The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely What did you bake?

Oh my, my deck is like a skating rink! It's in the 20s and we have a sprinkling of snow over the ice.I bet the er will be
filled with slip and falls. I'm rugged up and warm. Cal went out for about 20 minutes, came back in, and is now sleeping
on her blanket, snoring, snorting, and cooing, ha! sweet girl.

Will try to read, do some light chores, and keep my ankle elevated. Supposed to be in the 70s by next Saturday.
What are all you mothers doing tomorrow?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
garden tiller today so I can plant my corn soon
Demi is terrified of the garden tiller! He acts like his world is coming to an end. You would think he'd realize he's safe inside the house.

My positive is Demi & I just had a little dance session. Well he was trying to punch & bite me as I danced. But it looked a little like we were dancing together. I think he enjoyed it. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely What did you bake?
Oatmeal chocolate chunk bars, if you go to the Quarantine Baking thread in Foodie's Corner I posted a pic.

We did a bunch of weeding in the yard but there's still more to do. Where do all those weeds come from? :dunno: Since it was a nice sunny day we took a long walk in the afternoon, then sat on the patio with a cup of coffee and the dessert bars I baked yesterday.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely Sounds yummy!

Freezing temps here again, brrrr....Miss my mom and all my babies today, especially the Vincie girl. My God, she was amazing.
I've been thinking of all the sweet and comical things she used to do and I laugh and cry at the same time. Visiting the nursing
home down the street and my neighbor tattling on her. The incessant chatting when she became deaf. How she bossed around
her brothers and sisters. I am so lucky to have had her had her. Miss you baby girl. :rbheart: :hugs:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sat on the patio with a cup of coffee
That sounds like heaven! Wish I had a patio to drink coffee on. ☕

My positive is my classmate reached out to me on Facebook and told me about his daughter having anorexia. She is in treatment now. It made me feel less alone and maybe I can help her somehow. I tend to want to disappear when I'm not 100%, but maybe it's best to hang in there and keep connections with people. We lift each other up. 🤝

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms whether fur kids or human kids. :bouquet: The weather here is cool, rain and dreary but I didn't let that stop me from celebrating at my favorite local coffee roaster in the late morning. I had a latte w/almond milk and DH had a chai tea latte. Of course, I just had to get two bags of their darkest roast.☕

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grade finally came in for the class I finished two weeks ago. My perfect GPA is still alive. :thumbsup: I struggled so badly to get my bachelor's degree because I was severely depressed the entire time. I'm not sure what my final GPA was when I graduated, but I know it was significantly lower than what I earned in high school. It's such a confidence boost to be nearly halfway through my master's degree and maintaining an A average. It's amazing what your brain can do when it's healthy and working properly.

I also received some pictures of the kitten I might be adopting soon. I will hopefully be meeting her sometime this week.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My grade finally came in for the class I finished two weeks ago. My perfect GPA is still alive. :thumbsup: I struggled so badly to get my bachelor's degree because I was severely depressed the entire time. I'm not sure what my final GPA was when I graduated, but I know it was significantly lower than what I earned in high school. It's such a confidence boost to be nearly halfway through my master's degree and maintaining an A average. It's amazing what your brain can do when it's healthy and working properly.

I also received some pictures of the kitten I might be adopting soon. I will hopefully be meeting her sometime this week.
MonaLyssa33 O my that is so wonderful. Good job!:):silver:🌍

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congrats! Way to go! !:celebrate::woo::banana1::banana2::celebrate::bunnydance::party2:

Can totally relate with poor grades due to mental health. Through out high school I had a c average, haha.

So proud of you!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Will snow a bit today, ha!!! Cal, (via Nicole), got me a stunning New Guinea Impatiens hanging plant, in a beautiful
fushia color. My hummers will love it but she said to keep it inside for a few days because of the temps. Cal loves the
new treats I got her. Temptations catnip flavor. She asks for them, soo cute. She'll get excited, then crash, hee, hee.
She had some just now and is doing her usual snoring, snorting, cooing. Angel

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is I had a nice chat with my oldest brother on Facebook this morning. He is really rich & fancy, so it's often hard for me to talk to him without feeling like a total failure in life. But he was nice to me this morning and gave me some tips on how to gain muscle when exercising.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is really rich & fancy, so it's often hard for me to talk to him without feeling like a total failure in life.
[QOUTE]

I get that feeling of comparing yourself and feeling behind. It sucks. Everyone has their own path and purpose though. Keep doing you. You awesome. <3

Where do you feel like you should be right now? What do you feel like you missed out on?

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I go months without hearing from my sibs. Prolly due to the fact we lost both parents at a young age. We are all VERY indepenent. It was hardest on the youngest. He was only 10 when mom died & 16 when dad passed. It was hard on all 6 of us. Makes me really appreciate what I have.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie --I was sick with the anorexia for so many years, and he would call me lazy & say I'm not trying hard enough. Unfortunately people judge you on how much money you can make. Anorexics are just worried about living to see another day. If I could have done better, I would have. I do the best I can with what I have. But the positive is I'm still here, so there is still hope. 🌈☀

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie --I was sick with the anorexia for so many years, and he would call me lazy & say I'm not trying hard enough. Unfortunately people judge you on how much money you can make. Anorexics are just worried about living to see another day. If I could have done better, I would have. I do the best I can with what I have. But the positive is I'm still here, so there is still hope. 🌈☀
I'm so glad you are still here and fighting <3 I'm so sorry you faced such invalidation and blaming instead of support from your brother while you were struggling. You deserved to have him cheer you on, be understanding, and be caring.

Yes, many people do judge others based on how much money they make. But there are others who don't, too. I'd rather meet a kind person who is less wealthy than be around someone who has lots of money but looks down on others. The world can seem cruel and unfair sometimes.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I go months without hearing from my sibs. Prolly due to the fact we lost both parents at a young age. We are all VERY indepenent. It was hardest on the youngest. He was only 10 when mom died & 16 when dad passed. It was hard on all 6 of us. Makes me really appreciate what I have.
You have darling Theo and us!!:grouphug::redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.