The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The sky is blue blue, there is a slight breeze in the air and all the trees branches and green green leaves are dancing in it. :silver: ♥ Yesterday I saw the Tin man from y'all know where with a heart on him when we were driving down the road!:cloud9::bigeyes:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's cool here. I almost always fall asleep on the couch with Mooch in my lap and then stumble to bed a few hours later (around 3ish). Last night I was so cozy I didn't wake up till a few minutes before 6! :eek2: DH had the bed to himself almost all night I guess. I think his alarm goes off at 6:15. Oops! Mooch wasn't complaining! And I left her with my couch comforter snuggled around her like a nest. :hearthrob:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Adding that I will continue to get work-paid Uber rides to and from work for the month of June :) Public transportation is too risky :paranoid:

I did get my stimulus payment today :woo: But a little less than $1200 because my 2018 taxes my AGI was just a little over the stimulus max income threshold for an individual to get the full $1200 :sigh: If I had been allowed to use my 2019 tax return info, I would have gotten the full $1200 but processing of 2019 taxes are delayed this year.

Saw this :hearthrob:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally finished watching The Thorn Birds for the first time
I love this mini series! I love any romantic mini series, but haven't taken the time to watch one in forever!

I did get my stimulus payment today
Do we have to pay income tax on the $1,200? My positive is that my brother sent me a link to apply for the stimulus check, for people who didn't file taxes this year. I hope I qualify. If I have to pay income tax on it, I want to set some of it aside to pay it. The rest will go for new clothes.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Adding that I will continue to get work-paid Uber rides to and from work for the month of June :) Public transportation is too risky :paranoid:

I did get my stimulus payment today :woo: But a little less than $1200 because my 2018 taxes my AGI was just a little over the stimulus max income threshold for an individual to get the full $1200 :sigh: If I had been allowed to use my 2019 tax return info, I would have gotten the full $1200 but processing of 2019 taxes are delayed this year.

Saw this :hearthrob:

LTS3 Thank you, love the concert. ♥ :silver:🌺

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this mini series! I love any romantic mini series, but haven't taken the time to watch one in forever!

Do we have to pay income tax on the $1,200? My positive is that my brother sent me a link to apply for the stimulus check, for people who didn't file taxes this year. I hope I qualify. If I have to pay income tax on it, I want to set some of it aside to pay it. The rest will go for new clothes.
You'll have to tell them if you have an income and where it comes from. I'm sure you'll qualify.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Loved the Thorn Birds, book and mini-series. I'll have to see if the library has it when it reopens on 12 May, drive-up window only but you can request what you want to read or view and then pick it up. Chilly now, about 33! Will get warm then temps will plummet again tonight, will have a low in the 20s one day over the weekend. Hard to believe 4 days ago I was sitting on the deck, was 80 degrees, and I had the ac on, yikes! Twisted my ankle, nothing major but it's times like this that I wish I didn't have steps.

Had sun all day yesterday felt good when I would go out but rugged up. Kaylee talked me into getting Bluetooth earbuds but I don't understand the charging stuff. They are very comfy but need to wait till she gets here so she can show me about the charging stuff.
Have tomato soup leftover from Panera and part of a cinnamon scone, yum! and lots of French bread

LTS3 LTS3 Congrats on receiving your stim money! Thanks for the concert info!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll have to tell them if you have an income and where it comes from.

I don't have any income at the moment. I just was wondering if I have to pay income tax on the stimulus check if I get it. Nobody knows for sure that I asked. On Medicaid, I'm not allowed to receive more than $2,000 I think.

My positive is my right leg feels better after walking the incline of the driveway. Not sure why this is working when everything else failed. In physical therapy do they use an incline, or uphill movements? Whatever, it's working I think, so I'm gonna roll with it. :thumbsup:

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a wonderful walk in a valley named after homeros where he is thought to have lived and got inspired.. Since our semi- lock down, I treat myself to remote places once a week for quality air
IMG-20200507-WA0035.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Thats on my list of "want to see" birds.
Oops, I typed this but didn't hit post at that point...

I'm not sure if this counts for a birder's list (I think you need to see them IRL "in real life"?) but there's a webcam called Hummingbird Spot that has Orioles who absolutely insist the only feeders they like and will utilize are the hummy feeders :lol::thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oops, I typed this but didn't hit post at that point...

I'm not sure if this counts for a birder's list (I think you need to see them IRL "in real life"?) but there's a webcam called Hummingbird Spot that has Orioles who absolutely insist the only feeders they like and will utilize are the hummy feeders :lol::thumbsup:
Maybe I’ll have to put one out this year then. The hummers like my hanging and potted flowers. I’ve had them fly right up when I’m watering in the mornings. :hearthrob: I think I read about them liking half an orange too. It might have been another bird.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wonderful walk in a valley named after homeros where he is thought to have lived and got inspired.. Since our semi- lock down, I treat myself to remote places once a week for quality air
View attachment 333292
How beautiful! Miss hiking. I should get out sometime when people aren't at the first preserves.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any income at the moment. I just was wondering if I have to pay income tax on the stimulus check if I get it. Nobody knows for sure that I asked. On Medicaid, I'm not allowed to receive more than $2,000 I think.

My positive is my right leg feels better after walking the incline of the driveway. Not sure why this is working when everything else failed. In physical therapy do they use an incline, or uphill movements? Whatever, it's working I think, so I'm gonna roll with it. :thumbsup:
I imagine when you are walking up and down inclines you are stretching out the muscles in the back of your leg and apparently your leg is appreciating it.

As far as the stimulus, I don’t believe it is taxable income.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

maggiedemi that is wonderful right leg feels better! Sometimes doctors don't know everything and they are not the gods that more than a few of them think they are. I know firsthand from personal experience, activity like dancing, walking, swimming and massage are very good treatments. The human body was not designed to sit around and lay around all the time. Music is also very good therapy, as is mental imaging (ie : imagining beautiful peaceful places in your mind, for me also focusing on the Color blue was and is very relaxing for muscles and mind-but it might be different color for you. Helping others also helps take mind off of personal pains and makes a person feel very much better mentally. Pain & mental health are very interconnected as you must know. I pray for you sweetheart, you WILL get better. Positive attitude is extremely crucial to healing. Do not forget supermoon is out tonight-Full if you get to see it in uptsate NY which I believe you can. Concentration on beautiful things in nature, in people, in those qualities you love about life so helpful. Also a jacuzzi spa works wonders if you could get that kind of therapy. Massage very very good also! Maybe you could massage leg yourself or ask your sweet father to rub the leg would be helpful. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know--remember you are not alone and people do care. I care, you so sweet! Cat also very helpful (as you no doubt know). Purring makes relaxing. Keep up the good workout. ♥ :silver:🌺:yess::dazzler::jive:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We're supposed to get very cold
temps tonight, in the 20s, with maybe a bit of snow, yikes!
Same here, one reason why I never plant my annuals until late May.
Since we have the same weather as you I decided to bake. The house smells great and we'll have a homemade dessert after dinner tonight. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pray for you sweetheart, you WILL get better.
Awww, thank you. I hope so...:hugs:

Concentration on beautiful things in nature, in people
I like that, concentrate on beautiful things in people. ☀

today I received one from her
Well...care to share what it was? :thumbsup:

when bed get too cold, have hubby get more cats on the bed
Hee hee. That mental picture made me laugh. Can the guy stay or just the cats? :lol:

My positive for today is I got 2 more pounds of French Vanilla cappuccino powder, so I will have plenty to experiment with. I also got some Folgers instant coffee to add to it. ☕

Status
Not open for further replies.