The Positive Thread - 2024

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a gorgeous day in South Florida- it's cold( for us) at 55 degrees but the sun is so bright that the house is warm with it shining through the glass doors out back

My Cousin just called to say Happy New Year and it's actually quiet & serene today- my 5 wonderful kitties and I can enjoy the Peace together

Happy New Year Everyone!
Oops! Just realized I somehow posted twice. Moderators please delete this if you can I’m so sorry I don’t know how to delete it 🤦🏼‍♀️

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a gorgeous day in South Florida- it's cold( for us) at 55 degrees but the sun is so bright that the house is warm with it shining through the glass doors out back

My Cousin just called to say Happy New Year and it's actually quiet & serene today- my 5 wonderful kitties and I can enjoy the Peace together

Happy New Year Everyone!
This reminded me of one year we took our kids to Disney. They were wearing sweatshirts. The locals were in winter hats and gloves. It was 50 degrees. One employee asked me “aren’t you cold?” We are from the northeast and had literally outrun a blizzard to get there. 50 was a glorious welcome relief! 🌼 I love visiting Florida in the winter 🥰

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found some grape hyacinth blooming in a planter I left out over winter. 💜💜💜
IMG_5818.jpeg

This reminded me of one year we took our kids to Disney. They were wearing sweatshirts. The locals were in winter hats and gloves. It was 50 degrees. One employee asked me “aren’t you cold?” We are from the northeast and had literally outrun a blizzard to get there. 50 was a glorious welcome relief! 🌼 I love visiting Florida in the winter 🥰
I remember going to a waterpark as a kid living in the northeast. My friend i went with had company visiting from Arizona. They were MISERABLE. The poor girl was blue with chattering teeth. Meanwhile I was ready to go go go! :lol:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found some grape hyacinth blooming in a planter I left out over winter. 💜💜💜
View attachment 470533

I remember going to a waterpark as a kid living in the northeast. My friend i went with had company visiting from Arizona. They were MISERABLE. The poor girl was blue with chattering teeth. Meanwhile I was ready to go go go! :lol:
Those are beautiful blooms!
I loved swimming in the summertime as a kid. In the Spring, swimming in 60 degree water was nothing but in the fall (after we were used to the water being VERY warm), 60 degrees was TOO cold!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are beautiful blooms!
I loved swimming in the summertime as a kid. In the Spring, swimming in 60 degree water was nothing but in the fall (after we were used to the water being VERY warm), 60 degrees was TOO cold!
Its funny because back then it was no big deal and even super exciting after a long snowy winter. But now?? Not happening!! :lol:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just love LIvvie!! She is such a sweet girl..----- I love Papillions.. they seem to be my favorite breed...
Mine too. ;) They are SO cat like in so many ways, and very cliquey. All my Paps I've ever had loved cats, and seemed to prefer them over other dogs. They fit in very well here!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine too. ;) They are SO cat like in so many ways, and very cliquey. All my Paps I've ever had loved cats, and seemed to prefer them over other dogs. They fit in very well here!
Well,they are not dogs,thats why- it's a wonderful species called puppycats,they are quite rare❤❤❤❤❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the girls to the dentist Wednesday afternoon and J did soooooo good. She let them use the spinny toothbrush (first time she's allowed that) and everything.

M screamed when they tried to look in her mouth, but we can't have everything.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ran into a couple stores this morning and one had potted mini roses for $3.99 so I brought home 2! A nice deep red and a pink just a few shades darker than bubble gum. :redheartpump:

My bestie’s birthday is next week. I should have gotten her a red too. After I picked out mine there were enough ladies around that table that I don’t think I can go back for another. :lol:

I’m also restocked on snacks. :paperbag::anticipation:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two positives in a single day, both cat related. Positive #1 - I woke up early morning feeling Willow kneading in my back, a short while later felt her actually sleeping pushed against me. First time for both in her nearly 13 years with me.

Positive #2. Willow and Lola both have free range during most of the day but Willow pretty much hides from Lola in the closet due to Lola’s tendency to threaten or try to slap her. Today though Willow was sleeping on my bed and Lola jumped up, getting within a foot of her. Several hisses from Willow and a single meow threat from Lola and then Lola just sat there for a bit before leaving. Not friends but no longer mortal enemies either. And its only taken 2.5 years.

Last edited: