The Positive Thread - 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
gf was ok with me adding a box of otter pops and big stix popsicles to our grocery list :lol:
DD used to pilfer ice pops off DH regularly when she was little. He still likes to sneak things in but it's not usually fun stuff anymore. :disappointed: I came home with THIRTY-SIX eggs a couple weeks ago. Apparently he and DS were both on an egg kick so he felt we needed that many. (They did get eaten in a reasonable time.) I thought we had accidentally ordered 2 or something but nope...intentional. :rolleyes2:

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles It's lovely to have birds in the garden! I never tire of watching them. Mum and I keep our plants' seedheads on after they've finished flowering to give the birds a natural snack in the autumn.

I've been busy in the garden. Discovered both the waterlilies in the pond I dug last year survived the winter, the native plants I put in around the edges are flowering, and another plant that naturally colonised has been attracting little red-brown bees. We have a pair of wagtails who visit the pond every day. I'm adding more pollinator plants to the rose bed I dug last autumn, and Dad's made space for two more rose bushes which shipped today!:jive: Can't wait to see how it'll look in the summer.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mum and I keep our plants' seedheads on after they've finished flowering to give the birds a natural snack in the autumn
I have been growing tall sunflowers to reach in front of my kitchen window. The finches will come perch right on top. :redheartpump: I put in some coneflower last year. It hasn’t come back yet so I’m a little concerned it didn’t take. I am working on turning my raised beds into flower beds this year. :clap:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Rue had a rocky start when we first adopted her… We didn’t know if she’d make it or not. Today we celebrate a healthy girl and her first birthday! 🥳
A very Happy and Healthy 1st Birthday to Rue! :bday::celebrate::party3: You may want to post her special day in our Feline Birthday/Gotcha Day thread here :2024 Feline Birthday & Gotcha Day!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
While mowing the lawn yesterday DH found a blue egg on the ground near a bush. I'm pretty sure it's a robin's egg. We thought the nest must be nearby but didn't see it in a tree. Sure enough it was set back in one of the evergreen bushes with the mother nestled on top.

IMG_2341.jpeg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got the call up to transport my very first TNR kitty (in May, no less, I don’t know how they store the kitties that far in advance). I had my choice of 1 very friendly kitty or SIX! Since it’s my first time, and I have a pickup, guess which one I chose? :lol: I hope I do this right. The thought that I am making this cat’s life happier and leaving less future cats in the wild is very uplifting to me. I would have chosen six, but don’t think 6 yowling kitties in a pickup truck could be very soothing for them.