the rep apologized again, made an Executive decision and printed out VIP TICKETS (at no charge) and handed me a Free Parking pass! I double checked the tickets to be sure they said VIP on them. So, I now have the right tickets!

While I appreciate what he did, I should have NEVER had to go through all that crap; especially since it was TicketMaster's fault! Anyway, my daughter will be going to the concert tomorrow night on her birthday and she is thrilled! (I might be old, but I AM feisty!). She just stopped by on her way home from work and picked them up and I am finally breathing again. 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter, Nicolette! 
View media item 328935
She's very pretty and the kitties are gorgeous. You have another daughter don't you?
Good for you fighting to get what you paid for. Stop calling yourself old.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending  :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:   for your Muffin!

right now, we all just finished our (approx) noon snacks and i'm now snuggling little deedee while sitting in my chair at the computer. deedee is a 'heat seeker', like i am.

it's quite cold here too! :nod:   but tonight through monday morning is when it'll be frigid like Antarctica here -- saturday's day and night time wind chills are forecast to be -25 degrees F!  :cold:
OMG -25?! That's awful. Will the stove thing keep you warm enough? You should take all 3 babies with you to bed.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lord, but I am cold. :cold:  It was 7 degrees F when I came to work this morning. And the wind! Heavens. Got into work and I see that it's about 58 degrees in my cube. Evidently the system must have switched back over to AC......again. It's simply freezing in here and I can't warm my hands at all. I've already texted one of my co-workers to tell him to bundle up. Sweatshirts for everybody! And that's not even enough.

And I'm really worried about Muffin. I think she has a UTI and I'm not so sure she isn't beginning to block up. I called the vet last night; they had no open appts at all and the earliest they had today is 2:45, so we're going in then. She's eating OK, but I watched her this morning and don't like what I see. It could just be me, but I think there's a problem.

ETA: We just found out that the boiler has broken down. Again. It's blowing COLD air. And nobody is concerned enough to turn the flippin' thing off. Just shoot me now.

The latest rumor is that they may allow us to go home. We are now at around 53 degrees.
Did you go home early? What happened at the vet?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. All your Christmases came together. Enjoy everything. You deserve it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying here, propped up with my TV pillow, reading what you lot have been up to. Very interesting this evening /morning. It's 2.15am.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's very pretty and the kitties are gorgeous. You have another daughter don't you?
Good for you fighting to get what you paid for. Stop calling yourself old.
Thank you! She is my only child. The doctors told me years ago I could never have children - but I fooled them! She was born 2 weeks before my 36th birthday. 

It was kinda funny back then because I remember going to my last OB check-up and the doctor asked how I was doing. I just broke down sobbing. I told him I wasn't ready to have her yet and was there any way I could stay pregnant for 2 more weeks! LOL I thought my doctor was gonna faint! He said, "In over 30 years of doing this I have NEVER had a woman ask to STAY pregnant an additional tow weeks"!  My birthday is March 1st and her dad's is March 3rd. I just wanted to wait and have her on March 3rd! THAT didn't happen. Oh well. 

And she had an awesome time at the concert last night! 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She is my only child. The doctors told me years ago I could never have children - but I fooled them! She was born 2 weeks before my 36th birthday. 
It was kinda funny back then because I remember going to my last OB check-up and the doctor asked how I was doing. I just broke down sobbing. I told him I wasn't ready to have her yet and was there any way I could stay pregnant for 2 more weeks! LOL I thought my doctor was gonna faint! He said, "In over 30 years of doing this I have NEVER had a woman ask to STAY pregnant an additional tow weeks"!  My birthday is March 1st and her dad's is March 3rd. I just wanted to wait and have her on March 3rd! THAT didn't happen. Oh well. 

And she had an awesome time at the concert last night! 
We share the same birth date! No wonder you kick so much arse :lol3:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG -25?! That's awful. Will the stove thing keep you warm enough? You should take all 3 babies with you to bed.
the -25 is the wind chill temperature, but -2 degrees F (-19 C) is the actual temp -- it feels just like Antarctica here! yes, the wood stove is keeping us warm enough, though i can still feel the extreme cold in my bones. with the stove going, it's hovering around the 78 degrees F range in my living room. of course, the kitchen temp is upper 60's -- always colder in there. i also have my thermostat set, so should it drop below 71 in the living room while i'm sleeping tonight the furnace will cycle on -- this is to prevent possible freezing of water pipes, which can happen during the winter months if the indoors temp drops below 60 degrees F.

oh yes! last night was almost as cold as today was, and it was the first night our little girls were 'out and about' in the house all through the night. both girls snuggled on top the blankets with me last night through the night. little deedee did snuggle under the blankets with me for a while, but didn't stay. our jaspurr snuggled with me for a while under the blankets, and we dozed together while i gave him scritchins. when i got up in the wee hours off the AM to add wood to the stove, all three cats were zooming around the upstairs, downstairs, and making the classic "thundering herd of elephants' noises. after they'd burned off some excess energy, they all settled in bed with me again. all three cats will more than likely be snuggling with me in bed again tonight!

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds great! Gonna try it, got some fresh oranges and I'm sure I have cinnamon and some cloves would smell nice too! Nala Ava Marie was scratching today for the first time I've ever noticed & I know she doesn't have fleas so I'm guessing she might have a little dry skin. She still doesn't shed! [emoji]128570[/emoji] My magical, non shedding kitten. (I think it's bc she's only 5 1/2 months old.)

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
oh yes! last night was almost as cold as today was, and it was the first night our little girls were 'out and about' in the house all through the night. both girls snuggled on top the blankets with me last night through the night. little deedee did snuggle under the blankets with me for a while, but didn't stay. our jaspurr snuggled with me for a while under the blankets, and we dozed together while i gave him scritchins. when i got up in the wee hours off the AM to add wood to the stove, all three cats were zooming around the upstairs, downstairs, and making the classic "thundering herd of elephants' noises. after they'd burned off some excess energy, they all settled in bed with me again. all three cats will more than likely be snuggling with me in bed again tonight!
I awaken and get up for other reasons in the middle of the night, but other than that, sounds pretty much like how things are here. Critters are nice and asleep, but then I get up and so do they. And then they're awake. Eventually calm down and come back to bed in the week hours of the morning.

I just got done brushing the youngin's toofies (they were ecstatic about that), and clipped their nails earlier (they were REALLY ecstatic about that). I bought an actual clipper for animals' nails and used it for the first time (always used human nail clippers before). It's quite a bit easier, I must say! But I also had a hard time judging where the actual cutting would happen. I was so nervous about getting the quick! To add to my frustration, I have trouble seeing up close with my glasses, and since I was looking even closer than usual, I had to take my glasses off. I didn't realize just how much I enjoy the protection from projecting nails that my glasses provide, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.