The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's 25 degrees now as opposed to the high 50s last night, but no worries. I have books,DVDs to watch, and a lovely
Calico-Maine Coon woman to snuggle wih, Big Cal. She let me remove some knots yesterday.

Lari Lari UNIGLO also has nice jeans although I've never bought them. I did buy a pair of their yoga pants
disguised as black dress pants, hee, hee, a few years ago when they were on sale, very comfy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
FIESTA WARE STRIPED JUICE GLASSES-SET OF 4-Colorful Fiesta 7 oz.

I bought cobalt blue chili bowls, lots of bowls, serving platter when I worked in retail about 21 years ago.
I also bought things in lime green, very pretty together
The drinking glasses I bought are original, so I must be careful.
They're absolutely lovely! 🤗 I've read that some, but not all, vintage Fiestaware contains radioactive material so please be careful. Mostly the orange/red glaze pieces.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked on birdhouses yesterday and really enjoyed it. I thought all of mine were shot but it turns out that just some repairs were needed. Most needed new floors and I fortunately had enough wood scraps to do that and cleaning, caulking and some hardware took care of the rest. Five birdhouses are now ready for new tenants and there are a couple more I am going to make.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 5'10 and got the "longs" in these jeans.
Me too! I'm 5'9 and 3 quarters, so almost 5'10. I like to get longs in jeans too, but can't always find them.

salty sap
Well that sounds interesting! Is it salty maple?

I had a trifecta positive day!
Yay on all 3! I don't know how many calories I burn, I never track it.

I did buy a pair of their yoga pants disguised as black dress pants
I saw a cool looking pair of yoga pants at Walmart that were bootcut, flared out at the bottom.

My positive is I started doing squats and it is helping my sore right leg. It's also toning my butt and thighs really well, so that's a bonus positive. I had heard of squats before, but never tried them because I'm tall & klutzy, plus I hate to sweat. But they are working so well, I will keep going. They are surprisingly easy to do, I didn't even fall. :thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
They're absolutely lovely! 🤗 I've read that some but not all vintage Fiestaware contains radioactive material so please be careful. Mostly the orange/red glaze pieces.
I didn't know that.Thanks for the heads up. This is my second set of the glasses. The old ones are very delicate and I broke every one while washing them. This time I'll wash them in a plastic dish pan.

They came early!! My neighbor took the box in her apt. for me.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Lead Ginger, Conrad, came for brekkie this morning! I thought he was Roberto but when I put food
on his plate I could see he was much bigger than R. I cooed, "Connie, where have you been sweet boy?"
I haven't seen him since the fall. Wilhelmina, the long-haired white female, has been here twice after not
seeing her for months. Nice to see both of them.

View attachment 373340
About 5 hours ago when I checked the purple were all buds. Now the sun hit them and 🤩💜💛💜!
WOWZA!!! They are so beautiful!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I was feeling stressed and almost had a slip up with the anorexia. But I was able to reason my way out of it and take my walk instead. Hopefully this means that I am closer to being cured and living a normal life. :crossfingers:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My Fiesta glasses are here but not opened yet. Will have Kaylee open hem.

Pain was wicked yesterday with the fluctuations in temps but I am lucky to have
Big Cal who snuggled with me all day. She keeps an eye on me, darling girl.💖

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came across a Kindness Rocks project in a front yard yesterday :) Someone really put a lot of effort into decorating all those rocks :) I guess it's one good way to spend time during this pandemic.

20210314_150217[1].jpg

20210314_150210[1].jpg

I've only come across one other collection before. It was on a large flat rock alongside a river path at the far end of a local park.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I was feeling stressed and almost had a slip up with the anorexia. But I was able to reason my way out of it and take my walk instead. Hopefully this means that I am closer to being cured and living a normal life. :crossfingers:
Way to go! :heartshape: I'm so proud of you. It can be hard making choices like that in the moment, but you did! Great progress! <3

LTS3 LTS3 That's so neat! Did you take any? Up at school I'd find motivational rocks, etc. hidden in the trees along the hiking trail on campus. Often made me smile.

It is pick up curbside order at the petstore day, so I'll be enjoying listening to podcasts while driving around. I finally was able to order my unscented tidy cats, which has not been in stock at any of the nearby stores. I luckily landed 3 and will keep checking until the end of the month as there is a special if you pick up curbside for 25% off your order. That means the cat litter is a decent price! Nothing compared to the normal black friday sales I've stocked up for the whole year in the past, but still a couple dollars under their normal sale prices with this deal! I'll take it!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, our doorbell rang, and someone just dropped off this box of cookies that are still warm. My husband said someone from work ordered it for him as a present, but I wasn't expecting anything, so it was quite the lovely surprise!
0315211151.jpg

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is watching a live performance of the Trinity Irish Dancers today. :clover: Living in a city that celebrates the luck of the Irish I look forward to St. Patrick's Day even if the parade was virtual this year.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so proud of you.
Thank you. ❤

someone just dropped off this box of cookies
What kind of cookies? 🍪 I had one double stuff oreo cookie today and a gluten free raspberry fig newton type cookie. They were okay.

My positive is they are going to try to put our Aldi grocery order through later this week. We were supposed to do it tonight, but mom's credit card number got stolen and she has to wait for a new card to come in the mail. I don't know how it got stolen, she only orders from Aldi, Target, and Vitacost. Somebody charged over $1000 to a place called Dark Knight Photography.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 That's so neat! Did you take any? Up at school I'd find motivational rocks, etc. hidden in the trees along the hiking trail on campus. Often made me smile.

No, I didn't take a rock. I should walk by again and see if there are any new ones. The Kindness Rocks Project web site used to have a map that you can use to search for a rock site and to add a site you come across that wasn't already listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.