The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Willow and Lola nose touching this morning for a second before Willow gave out a soft hiss and headed to the basement. Still not the slightest reaction from Lola. I was so worried about taking Lola because at my mom’s she was so unpredictable and would bite if you came near her or she was in a bad mood. Here she has been an entirely different cat, sweet and mellow. Such a gift for both her and I.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few minutes ago there was a robin in our bird bath just sitting in the water cooling his fanny. :lol:

I guess it is hot today! :lol:
Not sure where you live, but have you heard about the bird disease? My son told me about it because he had some sick birds on his porch and called the wildlife officer in our area. He told my son about some bird disease and advised him to take down his feeders and birdbaths to keep the birds from clustering together at them. He was pretty upset about having to do that!

As for my positive, there is a good chance that I am going to at least start the kitchen floor today! Hobbit is going to visit his aunt on his father's side. (She likes to cancel or have us get him early, so I am preparing for that.)

Also, I was at the Restore yesterday looking for a long handle for the paint roller and found a rather fun mug that I am either giving to my son or to my son's best friend for Twelfth Night. I got it for $2, but I guess it is worth a lot more than that.

20210729_220501.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure where you live, but have you heard about the bird disease? My son told me about it because he had some sick birds on his porch and called the wildlife officer in our area. He told my son about some bird disease and advised him to take down his feeders and birdbaths to keep the birds from clustering together at them. He was pretty upset about having to do that

It's a mystery disease that is affecting birds. Bird experts are stumped. There's a thread with more info and what to do if you find sick or dead birds: Birds mid-Atlantic area illness Taking down feeders, bird baths, etc and disinfecting them is the best thing one can do right now to prevent the spread of whatever disease is affecting the birds.

I went on another 🎯 run this morning. The store opens at 7am and it's nice to shop early without the crowds :agree: I picked up two more of the same bath sheets I bought last week. I really like the soft cushy texture.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took daredevil baby on a walk to get a break from her pulling herself up on everything and we passed the fairy garden, which seems to have some new additions.
0731211843a.jpg

0731211843.jpg

J's too young to appreciate it now, but I hope she likes noticing all the little changes when she's older. I love having a fairy garden a few blocks from home.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today did not go anywhere close to how I was hoping. While Hobbit was with his aunt at the park, he fell and hurt his leg. He has what they call an occult fracture (a fracture that is difficult to see on X-rays) and has to wear a cast for at least three weeks. Do not let that smile fool you, he cried a lot and only stopped because he really likes the shoe he has to wear. Since the ER closest to us is pretty small, they sent us to Akron Children's Hospital. Excluding the drive time between the two hospitals, we spent more than nine hours at the hospital. I know it is not really positive, but that sweet face brings such joy!

20210731_222602.jpg 20210731_222603.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today did not go anywhere close to how I was hoping. While Hobbit was with his aunt at the park, he fell and hurt his leg. He has what they call an occult fracture (a fracture that is difficult to see on X-rays) and has to wear a cast for at least three weeks. Do not let that smile fool you, he cried a lot and only stopped because he really likes the shoe he has to wear. Since the ER closest to us is pretty small, they sent us to Akron Children's Hospital. Excluding the drive time between the two hospitals, we spent more than nine hours at the hospital. I know it is not really positive, but that sweet face brings such joy!

View attachment 389997View attachment 389998
I feel like I see my future here...

Glad you're home and he's happier now. That smile could light up a room. :heartshape:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 389997View attachment 389998
He is such an angel!!! SO it's his lower leg that is injured? Ge well soon, darling boy!!💖

1627904089222.png

Status
Not open for further replies.