The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I;m glad she]s ok. My vet is very strict about sedating cats and it sounds
as though Olivia's doc is as well. sweet girl, I bet your mom is so relieved

Had the second Pfizer yesterday. This one hurt more and my arm is sore so I've been moving
and stretching it. Feels better than it did when I got up. but the injection site is very tender.

Connie and Roberto came for an early brekkie this morning. Love the Ginger gang.💞

Had Swenson's again, oink, oink, ha!!

Sat on deck after I got home.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My tax refund will be mailed next week :yess: Took the IRS long enough to approve it :rolleyes: I mailed the forms mid-February. I'm supposed to get a refund from the bank next week as well. So much money :anticipation: It's all earmarked as contributions to my IRA accounts, which at last check aren't doing too badly with the various funds and stocks I have my money invested in.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Tat is great news... the only thing I can say, is Save.. save, save as much as you can.. It is so costly when you eventually retire... and be careful where you put it..
Readily available money is great.. you can use it without it being taxed as income when you are on an limited income..

I would have been better off paying taxes up front, while I was working, instead of paying them while being on a limited income.. They make it sound so great: "oh Yeah, invest now.. pay later when you are at a lower tax bracket... " No way...when you retire is when you need all the tax free income you can get... do not believe the 'stories'......

This is what myself and my friends have decided... if we could do things over...

Ok... off my soapbox!!! no more about this subject!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they have shopping cart power chairs all you need is assistance to get into one and then take off :lol:i use them all the time they can hold almost as much as a real shopping cart probably would be good to have a partner to shop with to grab stuff for you though
Yeah, I used to use them before I had to start using a wheelchair. The problem is that I don't know what to do with the wheelchair once I get into the cart. It was too expensive to just leave it sitting around.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I used to use them before I had to start using a wheelchair. The problem is that I don't know what to do with the wheelchair once I get into the cart. It was too expensive to just leave it sitting around.
well walmarts usually have a security near the entrance i just always asked them or a cashier where i could leave my chair until i finished shopping along with asking the security to keep an eye on it or ask to stash it behind the returns counter. stores are usually pretty willing to go out of the way a to help out the disabled i have noticed just gotta ask is all closed mouth dont get fed an all thator you can ask the person you go with to drive that chair out to you make sure its fully charged annoying to have it die on you :lol: its happened to me a few times already

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well walmarts usually have a security near the entrance i just always asked them or a cashier where i could leave my chair until i finished shopping along with asking the security to keep an eye on it or ask to stash it behind the returns counter. stores are usually pretty willing to go out of the way a to help out the disabled i have noticed just gotta ask is all closed mouth dont get fed an all thator you can ask the person you go with to drive that chair out to you make sure its fully charged annoying to have it die on you :lol: its happened to me a few times already
Thanks for your advice. My biggest problem with using the carts was the stores did not have enough. The last time I went to my local Walmart I sat there for an hour and no one returned a cart. My friends went through the store and parking lot and could not find any. The employees could not find them either. I've had them die on me too.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hot and humid yesterday, now in the 50s, hee, hee!!

When I got up Connie and Rebel were in a stand-off as Rebel thinks my deck is his. When I came out to intervene, Rebel took off and I fed Connie and Roberto. Connie is still limping but not as badly. I went back to bed and Cal wanted out when we got up, she was looking for R, but he had gone home..💞

Supposed to rain today, grass is so pretty and green! May watch a DVD.

M maggiedemi Mags, where are you? I posted your fave song!! What goodies do you have??
💖

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Last week was a long, difficult week, but there were a few positives. My husband got vaccinated on Monday with the J&J vaccine and I got my second dose of Pfizer on Friday.

I found a home for my mother's cat. I'm very emotional about it, but I think she'll be happy there.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week was a long, difficult week, but there were a few positives. My husband got vaccinated on Monday with the J&J vaccine and I got my second dose of Pfizer on Friday.

I found a home for my mother's cat. I'm very emotional about it, but I think she'll be happy there.
Oh.. That must have been a very emotional feeling.. a feeling of loss... But, It was probably a good move for the kitty.. Being alone in a big house is not ideal for a cat who has always had a companion.. But you know that... (((Hugs)))....
Just keep telling yourself that it was for her own good.. now she can be loved, full time, and not just when you are there... sweet thing... ((HUGS))

Glad you are both Vaccinated!! It will take a lot of anxiety off your minds.. at least it did mine.. It really did.. I feel a lot safer.. not taking chances.. but a lot safer.. still avoiding crowds, social distancing... keeping mask on.. staying in a lot.. but, feeling safer...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My Nivea order came from Amazon!! I can only find the creme made in Germany from them.
I got 10 of the little handbag sized and a round jar of the creme. Great price and the best
skin product!!

Status
Not open for further replies.