The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Breaker tripped upstairs again. Water shut off, lady that lives up there and 20 year old kitty will be spending the night down here. It will probably still get pretty cold down here too since the cold air from upstairs will get sucked into the living room under the door. I can already feel it blowing in.

Fun night ahead!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breaker tripped upstairs again. Water shut off, lady that lives up there and 20 year old kitty will be spending the night down here. It will probably still get pretty cold down here too since the cold air from upstairs will get sucked into the living room under the door. I can already feel it blowing in.

Fun night ahead!
Roll some throw rugs, towels or an old blanket and put it under the door to keep the air from blowing through. Also, if you have a metal coffee can, some sand and some parafin hurricane candles, you can burn those and it will heat a large room. The heat from a candle reflects off the sand and metal can.  I keep a can of sand and candles in my car 'just in case' I ever get stuck somewhere. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Roll some throw rugs, towels or an old blanket and put it under the door to keep the air from blowing through. Also, if you have a metal coffee can, some sand and some parafin hurricane candles, you can burn those and it will heat a large room. The heat from a candle reflects off the sand and metal can.  I keep a can of sand and candles in my car 'just in case' I ever get stuck somewhere. 
Don't have any of that unfortunately, in terms of candles. We do have something to block the door with though. Thankfully the furnace is working down here *knock on wood*. It's supposed to get down to about 10 degrees tonight. Not a good night for this to happen!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i'm also just sitting right now. all three cats have had their around 6 pm snack, and i've had my dinner.

i might watch the second episode of season 2 of The Bletchley Circle on netflix this evening. really cool series, originally on PBS and about WW1 (women) code breakers but around the ten years after the war ended period of time -- these women use their skills in solving unusual murders. there are only two seasons of this show; that's all that were made. great show though! 

[/quote

I think I saw them. I love British programmes especially the war ones.
i watched through the end of the series -- all episodes that were made. great show, and really wish they were making new episodes.

i really enjoy the British programs set during the war too!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sitting on my bed between Chula and Paul while I flip back and forth between TCS and live blogging of the New Hampshire primary results.    Trump (R) and Sanders (D) won - it looks like the battle is over who comes in third on the Republican side.  (Kasich came in second.)

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking my coffee and freezing my butt off (even though we have heat down here). It's 32 upstairs (only! I'm amazed!) and when the lady that sleeps up there opened the door, Penelopy flew up there. She was upstairs in the cold for about 15 minutes before deciding she wanted to come back down. Silly girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Painting my nails and catching up on here. Winter is the only time of the year I have decent fingernails. No gardening or yard work. :nod:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Working on a few projects and emails to my state government. Trying to google all the background information pertaining to a bill that's getting voted on tomorrow. Hard to come up with snappy one liners without sending emails with four/five paragraphs...maybe I should run for Representative. We have 400 people in the reps in NH..why do we need all these people?!  Too cold outside still..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just got into work. We got enough snow overnight and into this morning to make the roads a bit of a bugger. I ended up in a line of about 30 cars on the main highway this morning before I couldn't deal with it anymore and got into the passing lane, sped up just a little bit, and got away from them....the road was not that bad, that somebody had to drive 35 mph! If people can't drive in the snow, then stay home. They're a menace to everybody else!

So I'm drinking my morning coffee and have just opened InDesign on my computer to see where I'm at with Chapter 4 of our document.

For once, it's toasty in my office. I hope it stays that way as it's just frigidly-cold outside this morning. Between the snow and the wind, it's nasty.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Got up a bit earlier so I can be ready early when the superintendent arrives to replace a light cover.

Today is my training for the humane society, at Petsmart. 

Have to be there at 10am!

There are a couple of shifts open this weekend. I may take one of them...possibly Saturday afternoon.

I am a germ freak when it comes to some things.. As soon as I enter my apartment, I plan to dump my clothes in the washer, (right next to the door), and jump into the shower....I do not want to take anything home....

Artie has enough issues..anyway, that is what my Vet suggested. She used to do the same thing when she was volunteering her services for a spay/neuter clinic.

The rest of the day, I have no plans....

I will not get home until very early afternoon.

gotta go

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Eating lunch that has not cooled enough and burning myself... And yet I keep doing it lol. Have a meeting in less than half an hour so trying to finish. Need to remember to stop at CVS on the way home to pick up my meds, then at Jewel for some shredded cheese. Oh, and someone remind me later that I have a cat story to tell later lol.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I've been following the live feed of the surrender of the last four holdouts at the wildlife refuge in Oregon.  Whew!    Despite some high drama towards the end, it all ended peacefully.   

Please ignore mess in background!  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Chula is so beautiful!  what mess? That looks like my 'normal'......

resting after a busy morning training at the adoption center in PetSmart, for the humane society. 

I think I am going to pick up an open shift on Saturday afternoon..just this one time. I will be a fill-in person. 

Came home, clothes went into washer immediately and I took a shower...now relaxing....

who knows about supper...

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to calm my racing heart.  I was just outside walking Eclipse.  He was up on the fence and 3 or 4 birds flew by (buzzing us) and landed in the bush on the other side of the fence about 8 feet down from us.  Eclipse tried to run but with me on the other end could only walk fast.  Got to the bush with me squawking to scare the birds away and get Kim to come out and help.  Eclipse finally gets to the bush sticks his head in and comes out with a bird in his mouth!  He came down from the fence with the bird still in his mouth.  Kim managed to pry his mouth open and the bird tried to move away only to be caught with a cat paw,  the bird was finally able to escape to another bush.  A very disgruntled and confused Eclipse was carried into the house.  He was last seen in the tent staring  at the bush the bird escaped to.

Status
Not open for further replies.