The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly didn't think people do that anymore. Even when I was nursing my children in public which was quite awhile ago I never had anyone say something offensive to me. I'm sorry if you experienced a negative reaction. :mommy:

My positive is we went to check out some open houses today. 🏡 I'd love to move closer to the city but the one drawback is I'd have to change doctors and my vet.
Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to suggest I'd gotten a negative reaction. I thankfully never have. I just meant to say if someone was going to make a comment, I'm glad it was positive rather than negative. I'm sure there are people that would.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I took the very old and crumbling top off of my garage workbench so I could replace it. It was glued, nailed and screwed on so it was a challenge. It took using an oscillating saw, a circular saw, a reciprocal saw, a drill and several chisels but I got it done all by myself and it was so much fun!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted a positive comment so thought I better catch up today. We took Carleton to the vet for a nail trim. I can't do it myself because his paws are extremely sensitive. Our previous vet told us it's probably due to him standing in a wire cage when he was kept at the hoarder with 22 other Persians. 😿 But my positive is he only hissed at the vet tech once.:thumbsup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, not to jinx this 🤞👍, but the Colorado Rockies are winning! Spring training looked great, but then in April they looked a lot like they have these past couple seasons--just awful because the pitching was terrible, and now suddenly we have relief and closing pitchers who are seriously getting the job done ⚾ :happycat:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
had both cataracts removed, and finally ordered my new glasses yesterday!! had my first appt back in December but the surgeries had to be rescheduled because of the fall I had in January. My vision is so good now that I think I will only need them for reading. Even my color blindness has improved.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
had both cataracts removed, and finally ordered my new glasses yesterday!! had my first appt back in December but the surgeries had to be rescheduled because of the fall I had in January. My vision is so good now that I think I will only need them for reading. Even my color blindness has improved.
Congratulations!!!! I have a cataract but informed it can’t be removed for a decade til it’s bigger. that IS a milestone.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad is visiting me today for Mother’s Day. Or on the way home from visiting his inlaws for mother’s day. Or both :lol:

DD made me homemade fudge!
CA0B9BB0-1982-43DD-BA61-A41ADBC0EE7B.jpeg

There’s also white chocolate and marbled. She stayed home to make it while I was at a conference yesterday. I told her no baking half joking. This only needed the microwave. :lol:

Now do I have to share?😇

(Don’t worry; I will because theres a lot!)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My youngest surprised me with a gift card to my favorite independent coffee shop for Mother's Day. Every time she calls I seem to be there so she knew the perfect gift. :touched: My oldest bought tickets for us to go to an art installation event in the city that incorporates the music of a legendary composer and symphonic orchestra with footage of a famous ballet performer. We're both looking forward to it.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Someone must be feeding the Burmese dropped from an SUV last wk - it looks happy & fat, but still won't come to the door (probably smells my Echo). At least there is a woody area across from me and lots of other oldies who are probably leaving food out! Horrified when I saw it happen but could do nothing at the time. What is WRONG with people?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is WRONG with people?
It seems like the divide between those of us who are like us, and those who aren't, is growing, or something.

On another subject, when I commented in this thread earlier about the Colorado Rockies and their state of play being better, I did jinx it :( although the Philadelphia Phillies are a pretty good team. On the flip side, the Rockies are hanging in there ⚾

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
the Blue Jays are gonna win again this year!
Since the Rockies won't be contenders (which is sort of ok, I just want decent baseball to watch at this stage of things for them) I'll for sure be rooting for the Jays Woohoo (although the Tampa Bay Rays are looking very good so far!)

We got five inches of rain this past week, which on the one hand is quite a positive even though it's causing some headaches for homeowners with leaky roofs and basements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.