The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I rescheduled the first vaccine for Friday the 19th of March insead of the 6th., this coming Friday because I have a sore throat.
susanm9006 susanm9006 How sis it go for you?

Going to be in the 60s today!!! I think my body needs to sit out, ha!!!
It was fast. No more than five minutes in line, a few minutes for paperwork, then shot and sitting around for 15 minutes. About 25 minutes total. Arm is a bit sore but no more than when I get my flu shot. They made my second appointment while I was there and it feels great to know in three weeks I am done. I have a list of appointments I can now make for April - dentist, eye doctor, stylist, that I have been postponing and that feels so good!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weather is SO gorgeous today! My kids are outside in T Shirts. DD tried to put on shorts. :flail:I’m looking at the forecast wishing this week was spring break instead of next! :lol: We have windows open and it smells wonderful!
96BF6238-0520-4116-9E59-4242FD15B8BC.jpeg

Oh and I got to say hi to the dogs next door while we were all out. They stopped barking long enough to smell my fingers through the fence. And then DS ran with them so they were happy. :lol:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Those key lime m and m's sound yummy! I'll have to look during my next Walmart order. Where did you get yours?
Walmart. I found them when looking up Easter basket candy. I found Dove has a lemon meringue white chocolate out too. That was pretty good. I’m not normally a big white chocolate fan but it’s nicely done.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well here is the lil gal:lol:i zoomed the pic in its tiny spent the last hour playing lost and found again with it before i could get it into its new house
So wittle!! Surprised by how see through it looks, too. Bet it will be fun watching it grow and gain color! I loved watching the color appear when I breed guppies.

Walmart. I found them when looking up Easter basket candy. I found Dove has a lemon meringue white chocolate out too. That was pretty good. I’m not normally a big white chocolate fan but it’s nicely done.
Thanks! Wow, another yummy one to add to my list. Thanks for sharing! I'm not huge on white chocolate, but love citrus and lime flavors, so that one sounds good, too!

My positive is meeting with a friend who walked me through changing my oil. It has been over a year since I don't trust going to a place during the pandemic, and my friend only just found out it has been so long. He offered to do it for me, but I thought this was a great time to learn as I was watching videos to learn end of last summer and wanted to start doing them myself. Everything went well and I may buy supplies to do it in the future, although he offered to let me know when he was coming in town again so I can use the supplies at his dad's house where he completes his oil changes.

We also had a social distanced picnic in his front yard prior to our masked oil changes. It was nice to see a friend in person, spend time outside, and catch up a bit. Besides seeing him and his wife occasionally for brief gift/item exchanges in the past couple of months, it's probably been close to a year spending time with someone outside of my household/immediate family in person.

So yea for learning to change oil and oil filter in my car myself and seeing a friend in person.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Thank you!!! Agree, not hard at all! My oil tank is also near the front right side of my car, so I feel safer not being fully under my car, too, if it was father in. 😊

Another positive. Isabelle and I went for a walk again today. It was pretty windy and Isabelle was chasing leaves for a few minutes. So cuuute!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I put in an online grocery order at Walmart that we are going to pick up tomorrow. I'll post what I got then, when I find out what was in stock. No sweets for me this time, I'm back to regular food. I got Dad some fudge covered Oreo cookies though. He has been obsessed with trying them ever since he saw the commercial on TV. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I inadvertently found a way to stop Boone and Gracie from impeding my feet when I sleep. I had bought a throw blanket to use for something that didn't work out. Being a minimalist, I now had an item that had no use in my house. I was going to return it but never got around to it and probably never would as I don't go near that store in my daily travels.

I decided to put in on my bed on top of the comforter. I figured it would be some added warmth to my feet as they get cold. But I soon learned that Boone and Gracie like sleeping on it. So, now it is near the top of the bed and I have the whole bottom of the bed for my feet again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
He’s a hawk. He kept hopping to different branches and I had trouble getting a good shot of him. He was certainly keeping an eye on me!
I had one and his mate hang out in my backyard one spring. I couldn't believe his wing span!!
My Vincie girl and I were sitting on the deck while the male kept looking at her!! I kept a close
eye on her and never let her out alone while they were here, They left after 2 days. It took awhile
but slowly the birds and squirrels came back out from their hiding places.

Another warm day!! High of 68!! Going to bring out some traditional clothing. May go to Marion's
Closet soon for free clothing, lamps, etc. For $12.00 a year you may go shopping there one a week.

Last edited:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I actually saw another of the ferals I've been feeding this month. The white tom cat often comes quite near me while I'm emptying and filling dishes. He keeps his distance but blinks at me. Today I caught my first glimpse of the very shy, black female.

For the first time, temperatures were not below freezing overnight so I found all food dishes empty (apart from the dry food dish and water dish) and I didn't have to use hot water to get frozen wet food, milk and water out of the dishes to put in fresh. When I'd finished filling the bowls and removing the heating pads from the cat houses and went back to the car, a black cat appeared and started eating. Now I've actually seen both of the 2 very senior cats, I'd been told about, who have been fed on this piece of wasteland for at least 10 years.

When the leaves appear on the trees and bushes, a webcam will be set up again to check in case other stray cats or local cats have found this very upper-class food bank. We only feed the best - but some people leave tins and pouches of food near the spot - probably stuff which their own cats won't eat. Today I found a box of trout and mackerel pouches. I emptied one of the pouches in a bowl with some better quality cat food. I'll see if it has gone this evening when I refill the bowls. If it's been eaten, I will feed it, one pouch a day, mixed with other tinned food. If there are only 2 cats, they certainly eat a lot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I actually saw another of the ferals I've been feeding this month. The white tom cat often comes quite near me while I'm emptying and filling dishes. He keeps his distance but blinks at me. Today I caught my first glimpse of the very shy, black female.

For the first time, temperatures were not below freezing overnight so I found all food dishes empty (apart from the dry food dish and water dish) and I didn't have to use hot water to get frozen wet food, milk and water out of the dishes to put in fresh. When I'd finished filling the bowls and removing the heating pads from the cat houses and went back to the car, a black cat appeared and started eating. Now I've actually seen both of the 2 very senior cats, I'd been told about, who have been fed on this piece of wasteland for at least 10 years.

When the leaves appear on the trees and bushes, a webcam will be set up again to check in case other stray cats or local cats have found this very upper-class food bank. We only feed the best - but some people leave tins and pouches of food near the spot - probably stuff which their own cats won't eat. Today I found a box of trout and mackerel pouches. I emptied one of the pouches in a bowl with some better quality cat food. I'll see if it has gone this evening when I refill the bowls. If it's been eaten, I will feed it, one pouch a day, mixed with other tinned food. If there are only 2 cats, they certainly eat a lot!
Awww...sounds like they love you taking care of them....maybe at some time in the future you can kiss and cuddle them💖

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...sounds like they love you taking care of them....maybe at some time in the future you can kiss and cuddle them💖
That would be nice but...... not very likely. Do you think they would appreciate being turned into lap-cats? I discuss this often with the woman who has been involved since the very beginning. The white cat rubs against her legs when she's preparing food but he won't let her touch him. Two years ago she simply grabbed him and plunged him into a carrier. His dentistry cost her € 850 (more than 1000 US dollars). I don't think the black female has seen a vet since her TNR.
At the moment, they are "tolerated" by the present landowners, but the land is being sold. It would be nice to find an alternative solution in case they are forced to move on. I suppose we should be grateful that there are now only a limited number of cats to feed and that we have not had a cardboard box full of sick kittens deposited on the site for a few years now. 🙏

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I put in an online grocery order at Walmart that we are going to pick up tomorrow. I'll post what I got then, when I find out what was in stock. No sweets for me this time, I'm back to regular food. I got Dad some fudge covered Oreo cookies though. He has been obsessed with trying them ever since he saw the commercial on TV. :lol:
Excited to see what you're getting, as usual. :) I just received an order this week and still have to post pictures. I am still not back to regular food and had lots of sweets in my order, but have been enjoying the brick cheddar and muenster cheese with some ritz crackers I bought. Most of my sweets were half off or more with digital coupon rebates, so they were good deals. It's just a bummer mom and I are not having good luck with fruits and veggies, but my mom paid in to receive a co-op of veggies and fruits starting in May. So we should have lots of fresh produce starting then. I'm looking forward to what stuff we will get, esp. because it should be nice and fresh!

Another warm day!! High of 68!!
Isn't it lovely?? It is same here, too! have you had a chance to spend time outside?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted in awhile because this is the positive thread and both Carleton and my husband are having some health issues. But I finally had something positive to write - we got our second vaccines this a.m. and planning to take it easy the rest of the day. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excited to see what you're getting, as usual.
Great Value Burnin' Hot chips, Lays Stax Xtra Flamin' Hot Chips, Great Value Cheddar Jalapeno Dip, 3 mustards, Old Croc extra sharp Australian Cheese block, Great Value extra sharp cheese slices & shredded, Great Value plain bagels, Medjool dates, 2 different cheese sauces, vegan chili, Kind apple cinnamon cereal, Post banana nut crunch cereal, regular & chive cottage cheese, we all got pot pies- dad got beef, mom got gluten free chicken, I got 3 different vegetarian ones. Mom got a gluten free cheese cake & raspberry fig bars. Dad got his dark chocolate fudge covered oreo cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.