The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind comments about the painting! It really does look better in person. I have to agree with Lari Lari that it is like being knee-deep in a field.

A couple years ago my mother took her car to the dealership for an oil change and the guy came out holding a filthy air filter and said it needed changing. Mom took the car home and my stepdad pulled it out to look... it wasn’t even her air filter that he showed her!! Mom gave them heck!!:angrywoman::lol: The dude was LUCKY it wasn’t my stepdad! He can be very intimidating. They tried again with her tires after another visit. Guess whose business they lost? 😏
I know more about cars than my husband does, which is helpful for him. He was having an issue with his car a few years back and took it to this chain mechanic instead of one of our local ones. I had told him what it was, but he wanted to get things looked over. Fair enough. They quoted him $1800 to fix it and gave a list of things that were wrong with it. (He dropped it off earlier in the day.) He was just about to tell them to go ahead and fix it when I walked in and asked what was wrong. I lost my mind and asked him if I could talk to them. The guy kind of half laughed when he said I was going to talk to him. I then explained why it could not be anything on the list of things they had given him. I said, "So, how do you justify $1800 for a wheel bearing? We will be by to get the car." It was just starting to go bad. That is how he found his regular mechanic. I use a different one because he does not like Fords and acts as if my Drusilla is a pile of junk. Piles of junk do not last for 200,000 miles. Both of our mechanics are fairly priced, although mine is a wee bit cheaper. Mine also thinks Drusilla is a solid car and does not act as if I cannot know what I am talking about when it comes to cars. (I am no expert, but I spent enough time helping my ex-husband work on cars to know a thing or two.)

In fact, I have to go on Friday to get my ABS sensor replaced.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning from Ohio!!! A snowy morning with more to come and it looks beautiful!! Lows will be in the 20s tonight!!
Nicole bought 6 new trees, 6 feet tall and were transplanted last weekend, I hope they will be ok.

So I messed up on my COVID testing date. I must have it before the procedure that was scheduled for Friday.
Now it's rescheduled for COVID test 26 May, Wednesday, and Procedure 28 May Friday. This is better. I've been feeling
so rough from the frequent trips and the vaccines, so this will give me a chance to rest up.

I've been missing the Vincie girl like crazy. Whenever I am on the deck I think of her little 8 pound darling body swinging her butt to attract the boys, flirty girl. I know she is there with me. :rbheart: :redheartpump::hearthrob:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is the temps dipped below freezing yesterday evening so Carleton slept next to me the entire night. When summer comes I know he will be downstairs where it's cooler so I appreciated this special cuddle time. :zzzcat:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my first round of the vaccine yesterday. My husband is getting his today. I have a sore arm and am a wee bit sleepy, so nothing too serious. My husband and I were joking about our disappointment in not getting the 5G microchip with our vaccine. Hahaha!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a utility sink leak and don’t want to spend the $300 I was quoted to repair it (plumbers are robbers these days) so I got brave and managed to get the drain apart and the suspect piece identified. Once I can get my car out of the garage (spring broken, door won’t open, $270 repair scheduled) this afternoon, I am going to Home Depot to bring in the bad part and pick up a new one and get some plumbing dept advice on putting it all back together.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been hard lately as new cases in my city are surging and the vaccines aren't available. So it's extra important to find something positive every day, even in the smallest things. For me, it's been the milk frother that I got. I love a good cup of latte, so I finally got myself a milk frother, and I've been treating myself to a latte every afternoon! In fact, I'm sipping my latte as I'm typing this message :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A rather freakish but very good coincidence this afternoon. When I was having dinner with my son two days ago we were talking about yard work and I mentioned that I would love to have a small battery operated chainsaw to use on big branches. We both have Ryobi One + battery operated tools and they have these saws but they cost from $100-$270 depending on size and I wouldn’t use it enough to justify that. They came early to fix my garage door spring so I was out running errands this afternoon. Stopped at the Goodwill and there was a Ryobi medium sized, One + chainsaw that cost me $14. Certainly made my day.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My mattress topper arrived so Kaylee put fresh sheets on bed after putting it on. OMG!! I've never in my
life been on such an amazing bed. Sooo soft and my pain levels decreased. People are right about having
a proper mattress. :clap: Cal loves it as well. She is jealous because I just fed Connie, hee, hee

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My highlight was getting the magnetic screen up, so the deck can be left open more without worrying about bugs coming in. Trained the kittens and they did so well! Katrina is very adventurous, and not too food oriented but is so excited about the freeze dried chicken treats I have. Persia is very food motivated and did well. She is the one I was unsure how long she'd take to pick it up.

Katrina was being a goof and kept running up to the screen (while on the other side) and smacking Isabelle and Persia while I worked on training them with treats. 😂 😂 😂

Later I was downstairs and my mom opened the door later because the kittens wanted out. After a few, Katrina came back in, but Persia was sitting outside and staring quietly through the screen into the house. My mom let me know thinking she was nervous about coming in, and I said, watch, she is just waiting for treats, I'm going to go grab some and bet you once she hears the drawer opening that I keep them in she will race in... I opened the drawer and heard Persia barreling down the stairs to find me, hahahahahaha. They are such a riot!

Katrina is too cute, too. She will bust through the screen like a gazelle at top speed. 😂

Isabelle hasn't made it through yet, but we had one installed when her and I were here before I went away for school. I'm sure she will pick it up easily again. She has been enjoying the bathroom window open instead.

Such a bright and sunny day today. I will make sure to get some fresh air soon and sit out on the deck.

Oh, and posted in other threads, but I received a tip the county was accepting any calls for the next 5 days to get vaccine appts. even if you had not received word yet you were eligible to sign up on their site (which was not an option for me yet). I called and was able to get an appt. for this Sunday at the drive thru site.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I slipped out this afternoon after the rain quit to try to get some necessary yard work done because rain is projected again for the next three days. But Mr and Mrs Duck were just waddling into the yard for a nap as I went out. I normally don’t go out if they are resting but I really needed to, so I hauled in hoses, cleaned bowls and did some planting within six feet of them. After cautiously watching for a few minutes, they just put their heads in their wing and went to sleep. It feels good that they have so much trust that they just ignore my presence in “their” yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.