2024 Feline Birthday & Gotcha Day!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm starting a new BIRTHDAY/GOTCHA Day thread for all our wonderful cats who are celebrating their special day. :celebrate: 🥳 :party3:

Beginning January 1, 2024 please post your cat's Birthday or Gotcha Day here so we can send our best wishes to them. Please feel free to tell us a little something about your cat and post a pic or two if you would like. Looking forward to a New Year with many wonderful birthday celebrations.
:bday:

Who is going to be the lucky first Birthday/Gotcha Day cat of the year? 🏆

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy birthday(ish), Ozzy! We adopted Ozzy from the SPCA and know that he was born sometime in January of 2010 so we picked January 1 to celebrate. We call him our Zen kitty--he's managed to adapt to and befriend every other kitty we've brought in over the years with his gentle giant (18 lbs. of it!) attitude. He's a sweet old boy of 14 now.

Ozzy in 2010:
Ozzy on a leash.jpg

IMG_1616.JPG

Ozzy a few days ago with our new girl, 14 year old Mowie:
IMG_3038.JPG

IMG_3064.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day to tabbyman, Elvis! He's a lovely shade of blue cream. :tabbycat: Hope he enjoys his special day.:banana1::dazzler::banana2:

Happy Gotcha Day to a handsome zen kitty, Ozzy! :celebrate: He's a big but gentle boy at 18 lbs.:beerchug:

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's Tux's 10th birthday today (or at least the day I chose for it), he was caught as a feral at around 9 months old. He has come a long way since then and still only really trusts me, but will accept my husband if he is feeding him. :lol: He is very food motivated, all I have to do is ask if he wants food (lunch, dinner, treats) and he comes running meowing and licking his lips. I can pet him sometimes, like when he is eating, but will normally back away and say "no" after a few pets. I can also pick him up if I have to, but he doesn't like it, as well as brush him and even give him meds when needed once caught. He is a lover not a fighter, and will try everything he can to not to hurt you, only using his claws as a last resort, and would rather just leave the room then get into a fight with the other cats.

TuxBirthday.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Tux's 10th birthday today (or at least the day I chose for it), he was caught as a feral at around 9 months old. He has come a long way since then and still only really trusts me, but will accept my husband if he is feeding him. :lol: He is very food motivated, all I have to do is ask if he wants food (lunch, dinner, treats) and he comes running meowing and licking his lips. I can pet him sometimes, like when he is eating, but will normally back away and say "no" after a few pets. I can also pick him up if I have to, but he doesn't like it, as well as brush him and even give him meds when needed once caught. He is a lover not a fighter, and will try everything he can to not to hurt you, only using his claws as a last resort, and would rather just leave the room then get into a fight with the other cats.

View attachment 467546
Happy Big TENTH PURRthday, handsome Tux! You are truly a wonderful mancatto. Enjoy your Day in best health, safety, comfort, best care, and LOVE!:bday::party2::gift::party:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy 10th Birthday/Gotcha Day to Tux! :party3::celebrate::jive: He's a lucky feral you rescued at 9 months old.🤗

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! Today's my first birthday!!! :wavey::wavey::celebrate::celebrate:

Billy is now one year old. We don't know exactly but ours and the vet's best guess is that he was born between March 11th and the 19th; we decided to split the difference and set his birthday on the 15th. We're thinking to do a BBQ this weekend to comemorate- most expect a cake on their birthday, Billy gets some red meat :woohoo:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!! Today's my first birthday!!! :wavey::wavey::celebrate::celebrate:

Billy is now one year old. We don't know exactly but ours and the vet's best guess is that he was born between March 11th and the 19th; we decided to split the difference and set his birthday on the 15th. We're thinking to do a BBQ this weekend to comemorate- most expect a cake on their birthday, Billy gets some red meat :woohoo:
Billy DESERVES some red meat! Happy Big FIRST PURRthday, Billy! Enjoy your Day, and many, many more, in safety, good health, comfort, best care, and LOVE!:bday::party3::party::gift:🥩

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy 1st Birthday to Billy! :banana1::bday::party2: I hope he enjoys his BBQ treat too.