The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I had a wonderful three-day birthday celebration! On Tuesday, my husband and I had sushi and played board games all night. He bought me a ton of new oil paints, 2 x 2s, and some canvas as a gift. On Wednesday, my son stopped by after work with some bulbs for my garden. Yesterday, my actual birthday, my husband and I got a new board game (of clearance for $15!). He then took me to the aquarium store, where I got three new female bettas, four different snails, two golden danios, and some plants. Then my daughter, Hobbit Baby, and I went out dinner. Hobbit Baby was an angel at the restaurant. When I got home, my husband and I put together some models for one of his games and watch a movie. It may not sound that exciting to others, but I had a lot of fun.

The board game we played on Tuesday was Star Wars: Rebellion. It was pretty intense because it came down to one last turn. My Death Star was powered up and read to destroy the rebel base. He had one way of stopping me: drawing the card that would enable him to destroy my Death Star. Guess what he drew. Yep. He blew it up. My other functioning Death Star was across the galaxy and unable to help. (Yep, we are dorks.)

Today, my sister sold her "old" car to my daughter, so she has no need to borrow mine anymore. (I say "borrow," but I rarely had it because of her work schedule. And, later tonight, my husband and I are building a new cat tower. Technically, I am building it while he looks cute and holds stuff for me.

View attachment 375662
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!💖💗
:bday: :cheerleader::clap::dance::woo::party2::woohoo:

Sounds like it was a perfect day!!

Love,:hugs:

Bug Cal and Mia

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day yesterday here in Ohio. Snow the day before, ha!!

Painful Clinic trip kicked my butt but I have Big Cal, HD ice cream, Dave's Killer bread, 21 grains and seeds,
Swiss cheese.May have an open faced grilled cheese sammie, and Hershey bars, yum!:clap:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i have a few positives for the night :
got some details written down for my cat story going slow for right now
TCS is back!!!!
i have had lots of orders for my cat toys lately
i got my 1st vaccine shot back on march 27th and waiting to get shot #2
Wow, that's a lot of positives - good for you! :thumbsup:

My positive is up until today we had 5 straight days of sun and warm temps. 🌞

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Missed you guys!!

Having my second Pfizer shot at 11:50am today.

We had an awful storm yesterday but it;s over!!

Cal and Rebel are going steady, ha!! They had 2 dates in one morning!💞

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery order was picked up this morning and ordered a half gallon chocolate milk. It was out of stock, but a full gallon substituted without up charging to the gallon price! Thanks, I'll take it, yum yum.

Yesterday had some awesome positives, too! I managed to reserve one of those gardening kits from Lowe's and drove 20 min. each way to pick it up. Have a nice bucket to use for plants and it came with soil and fertilizer. Listened to my normal podcast, but this one was a bit different as they had a friend on with them. They had a fun dynamic of goofing off and teasing each other and they were both in such a great mood, so it was a blast listening to while driving.

Also stopped at dunkin' donuts on the way back as I had a $2 gift card promo that had to be used this week. I asked for 2 donuts: chocolate glazed and chocolate frosted. When I got home, I saw they gave me 2 chocolate glazed, chocolate frosted, and regular glazed! Maybe because end of day and giving away donuts?? I was excited and enjoyed my extra treats!

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i have a few positives for the night :
got some details written down for my cat story going slow for right now
TCS is back!!!!
i have had lots of orders for my cat toys lately
i got my 1st vaccine shot back on march 27th and waiting to get shot #2
Tell us how the second shot goes!
My positive is that TCS is back up and running!
Same!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Assisted Living and have not been in a store for over a year. Monday they are going to start taking us to go shopping at the Dollar Tree. HOT DAMN, I can't wait! I love shopping there. Later in the month they are taking us to Target and Wallmart. I'm not a fan of Target but I love Wallmart. My sister brought me $50.00 in cash and one of my credit cards. They only have one small bus that holds 12 people and until things open up they are only taking 6 people. The manager put me on the Dollar Tree and WallMart list. I hope in the future they will start going on shopping trips and restaurants once a week. The Olive Garden and the Crackle Barrel will be some of their stops. I love them both.

The only problem is that I am in a wheel chair and won't be able to push a cart around any stores. I will have to use one of their little hand basket's which does not hold much.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Assisted Living and have not been in a store for over a year. Monday they are going to start taking us to go shopping at the Dollar Tree. HOT DAMN, I can't wait! I love shopping there. Later in the month they are taking us to Target and Wallmart. I'm not a fan of Target but I love Wallmart. My sister brought me $50.00 in cash and one of my credit cards. They only have one small bus that holds 12 people and until things open up they are only taking 6 people. The manager put me on the Dollar Tree and WallMart list. I hope in the future they will start going on shopping trips and restaurants once a week. The Olive Garden and the Crackle Barrel will be some of their stops. I love them both.

The only problem is that I am in a wheel chair and won't be able to push a cart around any stores. I will have to use one of their little hand basket's which does not hold much.
they have shopping cart power chairs all you need is assistance to get into one and then take off :lol:i use them all the time they can hold almost as much as a real shopping cart probably would be good to have a partner to shop with to grab stuff for you though

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
K KittyJ - its going to be on the 24th of this month , so i have a long ways to go before i get the shot . hows you doing ?

positives for the day :
getting some goodies coming in from amazon
feeling really good today
the weather is nice here
Oh, but still tell us how it goes. I'm going great! Thanks for asking!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Having my second Pfizer shot at 11:50am today.
Hope it goes well and the only reaction you have is a little soreness in your arm. :crossfingers: But if you do get any other side effects we'll be sending special thoughts and good wishes. :grouphug:

My positive is I had to miss several days of exercise/working out due to getting phase 3 of a dental implant. But I went back to the gym today and felt fine. 👍

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom just called me; today could have been bad but it turned out ok! Mom's 16 year old cat Olivia went to the vet so she could have some kind of sedated scope done on her ear because of recurrent infections. Otherwise Olivia has been in excellent health. She doesn't look 10; let alone 16. But her heart stopped briefly when they sedated her. She's ok! They immedately started working on her and it started right back up. We use the same vet clinic and we've seen both cat docs there many times. They are excellent and it's not their fault. Olivia is back home now and acting normal. You wouldn't ever suspect she would be the one to react poorly to anesthesia. My mom is of course feeling guilty. I reassured her they couldn't predict this. It happens even with some young ones.

The important thing is; she's ok. :redheartpump: Shes probably wondering why my mom is following her from room to room though. :lol2:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom just called me; today could have been bad but it turned out ok! Mom's 16 year old cat Olivia went to the vet so she could have some kind of sedated scope done on her ear because of recurrent infections. Otherwise Olivia has been in excellent health. She doesn't look 10; let alone 16. But her heart stopped briefly when they sedated her. She's ok! They immedately started working on her and it started right back up. We use the same vet clinic and we've seen both cat docs there many times. They are excellent and it's not their fault. Olivia is back home now and acting normal. You wouldn't ever suspect she would be the one to react poorly to anesthesia. My mom is of course feeling guilty. I reassured her they couldn't predict this. It happens even with some young ones.

The important thing is; she's ok. :redheartpump: Shes probably wondering why my mom is following her from room to room though. :lol2:
Oh no! So glad she’s okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.