The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s awesome Mia6 Mia6 ! SIL and BIL are just waiting on the official date to adopt their new son they’ve been fostering. (Should be in February!) I cannot wait to meet him because he and DS are the same age; about 2 1/2 months apart. He hasn’t had a boy his age when we visit. DD has 2 girl cousins and they turn into the 3 Musketeers. I don’t blame him for not wanting to hang out with a bunch of girls. :lol: Now he will have someone on that side. And I’m always happy to welcome new nieces and nephews!:redheartpump:
How long have they been fostering him? I meant to write the age of the baby is 3 weeks not months

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to get 9-10" but we just had snow on Tuesday this week. :wink: Oh well, it's winter in the midwest.
Isn't it great? Excited, although I may need to make a small trip on Sunday, so hoping the roads are safe when it is time!

My positive is when looking up liquids to suggest to mom as she is looking for new things to mix in with Sunnie's medications to make them more palatable, I noticed some bone broth very discounted. Buying some to add to some of the pates the kittens are not as interested in eating. Maybe this will be a nice alternative to adding friskies wet food all the time.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom went to target today and asked if I wanted anything... last time I ordered they had my favorite froyo ben and jerry's flavor--> half baked! I asked if it was alright to get 2 flavors, and she agreed and also bought some flavors for herself. So I decided on the half baked, which is a swirl of cookie dough with vanilla ice crea, and brownie bites in chocolate ice cream, as well as Brewed to matter, which is Coffee Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks & a Brownie Batter Swirl. My mom was surprised as coffee drinks are super gross to me, but the magic of ice cream means everything tastes good in ice cream form! I have yet to find an ice cream I don't like. So that flavor was calling to me, too!

My positive is this week is almost over. A new chance to start again. 👍
One of those weeks? :heartshape:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is places are starting to slowly open up here with a 25% capacity limit for restaurants/cafes/theaters. It's refreshing to hear good news for a change even though we still have some hurdles to overcome. Remember, the glass is half-full. :thumbsup:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Son texted me and said they closed the restaurant he works at so he'll be hanging out at a friend's house today. At least now I won't have to worry about him driving home tonight in the snow and ice and cold temperatures.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I'm making out the list for next Friday's Aldi order. I see that they have both Pita Crackers and Pita Chips. I wonder what the difference is? I'll get one of each. They have Sea Salt flavor or Garlic flavor. Not sure what flavor I'll end up with, since they often substitute.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is staying indoors all day to watch the snow fall and accumulate outside. ❄ It looks absolutely wonderful as long as I don't have to go out and drive in it. I couldn't believe how many friends I hadn't seen due to the pandemic called today so after doing laundry I spent most of the time talking on the phone. DH told me we were probably going to have to replace the battery, lol. But it was so nice to relax and catch up with people I care about including our long time pet sitter who misses her visits with Carleton.:lovecat3:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been a few days since dance exercising, but this morning got back into things. Felt energizing!

I'm also looking forward to picking up a petsmart order curbside, which means driving out and about while listening to podcasts. I'll probably pick up some fast food while out. This past t-mobile Tuesday there was an offer for a free Impossible Whopper with $1 purchase, so that may be my go to as it will be a cheap meal!

Another positive is I had a free coupon code for a postcard and sent it to someone. We don't really talk much, but consider her a friend and she often sends me holiday cards. This year I beat her to it and asked for her address with intention of sending her one, but procrastinated really bad. So the post card wishes her a belated happy thanksgiving, holidays, new years, and a happy valentine's day! :flail: 😅🙃🙄 🤭 Included an uplifting quote that I hope makes her feel good and the postcard image says, I'm so glad you exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.