The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the -25 is the wind chill temperature, but -2 degrees F (-19 C) is the actual temp -- it feels just like Antarctica here! yes, the wood stove is keeping us warm enough, though i can still feel the extreme cold in my bones. with the stove going, it's hovering around the 78 degrees F range in my living room. of course, the kitchen temp is upper 60's -- always colder in there. i also have my thermostat set, so should it drop below 71 in the living room while i'm sleeping tonight the furnace will cycle on -- this is to prevent possible freezing of water pipes, which can happen during the winter months if the indoors temp drops below 60 degrees F.

oh yes! last night was almost as cold as today was, and it was the first night our little girls were 'out and about' in the house all through the night. both girls snuggled on top the blankets with me last night through the night. little deedee did snuggle under the blankets with me for a while, but didn't stay. our jaspurr snuggled with me for a while under the blankets, and we dozed together while i gave him scritchins. when i got up in the wee hours off the AM to add wood to the stove, all three cats were zooming around the upstairs, downstairs, and making the classic "thundering herd of elephants' noises. after they'd burned off some excess energy, they all settled in bed with me again. all three cats will more than likely be snuggling with me in bed again tonight!
That's lovely having all 3 keeping youall warm.
I love hearing the herd of elephants racing around the apartment.
Dress.warmly and keep warm. Hugs

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early for church...

will be going out right after I feed Artie and before I shower to see if my car will start; also warm it up.

It is -9 degrees out there right now

With the wind chill factored in, it is in -33 degrees!!!!

We broke a historical record for the lowest temps, ever!

Last year we broke the record for the most snowfall and last night we broke the record for dangerously lowest air temp; the last record was in  1937 and that was a -3....

The temp may go up to 3 degrees today, and int he 40's on Tuesday!  

Talk about global warming...climate change..extremes of things...

I turned the thermostat up to 70 degrees last night. I put it up to 72 when I woke up.. Once I get a chill from the cold, I find it very hard to warm up...

I do not plan on doing much of anything today.

Maybe a quick vacuum, wash some clothes, and put them away..

and make the super...have to use up the rest of the scallops from the other day.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early for church...
will be going out right after I feed Artie and before I shower to see if my car will start; also warm it up.

It is -9 degrees out there right now
With the wind chill factored in, it is in -33 degrees!!!!
We broke a historical record for the lowest temps, ever!

Last year we broke the record for the most snowfall and last night we broke the record for dangerously lowest air temp; the last record was in  1937 and that was a -3....

The temp may go up to 3 degrees today, and int he 40's on Tuesday!  
Talk about global warming...climate change..extremes of things...

I turned the thermostat up to 70 degrees last night. I put it up to 72 when I woke up.. Once I get a chill from the cold, I find it very hard to warm up...

I do not plan on doing much of anything today.
Maybe a quick vacuum, wash some clothes, and put them away..

and make the super...have to use up the rest of the scallops from the other day.
It was 22°F here today. Some winter!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking through "cat stuff" on Amazon, adding some stuff to my wish list, and came across this. I'm so tempted to get it, lol.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm looking through "cat stuff" on Amazon, adding some stuff to my wish list, and came across this. I'm so tempted to get it, lol.

Well, that is a most uh...unusual name for a chapstick.   Isn't the goal to actually SELL the merchandise?   

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lying in bed right now feeling useless.I. can't do anything. I'm lucky I have my ex here to help and do almost everything for me except very personal. Our relationship is very friends only.
Whisky stood on my sore knee.
Enough about me, I'll heal.

I put some pictures of the boys in today. I wish I had more kitties.

It's all very interesting today. No more energy.
Good night

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I'm lying in bed right now feeling useless.I. can't do anything. I'm lucky I have my ex here to help and do almost everything for me except very personal. Our relationship is very friends only.
Whisky stood on my sore knee.
Enough about me, I'll heal.

I put some pictures of the boys in today. I wish I had more kitties.

It's all very interesting today. No more energy.
Good night

You are not useless!  

Didn't you say you fell today? No wonder you can't do anything at the moment!  Pain and low energy days are the worst.

Also,  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been enjoying pictures of Whisky and Blighty today. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here sipping my coffee, and pondering what I need to do today. Both at work and at home. Have yet to look outside, wondering if it's snowing out. Hard to believe it's gonna be in the 50s by the end of the week. Talk about a heat wave!

I still remember a few years back, when we had very unseasonably warm weather in March. It was 80 degrees on St. Patrick's Day! Which happened to fall on a Saturday, so EVERYONE was out and about that evening.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering where I can find a Hello Kitty ice cream cake.  Today is Fluffy's Gotcha Day!  She arrived here last year as a foster kitten.

I better make sure there is room in the freezer first.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm wondering where I can find a Hello Kitty ice cream cake.  Today is Fluffy's Gotcha Day!  She arrived here last year as a foster kitten.

I better make sure there is room in the freezer first.
If you have a Wal Mart near you, they sell Carvel ice cream cakes by the bakery. They carry Hello Kitty ones. They are fairly small but so cute

Happy gotcha day Fluffy!!  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
This morning it was -10 in my truck at 6am. I didn't realize how cold it was until I felt my nose freeze and the pants freeze against my legs. I HATE this type of cold.

Even the cats didn't want to poke their noses outside=I allow them on my deck supervised and they usually just curl up in the sun. Not yesterday. It was I think 2? And last night the wind could be heard. I kept the furnace at 65, I often wake up sweating for some stupid reason so I don't keep it too hot.

We are supposed to get snow tonight then switch to rain. Hopefully this blows out to sea as I have to travel to the capital tomorrow. The cats spent most of the night tucked away in bed. They don't play as much lately. I think its the winter blues. One of them doesn't understand play. When she claws something make sure your hand is far away. otherwise ouch. She is the oldest one almost 17 and plays viciously. She loves biting the piece of ribbon I have, for an older cat she still runs around chasing her fuzzy toy rattle mice in the kitchen. Which I had hard floors in each room as that's the best play surface-then they run and jump onto the throw rugs and ride across the floor...and the elephant sounds are the best sounds next to purring....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking a break while waiting for the bed sheets to completely dry. The kitchen is spotless, as of right now, and I need a short break before starting in on any thing else.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lying here in terrible pain thinking how nice Margd is.
I'm feeling very sorry for myself and I know he's very worried.
Had to cancel my hair appointment and my ENT doctor appointment and may have to tell the children not to come on Friday evening. The boys are in the lounge being very quiet. Mmmmm!!!!
What are they planning. It's too early for them to go to sleep. I'd go and look if my back wasn't so painful.
Enjoy the rest of your day all of you.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to cancel my hair appointment and my ENT doctor appointment and may have to tell the children not to come on Friday evening. The boys are in the lounge being very quiet. Mmmmm!!!!
What are they planning. It's too early for them to go to sleep. I'd go and look if my back wasn't so painful.
He being my ex.

I have a question. Is it normal in America to induce labour on the due date if the baby hasn't come yet?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
 Blushing here.  (Thank you!)  

How horrible!   Friday is a long way away - surely you can get some relief from the pain by then?   I am always a big wuss when I hurt so I completely sympathize.  Back pain really takes it out of you, too.  Try to get some rest.  
  As for Whisky and Blighty, hopefully they are just snoozing 

and not 

!

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
He being my ex.

I have a question. Is it normal in America to induce labour on the due date if the baby hasn't come yet?
Both of my daughters's births were induced, but it was because my oldest was two weeks late and my youngest was one week late.  That was a long time ago, though.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He being my ex.

I'm sorry that you're in pain. I hope it gets better soon. 

On the due date? Not really unless it's a high risk pregnancy and the doctor thinks that it's for the best. 

Status
Not open for further replies.