The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had been eyeing some muslin blankets that kept coming up in ads online a while back but they were so expensive! So I tried Amazon with mixed reviews and never really settled on anything I absolutely wanted to spend money on.

The other morning I woke up to a notification that there was a deal on one I’d saved all that time ago and I remembered I still had a gift card I saved after Christmas. It was half the price of the ones I originally saw and the gift card more than covered it.

I just took my Sunday nap under my new blanket and I’m pretty happy! It could be softer but reviews said it gets better with time. I get hot on the couch especially but I love to be under a blanket; so I’m looking forward to trying it there with Mooch. I’ve already told my kids they can’t steal it! DS totally would! :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been eyeing some muslin blankets that kept coming up in ads online a while back but they were so expensive! So I tried Amazon with mixed reviews and never really settled on anything I absolutely wanted to spend money on.

The other morning I woke up to a notification that there was a deal on one I’d saved all that time ago and I remembered I still had a gift card I saved after Christmas. It was half the price of the ones I originally saw and the gift card more than covered it.

I just took my Sunday nap under my new blanket and I’m pretty happy! It could be softer but reviews said it gets better with time. I get hot on the couch especially but I love to be under a blanket; so I’m looking forward to trying it there with Mooch. I’ve already told my kids they can’t steal it! DS totally would! :lol:
I bought a gauze, similar to muslim, blanket from Walmart this year. I had bought a gauze throw for my sofa last summer and just loved it so I thought I would also buy a blanket for my bed. I like that it is light but warm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I had 2 dreams with Noodles in them. I remember feeling her fur and everything. This morning I went out to check my flowers and found this beauty on her yellow rose bush DH and I planted for her. Its on the fence side and I hadn’t even seen buds the other day when I was out there. 💛 It kind of makes me miss her. A little bittersweet after the dreams being so vivid; but I’ll enjoy that sweetness. If I’m right; the girls’ Gotcha Day was 18 years ago yesterday!

71B05F64-2E42-47C5-B8C2-46519C7A1286.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dental cleaning visit this morning. Always a source of anxiety because I have needed so much dental work in the past. Second year in a row that I have needed NOTHING!
I understand your feeling about the anxiety of going to the dentist all too well. Even a dental cleaning makes me nervous because I'm afraid they'll find something wrong. But good for you, two years without needing any treatment is amazing. :woo:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had 2 dreams with Noodles in them. I remember feeling her fur and everything. This morning I went out to check my flowers and found this beauty on her yellow rose bush DH and I planted for her. Its on the fence side and I hadn’t even seen buds the other day when I was out there. 💛 It kind of makes me miss her. A little bittersweet after the dreams being so vivid; but I’ll enjoy that sweetness. If I’m right; the girls’ Gotcha Day was 18 years ago yesterday!

View attachment 448453
Of all of the cats I have had over the years my dearest Murphy is the only one that shows up in my dreams. I do love those dreams because they feel so real and I get to see and hold her again.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy regarding baseball, I don't know if you follow major league teams other than the Senators who are now the Minnesota Twins, but in regards to the Colorado Rockies who have an owner who absolutely will not spend any money to get decent pitching;

"Good pitching beats good batting every time". Casey Stengel, Joe Morgan et al

The Cleveland Guardians (were named the Indians), American League Division Champions in 2022

Rockies, currently beating the heck out of the Guardians including a shut-out (for those who don't know/follow, a shutout is a game where the opposing team doesn't get any points at all) :thumbsup: ...and you just know I've probably jinxed it for today's game lol but at least we swept the series

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Postives:
* Played Corn Hole-- I stunk. My opponent was a good match for me!! We were close, but I won!

* Had recertification appointment. It was so easy. They decided to make it much easier for us!! I still had all the financial information copied and available for them~~~ all but medical. That is due later int he month. I will work on it this weekend.

*Asked some questions and got great answers!! I was expecting a dire answer; but, I was so pleasantly surprised!! I could not believe it... I was so relieved walking out of the office!! I was actually smiling!!

Now, to see what my new rent will be in September. It is based on income with a percentage of medical deducted from your rent.

I cannot believe I was so wrong with my assumptions!! Hooray!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went into Kohls looking for jeans and a few tops. I came out with tshirt, ivory blouse, blue knit top, and get this … a DRESS! :banana2:

I was texting pictures to DD and my BFF from the dressing room.:lol:

I’m also slightly happy to tell you that the skinny jeans that fit my waist are loose in the calf and thigh. Jeans will have to wait. I’m just thrilled to have some nicer looking things to wear. Casual, dressy, and in the middle. My 20th wedding anniversary is next month so I’ve been wanting something nicer to wear than my usual jeans and tshirt look.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in our driveway yesterday and a neighbor that I hadn't really met in our three years of living here came over and asked if we'd just had a baby and gave us some homemade blueberry scones. Super delicious!

We're currently playing at a library due to needing to get out of the house on a rainy day and some lady randomly congratulated me on the "achievement" of breastfeeding. It's like no big deal to me now, so it seemed weird to congratulate me, but it was nice and better than being told off for feeding my child in public.

Furrywurrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of all of the cats I have had over the years my dearest Murphy is the only one that shows up in my dreams. I do love those dreams because they feel so real and I get to see and hold her again.
I dreamed last night that my boy smeagol who passed in February met our new little guy Gollum. He approved of him. I know it’s silly but it made me happy to think he was ok with us having someone new in his house.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's like no big deal to me now, so it seemed weird to congratulate me, but it was nice and better than being told off for feeding my child in public.
I honestly didn't think people do that anymore. Even when I was nursing my children in public which was quite awhile ago I never had anyone say something offensive to me. I'm sorry if you experienced a negative reaction. :mommy:

My positive is we went to check out some open houses today. 🏡 I'd love to move closer to the city but the one drawback is I'd have to change doctors and my vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.