The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now we have about 3 inches of snow and it's beautiful!

The 2 tabbies are in the carrier bed on the deck together, snuggling! When it's time to
eat I take a warm towel from the dryer and put it on the rug and they eat while having
warm toes.

The dishes are done!! Sink is clean!!

and we're getting stim money!! :jive: :dance::yess::clap::clap2::cheerleader:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered that the glide dental floss is recyclable
I was wondering if dental floss containers were recyclable. I only use Oral-B. :think:

I take a warm towel from the dryer and put it on the rug and they eat while having
warm toes.
That has to be the sweetest thing I ever heard in my life. ❤

we're getting stim money!!
We are?! If that's true, then that's my positive too! Are we getting $1,200 or $600?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is DH and I brought over a package full of cat treats and dog food to our local pet store. They have six large boxes with the name of different no-kill shelters in our area who come and pick up donations weekly.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kids and I got 2 kinds of cookies made today. So only 3-5 more to go. :p So far I haven't tried any. I was super busy when DH said he was heading home from work so he stopped for some fried chicken. That was SO good; but I still don't have room for a cookie. Plus I'm thirsty from the salty dinner.

We had a surprise box dropped off from a local listener supported radio station we love yesterday. It was a "thank you" for being a long-term supporter. DS was super excited because he LOVES the radio station. He actually asked for a radio for his bedroom for Christmas so he can listen to that station. The box had a book, some salt water taffy from a local place and some locally roasted and ground coffee. I tried it this morning. It was pretty good! I'm going to have to look them up to see what other blends they have and where i can buy it. It would be nice to support a local place from time to time. I always complain that this state is all about chain places. So I guess it's up to me to support the local ones if I'm going to complain about all the chains. ;)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leaving at 10am today and starting my staycation early. It took everything I had to even come in though. I laid in bed for an hour wondering if I should just say "screw it" and take the entire day off. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We are that's true?! If that's true, then that's my positive too! Are we getting $1,200 or $600?
I heard 600, maybe 700, I don't think they're certain yet. but at least it is something The price of
all the disinfecting products is scandalous. I've been buying some online free Prime shipping.

Yes, they love their warm toes. I've named them Julian and Daniella, the names I'd chosen
if I would've had human children. I've been giving them more wet food as it seems the ginger
gang is not coming lately. The other morning Julian was giving Robero the business so maybe
they are afraid?

Very damp and cold today, washed some throws and blankets, going to rest and relax today.
Cleveland Orchestra is performing a radio concert today and tomorrow. Will probably watch
a movie and cuddle with Cal.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard 600, maybe 700, I don't think they're certain yet. but at least it is something The price of
all the disinfecting products is scandalous. I've been buying some online free Prime shipping.

Yes, they love their warm toes. I've named them Julian and Daniella, the names I'd chosen
if I would've had human children. I've been giving them more wet food as it seems the ginger
gang is not coming lately. The other morning Julian was giving Robero the business so maybe
they are afraid?

Very damp and cold today, washed some throws and blankets, going to rest and relax today.
Cleveland Orchestra is performing a radio concert today and tomorrow. Will probably watch
a movie and cuddle with Cal.
I heard $1200 per person and $500 per kid. 🤷‍♀️

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knows what the amount will be.
$600 is absolutely nothing for a family. maybe a grocery store bill.

Kind of a sham type compromise. But with these republicans in control, it is at least something.

Jan 20 cannot come fast enough.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay; it'll help pay for my new septic system I suppose....

I put in White Christmas to watch while we baked last night and surprisingly; my kids both liked it! I can probably quote most or all of the movie I've watched it so many times! :redheartpump: I thought DD might like the dances but DS even did. :banana1:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
White Christmas is an annual event for me. It was filmed the year I was born! So I do know the dialogue.

Still have to watch It’s a Wonderful Life. Not for young kids; but I love it. Another tradition.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . I bet your kids would like The Santa Claus with Tim Allen. It explains all about how Santa can do so many things. Another favorite.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
White Christmas is an annual event for me. It was filmed the year I was born! So I do know the dialogue.

Still have to watch It’s a Wonderful Life. Not for young kids; but I love it. Another tradition.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . I bet your kids would like The Santa Claus with Tim Allen. It explains all about how Santa can do so many things. Another favorite.
Oh they do! That’s my mom’s favorite. I definitely prefer it to movies like Elf or especially National Lampoons. DS thinks those are hilarious though. :rolleyes2::lol2:

I wonder if he will watch other musicals with me? I’ll have to think what ones. Probably The Music Man. But NOT Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I can’t stand that one. I always liked the marching band. We watched The Muppets Christmas Carol too. That’s still a favorite of mine!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a surprise box dropped off from a local listener supported radio station we love yesterday.
Care packages are the best! Especially ones with food or coffee. :thumbsup:

I heard 600, maybe 700, I don't think they're certain yet. but at least it is something
I'm looking forward to helping stimulate the economy. :thumbsup:

My positive is my friends are being a bit more supportive on Facebook and it is really helping me. I know it's probably frustrating to be friends with a ghost that they never see. But I really am trying to get well. After we get the Corona vaccine, and the weather warms up this spring/summer, hopefully I can get out more for coffee or lunch. :crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother had kohls cash she wasn’t going to use; so she gave it to me to get some new shirts I really needed. I’m between sizes and I ordered online so I got both sizes and both fit ok. I got brands I’m not familiar with so I wasn’t sure. My closest kohls had 2 shirts in the store but the rest are being shipped. Now I’ll have one for Christmas Day. 😃

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I reconnected on Facebook with an old friend that I wrote a poem for 20 years ago, but I never gave it to him. He said he wants it, so I will type it up and send it to him. It was written by my 24 year old self, so kinda cheesy, but also sweet. So maybe he will like it. I wrote it for him when his father died.
Wow! I thought you were in your 20's from some of the stuff you post. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.