The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I have not been on the CatSite so long I had a hard time even to log on and I can't find the forum I used to write on because I don't remember its name. Can anyone help me out with that? Must have been maybe April or as late as July of this year.
I have lost 2 kitties since then: Panthera, my sweet avatar, passed in April, he was 16. Then in July my 20 year old Birman, Capucchino, also had to be sent to the Rainbow Bridge. Since then I only have Chamouti, my red Maine Coon, who is now 14 and has recently been diagnosed in the first stages of kidney disease after he started peeing in uncouth places including in my bed when I was still in it and heard him scratching the covers, waking me up. Since then he has used flower pots, a "papasan" chair cushion and the floor in the bathroom 6 ft away from his Litter Robot. All that while he is still using the LitterRobot which of course is always clean so I don't know what gives that he will pee elsewhere also. I have now put all these items out of his reach and there have been no more "accidents". I also saw a sore about the size of a dime on his rear end and he saw the vet although I did not because of Covid-19 and I was given an antibiotic to give to him twice a day which he is taking without much complaint (Panthera used to have a spitting fit when I tried to give him anything by mouth).
He had always been somewhat distant but within a few weeks of there being no other cats he became very affectionate, became very attached to me and VOCAL! he had never talked before and now he talks all the time for all kinds of reasons. He sleeps with me right above my head and purrs me to sleep. He watches TV with me, not animals shows or anything like that but "talking heads" like CNN, he really likes Anderson Cooper, although any live person, male or female, coming into the house including just ringing the doorbell, will send him under the bed in a panic, and he won't come out for the rest of the day and then looking around suspiciously to make sure that the uninvited stranger is really gone. You'd never know I even had a cat.

Yep, Maine Coon, no ear tufts but they are not required. He was runt of the litter and I don't think he ever got enough to eat to grow as big as he should as even now he just weighs 12 1/2 lbs. He came from a home with 8 other cats, what kind of person would give up a 10 year old cat to a rescue? You'd think they'd give up a younger cat with a good chance of getting adopted, he had already been to 3 other places before I got him from Petsmart where they waved the fee because they did not think he would ever be adopted until I came along because of his age. This kind of thing makes me so mad.
092520 597.JPG

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been on the CatSite so long I had a hard time even to log on and I can't find the forum I used to write on because I don't remember its name. Can anyone help me out with that? Must have been maybe April or as late as July of this year.
I have lost 2 kitties since then: Panthera, my sweet avatar, passed in April, he was 16. Then in July my 20 year old Birman, Capucchino, also had to be sent to the Rainbow Bridge. Since then I only have Chamouti, my red Maine Coon, who is now 14 and has recently been diagnosed in the first stages of kidney disease after he started peeing in uncouth places including in my bed when I was still in it and heard him scratching the covers, waking me up. Since then he has used flower pots, a "papasan" chair cushion and the floor in the bathroom 6 ft away from his Litter Robot. All that while he is still using the LitterRobot which of course is always clean so I don't know what gives that he will pee elsewhere also. I have now put all these items out of his reach and there have been no more "accidents". I also saw a sore about the size of a dime on his rear end and he saw the vet although I did not because of Covid-19 and I was given an antibiotic to give to him twice a day which he is taking without much complaint (Panthera used to have a spitting fit when I tried to give him anything by mouth).
He had always been somewhat distant but within a few weeks of there being no other cats he became very affectionate, became very attached to me and VOCAL! he had never talked before and now he talks all the time for all kinds of reasons. He sleeps with me right above my head and purrs me to sleep. He watches TV with me, not animals shows or anything like that but "talking heads" like CNN, he really likes Anderson Cooper, although any live person, male or female, coming into the house including just ringing the doorbell, will send him under the bed in a panic, and he won't come out for the rest of the day and then looking around suspiciously to make sure that the uninvited stranger is really gone. You'd never know I even had a cat.

Yep, Maine Coon, no ear tufts but they are not required. He was runt of the litter and I don't think he ever got enough to eat to grow as big as he should as even now he just weighs 12 1/2 lbs. He came from a home with 8 other cats, what kind of person would give up a 10 year old cat to a rescue? You'd think they'd give up a younger cat with a good chance of getting adopted, he had already been to 3 other places before I got him from Petsmart where they waved the fee because they did not think he would ever be adopted until I came along because of his age. This kind of thing makes me so mad.

View attachment 362280
We were worried about you!!! You always posted in What's on Your Mind thread.
So sorry about kitties Chamouti has a good home with you.💖

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have a part time job doing research for the New York Times!! I am so excited. I was trying to pull up a recipe from them and discovered I didn't have access to the food section any longer. A few weeks ago I cancelled my online subscription because it was too expensive, they offered it to me for a $1.00 a week so I kept it. On Sunday they offered the food section for $1.25 a week. so I accepted. They then began asking me a lot of questions, then asked if I would be interested in doing research and getting paid for it!! I hope they contact me!!

Sorry can't turn off bold.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive #1... three more wake up until my 2 week staycation starts.

Positive #2... Area where I work may be getting several inches of snow tomorrow. That means I take off as I don't drive in snow and the last place I want to get stuck is in the DC area.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive #1... three more wake up until my 2 week staycation starts.

Positive #2... Area where I work may be getting several inches of snow tomorrow. That means I take off as I don't drive in snow and the last place I want to get stuck is in the DC area.
You have that right. One day they were calling for a heavy snow. It did not start snowing till 9:00 am so I had to go to work. The snow was really comming down hard so they let us go home at 11:00. I lived about 25 miles from my job in DC and it took 4 hours to get home. I had to pee so bad.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have that right. One day they were calling for a heavy snow. It did not start snowing till 9:00 am so I had to go to work. The snow was really comming down hard so they let us go home at 11:00. I lived about 25 miles from my job in DC and it took 4 hours to get home. I had to pee so bad.
I live over an hour away from my job in Alexandria, VA and have to be in at 5am. Too far between home and work to risk coming in. Plus the weather people never really know what will happen anyway.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have not been on the CatSite so long I had a hard time even to log on and I can't find the forum I used to write on because I don't remember its name. Can anyone help me out with that?
We are very sad to hear about the loss of both your cats, Panthera and Capucchino. :sniffle: That must have been so difficult for you. Our deepest regrets and heartfelt sympathies go out to you.:grouphug: Since this is The Positive Thread you might want to post a tribute to their passing in this forum instead: Crossing the Bridge

It sounds like Chamouti has really come out of his shell but I'm sorry to hear about his bout with kidney disease. I'm glad to hear he has become your faithful companion. :catlove:

To answer your question, if you want to find the forums where you used to post you can look them up by going to the top of the site in the right hand corner and click on your user name, segelkatt. Then click on "Your Content." That will show the threads where you used to post most frequently. I hope this helps! 🤗

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is we picked up our Walmart order- Tres leches cupcake, peppermint creme pie, gluten free vegan cheesecake, 2 types of peanut butter cookies, 5 mini bags of different flamin' hot chips/snacks, 2 brands of plain bagels, Sargento sharp non-smoked provolone cheese slices, egg salad, Amish macaroni salad, regular macaroni salad, 2 types of butter beans, lima beans, succotash, Cheetos flamin hot mac & cheese cup, lentil bean crisps, Maxwell House International French Vanilla Cafe Mix.

Dad got various little packets of dip mix, but not sure if he's going to share those with me or not. It would be nice to have them for my chips though!

PatsysDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let's hear something positive going on in your life. Something as small as a good cup of coffee, a sunny day or a phone call can be a small positive in your life. Remember to keep it positive. :hearthrob:

After a few rainy, cloudy days the sun is out.
Such a tough year for so many...but as a positive, its given lots of us the chance to spend more time with our family and furry friends. I even now take timeout to watch her favourite channel on Youtube, 'Garden Creatures'. Its actually my favourite part of the day. Watching her looking mesmerised at the screen with all the birds and squirrels jumping around :)

Attachments

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The positive is:
Geoffrey was so comfortable on my lap, last night. I tried to get him up so we could go to bed. I kept saying, "Uppy, Up, Uppy".. "Nite-Nite. Time for Nite Nite.. lets go Nite Nite"... instead he rolled over on his back, purring, air kneading.. He was so comfortable he did not want to get up! That is a huge positive for me.. Of course, I had to 'love' him for a while, before I had to gently force him up...
Sweet baby...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I reconnected on Facebook with an old friend that I wrote a poem for 20 years ago, but I never gave it to him. He said he wants it, so I will type it up and send it to him. It was written by my 24 year old self, so kinda cheesy, but also sweet. So maybe he will like it. I wrote it for him when his father died.

Status
Not open for further replies.