The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I got some fun things from Dollar General today- Sun Chips salsa flavored, Clover Valley original & veggie entertainment crackers, Clover Valley knockoff of club crackers, bean dip, french onion dip, spinach dip, tropical dried fruit, vegetarian Ramen noodles, and some Folgers Black Silk coffee for my brother, which I'm trying not to steal.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftover pizza for breakfast and chicken chili in the crockpot for dinner are my positives. :paperbag:;)

I failed the driving portion of drivers ed multiple times. :paperbag: I took it at school. All the driving teachers were coaches so they could stay pretty cool. The problem was my parents only had an extended size van with no power steering that was older than me and a stick shift. Practice ended in tears.

They quickly discovered that my mom did better with my stepsiblings and my stepdad was better with me. But in the end my mom’s coworker/friend offered to teach me in her car. She was like 22 and fresh out of college. It was her first new car; so she was very generous and brave! But it made a world of difference. The last time I drove my teacher said I was a completely different driver. 😅

Thankfully we didn’t have to test at the dmv. I don’t know where my kids will take drivers ed because we homeschool. The YMCA used to teach it but they stopped. I have a while though.
Don't tell my husband!!!! :nono:
Seriously... I already buy Beano in the biggest bottle. 🤦🏻‍♀️

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had phase 2 of my dental implant surgery the other day and not feeling overly great but my positive is I slept much better last night and looking forward to the next six months when it will be over.
Sending you healing and soothing vibes to assist with recovery :vibes:

During Covid, they are literally only making teens do 3 maneuvers while the instructor stands outside the car. No actual road test. I think they have to park, do a 3 point turn, and something else. That's it. :rolleyes:
Wow, that sounds like it would be a huge stress relief for drivers ed students not having the instructor in the car.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Driver's Ed at a private driving school because I would have had to wait until my junior year to take it based on my birthday and the amount of slots they had open, so I had to take the test at the DMV. Which I failed the first time. :running:

Uh, to make this positive I ended up getting a few two hour stretches of sleep last night! I'm still exhausted and could use a back massage, but I'll take what I can get.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Leftover pizza for breakfast and chicken chili in the crockpot for dinner are my positives. :paperbag:;)

I failed the driving portion of drivers ed multiple times. :paperbag: I took it at school. All the driving teachers were coaches so they could stay pretty cool. The problem was my parents only had an extended size van with no power steering that was older than me and a stick shift. Practice ended in tears.

They quickly discovered that my mom did better with my stepsiblings and my stepdad was better with me. But in the end my mom’s coworker/friend offered to teach me in her car. She was like 22 and fresh out of college. It was her first new car; so she was very generous and brave! But it made a world of difference. The last time I drove my teacher said I was a completely different driver. 😅

Thankfully we didn’t have to test at the dmv. I don’t know where my kids will take drivers ed because we homeschool. The YMCA used to teach it but they stopped. I have a while though.

Seriously... I already buy Beano in the biggest bottle. 🤦🏻‍♀️
No Beano for me! It made me itch like crazy every night for a week. Funny that the rash went away by morning every time but the nights were awful. I even took a selfie of my belly and stomach because nobody believed that I had a rash only at night. They all said it was my nightie or my sheets or blankets, but it kept up no matter what I changed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that our Aldi food order is coming tonight. It usually comes around dinner time. I'll post what I got after, since they substitute a lot of stuff, I never know exactly what I'm getting.
Mags, do you do the ordering or is it done by each of you?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My Christmas present from my Dad arrived! He sent a beautiful cozy blue blanket with cats on it. One side is like a white faux fur and the blue is super soft and almost velvety. Its quilted. Mooch and I can’t wait to test it out!
Wowza, it sounds beautiful!! Good nap blanket💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mags, do you do the ordering or is it done by each of you?
I type the list and print it out, then mom reads it over the phone to the girl from her church. She has to put the order through for us because we don't have a town address, Aldi won't deliver this far out in the country. Aldi delivers the food to the church, they wipe everything down, then another girl brings it out here to our house and puts it in the trunk of the car in the garage. The girl from church picks my substitutes for me if they are out of something. So far she picks great stuff, so I don't mind, she seems to know what I like.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that our Aldi food order is coming tonight. It usually comes around dinner time. I'll post what I got after, since they substitute a lot of stuff, I never know exactly what I'm getting.
Excited to see what interesting things you get! <3

Which songs?
This morning was Nicki Minaj - Anacanda, Selena Gomez - Good For you, and When I grow up - The Pussycat dolls

Favorite move at 2:22 for this video... 🥰 :cool: :hyper:

Legs were wobbly and out of breathe a bit at the end, haha. Good workout! And it energized me!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling a little down because I had a problem with phase 2 of my dental implant last night but my positive is my sister surprised me by sending a beautiful bouquet of flowers today. 💐

View attachment 365598
Those are beauties!!!!! How is your mouth, jaw today?💖

Status
Not open for further replies.