The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A thunderstorm work me at 6:00 - our first real rain in at least a month. Two hours later it is still raining, which is so needed.
:yeah: We had a storm in the middle of the night and, as you said, it was so needed. I skipped watering yesterday because it was so hot and muggy but when the storm woke me up I didn't feel guilty.

Another oppressive humid day today with high temps but planning to go to a new smoothie place that got good reviews so I'm looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
[
Thinking about cooler weather to come, I went shopping today at Macy’s looking for some T-shirts with 3/4 sleeves that I really needed. They had just the ones I wanted at a great price but none in my size. But I could order and have them shipped and by applying some available discounts I was able to order the four I wanted for $42 total including shipping.
love 3/4 length shirts. I've bought some from E-Bay for about $10.00 bucks

So cute that Willow and Lola hang out. Miss Willow is letting Lola know she is the boss, yeah?
Could we see a pic of them? Willow is so much nicer to Lola than my Kirsten girl was to Cal when
she moved herself in. Kirs would stalk her, wouldn't let her use litter box w/o hovering over her and hissing.
She would hide in the corner in the downstairs bathroom and smack her when she walked by. My Nikki had
passed away the previous September and Kirs was brokenhearted, so I guess she liked being bossy to Cal.
This went on a long time. Cal moved in during the beastly hot summer of 2013, in July. During the winter she
She would sleep under the covers out of harm's way. So funny to see the bed made with a big lump in the center.
Kirs would get on the bed and sniff her but leave her alone. Then one, cool morning in October of 2014 my
aide and I were siting on the deck. My aide put her scarf around Kirs's neck. Cal was on one chair and Kirssie
was on he oher. Aide said, "Don't make big deal but look at Kirs and Cal." Kirs had jumped onto Cal's chair and
was snuggling. Cal's eye's were huge!!! So it took14 months but then Kirs loved her.💖

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
[

love 3/4 length shirts. I've bought some from E-Bay for about $10.00 bucks

So cute that Willow and Lola hang out. Miss Willow is letting Lola know she is the boss, yeah?
Could we see a pic of them? Willow is so much nicer to Lola than my Kirsten girl was to Cal when
she moved herself in. Kirs would stalk her, wouldn't let her use litter box w/o hovering over her and hissing.
She would hide in the corner in the downstairs bathroom and smack her when she walked by. My Nikki had
passed away the previous September and Kirs was brokenhearted, so I guess she liked being bossy to Cal.
This went on a long time. Cal moved in during the beastly hot summer of 2013, in July. During the winter she
She would sleep under the covers out of harm's way. So funny to see the bed made with a big lump in the center.
Kirs would get on the bed and sniff her but leave her alone. Then one, cool morning in October of 2014 my
aide and I were siting on the deck. My aide put her scarf around Kirs's neck. Cal was on one chair and Kirssie
was on he oher. Aide said, "Don't make big deal but look at Kirs and Cal." Kirs had jumped onto Cal's chair and
was snuggling. Cal's eye's were huge!!! So it took14 months but then Kirs loved her.💖
I posted a pic of the two the other day on the “What’s on Your mind” board. They have been driving me a bit crazy the last couple days because there has been more hissing and howling by both and some chasing by Lola. But when Willow gets tired of running (at eleven this is pretty quick), she just plops down in the floor and Lola also stops so it seems more of a game than an attempt to fight. I do think they want to be friends but both are just still too afraid. We will get there eventually. I am still keeping Lola in her room nights though So we can all get some sleep.

Last edited:

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The fur babies and I are going to take a little road trip tomorrow. DH is working about 3 hours away and we are going to go for a few days to visit him. We are blessed that they are used to traveling and do very well. I am also thankful that I can take my work with me. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza, they are both so beautiful!!! I predict snuggling in a few months.💖 SHe seems so relaxed wih you and Willow.
Sometimes things just work out.
This morning we had screaming and chasing by both cats, so we aren’t in the friend zone yet. Fortunately their schedules work well to keep them apart if need be. Willow sleeps in the basement for a good part of the day, so I can lavish attention on Lola. When Willow comes up they have a few hours to try out coexisting and then in the evening Lola goes to her room and Willow is again queen of the household. I have to say after ten years of only getting a few pets in on Willow, adjusting to a cat that wants to be pet dozens of times a day and snuggles into my lap every chance she gets is a treat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is after temps in the 90's with high humidity we finally got rain this afternoon and it's supposed to rain again overnight. 💧 I loathe going out in the heat to water the plants so I'm very appreciative of any rain that we are able to get from Mother Nature.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful! Life is a beautiful thing, isn't it?
It absolutely is. I did NOT get along with my stepsiblings when we were young. So having our kids close is really special to me.

And newborn noises and even cries are the sweetest!:hearthrob: Of course it’s probably sweeter because my kids are big and it’s not my baby fussing.:lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am halfway finished with the floor stencils in the kitchen! I cannot wait to be completely finished! It looks nearly as good as I had hoped and better than I expected.

I have learned, however, that I hate stenciling! Hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.