The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose i shouldn’t be so excited about a pending surgery but I had my eye exam this morning and I was sufficiently blind in my left eye to qualify for cataract surgery. Been through it with my mom and aunt so I know what to expect and can’t wait to get it done. Surgeon appointment next week.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost scared to say anything because I may jinx myself but the pain is subsiding. I get 22 hours of complete relief from pain in a 24 hour period. Not taking as much Aleve as I was but still doing stuff around here as well as gentle stretching of the back. Fresh air is also helping me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I dropped off my car yesterday evening because it's been making a sound when I turn right. DH text me by 10:30 today saying it was done and only cost $10 to fix! Some part of the wheel well was knocked loose and it was simple to fix. Now I just need someone to take me to pick it up because they close before DH gets off work and I didn't want to get up early enough to take him to work so I'd have a car today. ;) :lol:
I suppose i shouldn’t be so excited about a pending surgery but I had my eye exam this morning and I was sufficiently blind in my left eye to qualify for cataract surgery. Been through it with my mom and aunt so I know what to expect and can’t wait to get it done. Surgeon appointment next week.
Everyone I know whose had it done has been SO happy afterwards. My Dad just had his done last November/December and was immediately pleased.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH text me by 10:30 today saying it was done and only cost $10 to fix!
Wow, you must have an honest mechanic. I don't think I've ever had my car fixed for that cheap. On my way home from work I would often stop at a local gas station to fill up my tank. Once I had a warning light go on when I started my car in the school parking lot so I went to this gas station since it's not on a busy street and I could drove slowly. Long story short, it was a minor problem and they fixed it for free but that was the one and only time I've ever had that happen. I hope you found someone to pick you up so you could get your car today. :crossfingers:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My older brother had both of his eyes done several years ago. All he needs glasses for now is for reading but not for anything else.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My older brother had both of his eyes done several years ago. All he needs glasses for now is for reading but not for anything else.
I have cataracts in both eyes, actually three in the bad left eye and two in the right, but fortunately the right is worsening at a slower pace than the left. They will have to come out eventually. Current vision in my left is 20/60 and I am hoping it will return to 20/20.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, you must have an honest mechanic. I don't think I've ever had my car fixed for that cheap. On my way home from work I would often stop at a local gas station to fill up my tank. Once I had a warning light go on when I started my car in the school parking lot so I went to this gas station since it's not on a busy street and I could drove slowly. Long story short, it was a minor problem and they fixed it for free but that was the one and only time I've ever had that happen. I hope you found someone to pick you up so you could get your car today. :crossfingers:
DH suspected what the problem was. Normally we would get my stepdads opinion first but we haven’t seen them and don’t like to take advantage of his free time.

A couple years ago my mother took her car to the dealership for an oil change and the guy came out holding a filthy air filter and said it needed changing. Mom took the car home and my stepdad pulled it out to look... it wasn’t even her air filter that he showed her!! Mom gave them heck!!:angrywoman::lol: The dude was LUCKY it wasn’t my stepdad! He can be very intimidating. They tried again with her tires after another visit. Guess whose business they lost? 😏

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I need both eyes done as well. Left is scandalous...
wanted to wait till COVID slowed down. When will you have yours done?
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Whose weddings were they?

Four inches of snow expected tonight and tomorrow!!!! Say what??? It's got to be the last one I hope, ha!!
My outside gang will be sooo confused, I'll have to place their bowls underneath the umbrella.I got my parka
back out, hee, hee!! I have DVDs to watch and book to read.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I need both eyes done as well. Left is scandalous...
wanted to wait till COVID slowed down. When will you have yours done?
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Whose weddings were they?

Four inches of snow expected tonight and tomorrow!!!! Say what??? It's got to be the last one I hope, ha!!
My outside gang will be sooo confused, I'll have to place their bowls underneath the umbrella.I got my parka
back out, hee, hee!! I have DVDs to watch and book to read.
We have 4 outside cats- 2 of them regulars- that we provide food for. We had the same problem, so I built this feeding station out of leftover materials. The outlet pictured I installed for a heated water dish.
IMG_1446.JPG

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My highlight was using a wand toy with Persia today. She likes to grab and run with it when she catches it, so I made one swipe and then she was off and pulled the wand out of my hand! She dragged it all the way downstairs, with the wooden handle clicking behind her, with Katrina excitedly following her. Man, was I laughing hysterically! It was so funny! Never seen her take it that far!

The a couple minutes later I hear more clinking, and she is carrying it back up stairs and races down the hallway to pull it way under her favorite bed with her, hahah. It was the cutest thing!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve been meaning to watch that. Is it good?
I LOVE IT!! I get teary eyed at probably half the weddings. They are all different too. Some are small and intimate; some are big and elaborate. But they all get that Disney magic. There are 2 seasons on Disney+ and 2 specials. I'm REALLY hoping they have more!
i have no idea. Just regular people's destination weddings. Some are even on the Disney Cruise ships or Disney's private island in the Carribean. They feature proposals too. And sometimes different celebrities will surprise them by performing at their weddings. The Three Tennors performed at one in the Christmas one.

I looked up the prices to see how much it costs to do one. They can be surprisingly affordable if people keep it small and to less high profile locations. Of course having a big wedding in front of the castles is probably the most expensive. As far as I could tell anyway.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE IT!! I get teary eyed at probably half the weddings. They are all different too. Some are small and intimate; some are big and elaborate. But they all get that Disney magic. There are 2 seasons on Disney+ and 2 specials. I'm REALLY hoping they have more!

i have no idea. Just regular people's destination weddings. Some are even on the Disney Cruise ships or Disney's private island in the Carribean. They feature proposals too. And sometimes different celebrities will surprise them by performing at their weddings. The Three Tennors performed at one in the Christmas one.

I looked up the prices to see how much it costs to do one. They can be surprisingly affordable if people keep it small and to less high profile locations. Of course having a big wedding in front of the castles is probably the most expensive. As far as I could tell anyway.
So it's worth watching? I'm almost caught up on the Crown and am going to need something else to fill that slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.