The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Some things you really need to SEE to understand! I need to do step by step to learn math. Talking or demonstrating on a board and you might as well be speaking Klingon or something.

Its a shame I didn’t figure thatout until college. But once I did; man it did wonders for how I saw myself academically! Its one of the big factors in choosing to homeschool my kids.
The quadratic equation is permanently stuck in my head from high school & I’ve never once used it. It’s taking up space that could be used to learn how to change my cabin filter.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a little visitor this morning. I was working in the garage and a sparrow decided to join me for well over an hour. He perched on the handles of the lawn mower, maybe 20 feet away from me while worked on the other side of the garage. I walked back and forth in front of him a half dozen times as I swept and took out trash and he didn’t move or seem to care. When I was finishing up I had to get him out and I was starting to get worried he was injured. I thought I would try to get to move on to the dust pan so I could carry him out but when I got to within a few inches of him he flew out without any problems.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all know I love my birds,particularly my woodpeckers.This morning I got to witness something so darn sweet I had to share.I have noticed for a few weeks now that these guys are eating me out of house and home with the suet...one whole block every day...so this morning it looked like there was a standoff ...a male red belly,a male hairy and a female hairy.The female just stayed in one place while the 2 males argued back and forth,and the red belly left.This male hairy started to feed the female,and she was gobbling it down as fast as he could get it to her.I know they feed their mates during that season,but that's over with and many are feeding their young. I think that's what he was doing was feeding his daughter.How cool!She finally flew off,and he stuffed his beak as much as he could hold and flew off in the same direction.It was quite a sight to see!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You all know I love my birds,particularly my woodpeckers.This morning I got to witness something so darn sweet I had to share.I have noticed for a few weeks now that these guys are eating me out of house and home with the suet...one whole block every day...so this morning it looked like there was a standoff ...a male red belly,a male hairy and a female hairy.The female just stayed in one place while the 2 males argued back and forth,and the red belly left.This male hairy started to feed the female,and she was gobbling it down as fast as he could get it to her.I know they feed their mates during that season,but that's over with and many are feeding their young. I think that's what he was doing was feeding his daughter.How cool!She finally flew off,and he stuffed his beak as much as he could hold and flew off in the same direction.It was quite a sight to see!
So sweet. Yes, I think he was feeding his daughter. Cardinals do the same thing, feed their offspring for some time after they leave the nest.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of birds but I do like the Cardinals. I used to give peanuts to the squirrels and the Cardinals and Blue Jays would also help themselves to the nuts. One morning I saw a male Cardinal
take a nut up to the deck railing and feed it to a female Cardinal. That was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. Both the male and female Cardinals are beatuiful birds

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of birds but I do like the Cardinals. I used to give peanuts to the squirrels and the Cardinals and Blue Jays would also help themselves to the nuts. One morning I saw a male Cardinal
take a nut up to the deck railing and feed it to a female Cardinal. That was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. Both the male and female Cardinals are beatuiful birds
I love them too. Cardinals stay here in winter and I love to see that beautiful red against the white snow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my backyard birds. Whenever I’m starting to get stressed or overwhelmed with school or just life I look outside at my feeders, birdbath and the houses and it makes me happy. I can’t see the activity in the houses as much but still.

I do see cardinal families come together. Its fun to see generations like that.:redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Speaking of birds I made a huge mistake. :eek2: While spending the afternoon planting my annuals I moved one of the birdhouses to a different spot in the yard because I thought it was empty. Boy was I ever wrong. The bird was confused, he or she, kept going in and out of the other birdhouse looking for the nest. I immediately realized what happened and moved the birdhouse back to it's original spot. I learned my lesson and will never do that again.:nono: My positive is I finished planting all my annuals and the birds are one big happy family again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a proper wedding band again. :redheartpump: My fingers never returned to their normal size after DS was born so I’ve been wearing a silicone ring for years. But as someone who daily wore 5 rings on my fingers and 2 on my toes. And dreamed about becoming a jeweler if only my hands were more steady… I missed it. My original ring isn’t able to be resized without risking the stones so I’ve worn it on a chain. Which also needed repair…

Our 20th anniversary is next week and the ring I’d seen online was 50% off!! That’s significant enough to feel like it was time to go for it. It feels so good to have a proper ring again. Its just a symbol; but it matters to me.:agree:

DH needed his band resized too. So it was a good time. And I guess with the price of gold; a plain band costs about as much as something with a design. None of those were on sale. So any way we look at it; I’m glad it was finally time.

Status
Not open for further replies.