The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It started snowing overnight and is still snowing this morning. <3 <3 <3 Feels cozy and looks like a winter wonderland. Excited for the sun to peek out at some point and the world to light up with brightness. We are supposed to get 8 inches.
My positive is it snowed overnight but now it's gone. :lol:
I'm so happy to hear this!! No more travelling to your mom's for shower's and laundry. Bliss!!
Yes! Thank you! I've got a load running now. And Mooch will be happy to get nipped out while rolling in the dirty towels I've got piled in the hallway. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Same here, woke up to the sound of shoveling and snowblowers. The wind gusts are not helping causing snow drifts but thankfully I have no plans to step outside today so I might bake, catch up on laundry, read or all three. Maybe even watch a movie.
I made cookies last night and am going to try and get some laundry done too. Snowy day activities for the win.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Same here, woke up to the sound of shoveling and snowblowers. The wind gusts are not helping causing snow drifts but thankfully I have no plans to step outside today so I might bake, catch up on laundry, read or all three. Maybe even watch a movie.
How neat! yes, the wind definitely makes it look pretty blizzardly out. The snow here is going pretty diagonally. :)

My positive today is discovering this thread!! I've been feeling quite down for a while because of Covid news + lockdown + dark nights of winter, which exacerbated the anxiety I've been feeling in relationship. But reading this tread has brought a sense of calm to me, as I read about you guys enjoying the small things in life :)
Welcome! This is a nice mood booster, isn't it?

but now it's gone. :lol:
:hugs::hugs::hugs: Aw, I'm so sowie 😆 ;)

It is still going strong here! I wonder how much snow we are up to! It has been staying consistently cold, so there was still a bit of snow cover in most places before this storm hit. It makes it so pretty to look outside!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs::hugs::hugs: Aw, I'm so sowie 😆 ;)
I'm deffinitely happy about the lack of snow. :thumbsup: The inspector was just here for the septic system. I wanted that over and done with. That's the last part. He didnt' knock here or anything so I'm assuming we will hear from the septic company or get something in the mail. I am SO good with a snowless winter. :lol:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke to the vets via the phone today because we need our monthly flea treatment for Toffee, and asked them what we could do further to bring Fudge back home after he's been missing for a few months. We're going to contact the microchip company to see if they can help. I have some hope now he can come back home.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie , 'tis a mood booster for sure!

My positive today is that despite the cold, the sun is exuberant, so I went for a walk with a friend. I shared what's been on my mind and she shared with me her story. It's so good to make a connection and feel that whatever I'm dealing with at the moment, I'm not alone; there's an army of people who've been in the same shoes!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since it was in the single digits this morning and the weather forecast is showing a snow alert for this weekend we decided to make a Trader Joe's run today. I told DH I would only go in if there was no line outside or if the line was moving quickly. Although I'm used to winter temps and dress appropriately, standing in line without moving when it's this cold is not ideal. ;) My positive is there was no line and we walked right in, plus they had everything on our shopping list in stock - bonus!👍

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s awesome Mia6 Mia6 ! SIL and BIL are just waiting on the official date to adopt their new son they’ve been fostering. (Should be in February!) I cannot wait to meet him because he and DS are the same age; about 2 1/2 months apart. He hasn’t had a boy his age when we visit. DD has 2 girl cousins and they turn into the 3 Musketeers. I don’t blame him for not wanting to hang out with a bunch of girls. :lol: Now he will have someone on that side. And I’m always happy to welcome new nieces and nephews!:redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Snow in the forecast Sun-Tuesday. Anywhere between 4-10 inches expected. I'll take whatever I can get since we haven't really had snow for a few years.
We're supposed to get 9-10" but we just had snow on Tuesday this week. :wink: Oh well, it's winter in the midwest.

My positive is our county moved to Tier 1 of the Covid mitigations. That means indoor dining limited to 25% capacity which should help boost the restaurant business, indoor fitness classes with certain restrictions and cultural centers, e.g. museums, also with restrictions. It's just nice to know things are moving in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.