The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am maintaining distance from family, no Christmas cookies have been baked and dropped off to the son. So yesterday he and his girlfriend decided to do their own Xmas baking. There has been two days of phone calls and instructions on following recipes and using a spritz maker. The spritz maker was particularly challenging and yesterday they sent this in a test that said “any ideas?” These are supposed to be Christmas trees. We agreed next year we will make cookies together.
CCFDD4EB-4B1A-4BB9-B594-A96A6286EB4E.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boone and Gracie's horsing around under the tree made one strand of lights stop working yesterday. Somehow their horsing around today fixed it. :cheerleader:
Those two could be a comic strip! 😆
I could go for one as well, lots of cheese, toasted bun, fries, and a chocolate malted, bliss!!
I had a “Texas” burger. So it had bbq sauce, cheese, bacon and I added a couple onion rings. The only thing missing was some sauteed mushrooms. I didn’t request a delux version but they added two slices of tomato and a lot of good lettuce too. It was a meal without needing sides!
Since I am maintaining distance from family, no Christmas cookies have been baked and dropped off to the son. So yesterday he and his girlfriend decided to do their own Xmas baking. There has been two days of phone calls and instructions on following recipes and using a spritz maker. The spritz maker was particularly challenging and yesterday they sent this in a test that said “any ideas?” These are supposed to be Christmas trees. We agreed next year we will make cookies together.
View attachment 362150
I do a lot of baking but using a cookie press frustrated me! I haven’t tried again. So I can relate to that one! Baking together is so much better to learn. I really wish I had done sauce and meatballs with my Gram. I always did pies and cookies with her. And soups with my other Grandma. There are no recipes for those things.

Mooch’s meds just arrived on a FedEx truck! :banana1: They only took 2 days to get here plus one to verify her prescription. I am very pleased! And relieved!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is a follow-up from a few weeks ago about my neighbor being out of work since March and desperately needing to find employment. The last time I posted she had a favorable interview but didn't know if she clinched it. I'm happy to report that she not only got the job but it's closer to home than her old job. :woohoo:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 362150
Bless his heart.... They are trying... trying to keep the Christmas Spirit and Tradition going...
I applaud him for his efforts.....

My mom, who was an excellent baker, could never get the handle on a cookie press.. But give her any other cookie recipe.. and she was "Golden"... or any cake, etc.... Such a good Cook... even regular food...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
positive the gf didnt say to much over the mess i made with this new mini waffle maker we picked up on a whim from target the other day :lol: for sure we gotta buy a big normal sized one . hopefully it wont flood out all over the sides:lol:on my next test run
Every waffle maker I have ever owned has spilled batter over the sides. But as you learn how to make them you do get better at not having a huge mess to clean up. If you love waffles, the best ones are the kind that can flip the waffle over so they are perfectly crispy on both sides.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
positive the gf didnt say to much over the mess i made with this new mini waffle maker we picked up on a whim from target the other day :lol: for sure we gotta buy a big normal sized one . hopefully it wont flood out all over the sides:lol:on my next test run
I hope you have better luck than I did. I just switched to Eggo's instead. :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every waffle maker I have ever owned has spilled batter over the sides. But as you learn how to make them you do get better at not having a huge mess to clean up. If you love waffles, the best ones are the kind that can flip the waffle over so they are perfectly crispy on both sides.
good to know thanks :lol:i always tell the gf cooking is an adventure never know whats going to happen

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
good to know thanks :lol:i always tell the gf cooking is an adventure never know whats going to happen
Before I retired I traveled a lot for work and always chose hotels that had make your own breakfasts. And the star of the show was the waffle maker. Waffles, bacon and great coffee was always the best way to start a day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a meal without needing sides!
I love a huge sandwich or veggie burger that is so loaded that I don't need sides. :thumbsup:

I just switched to Eggo's instead.
This reminds me, I love toasting frozen waffles and making sandwiches with them! 👍

My positive is I think we are doing a Walmart pickup order on Tuesday. I hope so, because I have my online cart all ready. If not, I will just do an online order delivered to the house, but I won't be able to get any perishables.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like my new outdoor heated walkway mat is serving another purpose. My camera showed a cat come last night and sit on the mat, presumably for a little warmth. My camera doesn’t record more than 30 seconds so don't know how long it stayed. We will see if it returns tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.