The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Speaking of hockey and the Stanley Cup, the Colorado Avalanche are out this year. It's really hard to repeat 😔

All the chores are done, the cat is asleep in his cat tree, and we've sat down with lunch to watch baseball. It's all good 👍

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to YouTube videos I was able to change the cabin air filter on my car this morning. The filter is tucked behind the glove compartment so it was mostly learning what levers I had to push or move to access it and how to put it back together again. I knew it was really needed and the dealer charged a ridiculous amount to do it.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got myself 3 THREE!! new pairs of shoes today. I have lived in casual shoes since becoming a mom +10 years ago. None of my old ones fit. I bought a dress for our upcoming wedding anniversary so I needed something dressy. Plus I’m feeling frumpy lately and over it. I was hoping for some with a bit of a heel or wedge and I found that. They were BOGO half off so I ended up with a casual pair of sandals that can go with sundresses or shorts. The other pair weren’t part of the BOGO sale but felt good and I loved them so I got them too. They weren’t expensive either so that helped.

Oh I orders some basic makeup too. I don’t know ifI even have a makeup bag anymore. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to YouTube videos I was able to change the cabin air filter on my car this morning. The filter is tucked behind the glove compartment so it was mostly learning what levers I had to push or move to access it and how to put it back together again. I knew it was really needed and the dealer charged a ridiculous amount to do it.
That sounds complicated. I could change the air filter but I didn't even know what a cabin filter was. The first time Jiffy Lube told me I needed a new one and it was going to cost $30.00 I thought they were trying to cheat me.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good day yesterday for Denver sports. The Rockies won, and the Nuggets are headed to the finals against the Miami Heat basketball team :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds complicated. I could change the air filter but I didn't even know what a cabin filter was. The first time Jiffy Lube told me I needed a new one and it was going to cost $30.00 I thought they were trying to cheat me.
Me too, on my previous car. When they pulled the filter out it was embarrassing because it was just packed with leaves and dust! I think I had driven the car for a few years at that point. But after that visit I learned how to do it myself.

It actually isn’t hard once you know where the levers are. I had to fiddle with them this time, and watch the video a couple times but next time it will be easy. My dealer charged $89 to do it, so good incentive to learn.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH found a video for ours too because it smells musty briefly every time you turn on the air or heat! He also fixed our trunk latch that was going to cost an insane amount to fix. Being able to find help online has saved us many times over the years!

A few years ago my mom took her car to the dealership for an oil change and the guy came back in to show her how dirty the air filter was. I don’t remember the price but it wasn’t cheap so she declined. That night she told my stepdad (jet mechanic by trade, gearhead at heart) so he went and popped it out and came back in with a pretty clean looking one. The dealership had shown her someone elses! :nono: Id like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they meant to show it to someone else; but if they really tried to pull one over on her they chose the wrong person! And she let the manager know too. :thumbsup:Mom hasn’t always been bold enough to do that. No one messes with my stepdad. He must be rubbing off on her.:thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
DH found a video for ours too because it smells musty briefly every time you turn on the air or heat! He also fixed our trunk latch that was going to cost an insane amount to fix. Being able to find help online has saved us many times over the years!
I cannot follow written instructions and diagrams very well. That part of my brain seems to have a chunk missing, so videos are my savior when it comes to repairs or assembling things.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot follow written instructions and diagrams very well. That part of my brain seems to have a chunk missing, so videos are my savior when it comes to repairs or assembling things.
Some things you really need to SEE to understand! I need to do step by step to learn math. Talking or demonstrating on a board and you might as well be speaking Klingon or something.

Its a shame I didn’t figure thatout until college. But once I did; man it did wonders for how I saw myself academically! Its one of the big factors in choosing to homeschool my kids.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My husband's cousin came in from Denver for a visit. We spent the day together in the city near her hotel and one of the places we took her to was the Elks National Memorial Headquarters. It dates back to 1924 and is an architecturally stunning building. I had never been there before but was blown away by the interior.

IMG_1933.jpeg IMG_1938.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.