The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is waiting until about 10 am to eat as I'm starting a fasting lifestyle again.
Do you mean intermittent fasting?

My positive is we got up bright and early to FaceTime with our daughter who is working on a Ph.D. abroad. We played a game with her husband and her which was so much fun that we have plans to do it again soon. 💞

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean intermittent fasting?
Yes, that is probably the correct technical term. Basically where you don't eat for xx hours. So if eating at 10 am and having last meal between 5-6 pm, that would be 14+ hour fasting. Which sounds crazy because it is so easy to push breakfast back a little! But it worked for me, so want to get back into it again.

Have you tried or known people who have tried it?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried or known people who have tried it?
Anther term used to describe this is Narrowing the Feeding Window. Although I have never tried it I do know several other people who have used this method. Personally I have to eat 4-5 small meals a day. I cannot go without eating or else I tend to get migraines. I do know some people who have done water fasting but it's best to be done in a controlled environment with proper medical supervision.
Good luck with getting back into your fasting program. 🤗

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anther term used to describe this is Narrowing the Feeding Window. Although I have never tried it I do know several other people who have used this method. Personally I have to eat 4-5 small meals a day. I cannot go without eating or else I tend to get migraines. I do know some people who have done water fasting but it's best to be done in a controlled environment with proper medical supervision.
Good luck with getting back into your fasting program. 🤗
Thank you! You know, I was worried about trying it because it is normal for me to get hangry, including irritability, headaches, and feeling sluggish. Interestingly this has not really happened with the intermittent fasting. Not sure why, but I totally get hesitation to try with what normal bodily responses are to no eating regularly. :)

Water fasting is such an interesting concept. How is that supposed to work? What are the benefits?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
potatoes o’brien
What is that? Potatoes are always positive, especially with ketchup.

Grayson and Aliyah, she is the newest member of our family
Cute. Are they your niece & nephew?

My positive is that even though my tall, dark, handsome friend didn't answer my friend request yet, at least I'm getting back out there. He doesn't post on Facebook much, his last post was in July. I hope he still checks it sometimes. :crossfingers:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The snow is still clinging to the thin tree branches of the bush and small tree in the backyard. Like a piece of art etched against the cold, gloomy background. So pretty when the trees are lined with snow on their tops and the dark bark contrasts starkly from underneath. 🥰 Still a winter wonderland outside.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Grayson and Aliyah, she is the newest member of our family
They are both positively precious. :hugs: I love the name Aliyah too. :hearthrob: Enjoy your visit with them.

So pretty when the trees are lined with snow on their tops and the dark bark contrasts starkly from underneath. 🥰 Still a winter wonderland outside.
I couldn't agree more. :agree: I wasn't expecting to wake up to more snow overnight but there's something about the way the flakes fall that make the backdrop so poignant and serene.❄

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Cute. Are they your niece & nephew?

My positive is that even though my tall, dark, handsome friend didn't answer my friend request yet, at least I'm getting back out there. He doesn't post on Facebook much, his last post was in July. I hope he still checks it sometimes. :crossfingers:
Thanks! Great niece and nephew

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
positive gonna go jewelry shopping again with the gf tried on new years day but shops were closed took her clothes shopping instead. buut i am not letting her escape out of allowing me to buy her a nice jade pendant:lol:maybe i can talk her into a ring instead:lol:wish me luck
Good luck!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today has been nice and relaxing. I'm watching DH and DS set up a cool marble run type game that I got a great deal on at Christmas. My feet are up and the couch is cozy. :)
They have diced onions and peppers. I had the last for breakfast. :yummy:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching DH and DS set up a cool marble run type game that I got a great deal on at Christmas.
What kind is it? I remember using the interconnected pieces that make a marble run. Wondering if it is a similar thing.

Another positive for today. Set up a tv to play a cat video for cats to play with and Isabelle is living for it! The kittens are so well behaved, too, and are sitting next to the tv watching Isabelle and waiting their turn. <3 There was an old tv in the garage that was going to be tossed, which is great so I can use that and not worry if kitty nails affect the screen over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.