The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's hear something positive going on in your life. Something as small as a good cup of coffee, a sunny day or a phone call can be a small positive in your life. Remember to keep it positive. :hearthrob:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!🍾🥂 :musicnote: :clap::cheerleader::jive::party3::party::beerchug::dance:

Hope you all have a good 2021!!

Last edited by a moderator:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even with the hospitals hard water.
Ha! We have hard water every day out here in the country. It doesn't seem to affect my shower though, at least I don't notice it. One time I took a shower in a motel and they had added some type of water softener. It felt so slimy!

Fireworks awoke me at midnight
I didn't hear any fireworks this year. I think all the neighbor kids grew up and moved away. Most young people tend to leave the boonies, except for me. Well I did leave once, but I'm like a boomerang.

My positive is, if I can get up the ambition, I'm gonna try to make single serve Fried Bread Dough today! I'm on a roll with this Fair food, might as well kill all the cravings at once. I just gotta find a recipe.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What about those of us who got the little debit cards in the mail last time? Do we just get them automatically?
I guess you do. I honestly wasn't expecting the 2nd check as the website made it look like if you didn't file 2019 taxes (I don't make enough to file) then I wouldn't get this. I think someone on one of the Where's my Stimulus Check facebook groups said she got notice it will send next week? Don't quote me on that. I hear so many different and conflicting stories.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were no big fireworks at midnight! The retired neighbor with more than 100 fireworks stored away, but who may have been intimidated by the fact that nobody was firing rockets or noisy fireworks, contented himself with numerous bangers which only made popping noises behind my new windows and blinds. The cats scarcely noticed so we enjoyed a very quiet night. Hopefully it will be the first of many New Year celebrations without private fireworks in the neighborhood.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmm... My grandpa used to make that. We called it pizza fritta. As Gram’s health declined he got into making his own treats; but he was always a good cook too.

I slept really late today. My kids did ok staying up and slept in. DH was up so no one bothered me. Then I had leftover crab dip for breakfast.:yummy: DH also told me he figured out why his pants have been tighter.:flail:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positives of today was getting my outside walk in and someone who connected with my on the bumblebff app that I was excited to get to know after a few back and forth messages finally sent me a reply to my last message. Been almost a month! Thought she ghosted me and was surprised to see messages from her today. Yea!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I sent a friend request to a guy I almost dated 20 years ago. His last name is really cool, but really hard to spell. Spanish I think. So I could never find him. But then I saw his name on 2 of my friends' Facebook friends lists. So I said what the heck, let's see what he's doing. We'll see if he accepts my friend request. ;)

Edit: I googled his last name and it says French. That's confusing. Are French guys really dark? He definitely looks Spanish and so does his mom. Hmmmm. :headscratch:

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I sent a friend request to a guy I almost dated 20 years ago. His last name is really cool, but really hard to spell. Spanish I think. So I could never find him. But then I saw his name on 2 of my friends' Facebook friends lists. So I said what the heck, let's see what he's doing. We'll see if he accepts my friend request. ;)

Edit: I googled his last name and it says French. That's confusing. Are French guys really dark? He definitely looks Spanish and so does his mom. Hmmmm. :headscratch:
Last name really doesn’t tell much about a person’s ethnic or genetic background since most of us are a mix of multiple nationalities. Mom could be Spanish and dad French for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.